Revolut vs Starling vs Monzo for buying from Amazon DE & FR

Posted 6th Aug 2020
I'm wanting to finally get around to getting a card for making the occasional purchase from sites like Amazon DE and FR. Which of these cards would be the best one to go for and do any have advantages over the others or are they all pretty much the same?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Starling and Monzo are full fledged bank accounts, Revolut is not. I have all 3 but end up using Starling most of the time as their service,when it became necessary, was excellent. Revolut is mainly the backup card for the other two while travelling because on occasion, things don't work.
I would vote Starling, I have used it all over the world and online.
It does not have any fees and it automatically changes everything into £ for you.
Tom464606/08/2020 09:34

I would vote Starling, I have used it all over the world and online.It …I would vote Starling, I have used it all over the world and online.It does not have any fees and it automatically changes everything into £ for you.

Revolut and Monzo also do the conversion. The trick is to refuse the conversion offered by the machine or the shopkeeper and charge in local currency only. The conversion rates offered usually have a markup of 5% or more.
I have revolut and starling but ended up getting a curve card and using that instead
You connect your bank card to it and it automaticaly converts all your payments for you
If you have multiple bank cards, you can put them all onto this card via the app and select which one you want to use by tapping it on the app. Very handy imo
I use my Halifax Clarity as my Primary, had a Revolut as a backup but never needed to use it for this.
In the circumstance combination of the product being sold directly by any flavour of Amazon and individually costing over £100 I would pay Amazon directly by UK credit card and take the currency conversion hit as a UK-based consumer insurance policy.
Tom464606/08/2020 09:34

I would vote Starling, I have used it all over the world and online.It …I would vote Starling, I have used it all over the world and online.It does not have any fees and it automatically changes everything into £ for you.

Unless you use their (Free) Euro account and deduct it from your Euro balance (Something you can turn on or off)
Post a comment
@
    Text