Groups

Reward Websites including Quidco info

A Reward website is a website that offers rewards for performing tasks related to selected retailers and organisations. These tasks may include, buying goods or services through referral links, submitting content, or referral of members.
    Examples of reward websites that offer monetary rewards for purchases of goods or services include;

[* en.wikipedia.org/wik…dco [U Quidco
    [* en.wikipedia.org/wik…alm [U Greasypalm
    [* en.wikipedia.org/wik…nts [U Rpoints Examples of websites that offer monetary rewards for the submission of content;

[* en.wikipedia.org/wik…%29 [U Ciao (website)
    [* en.wikipedia.org/wik…ons [U Epinions
    [* en.wikipedia.org/w/i…dit [U Dooyoo Reward websites use en.wikipedia.org/wik…ork [U affiliate networks (for eg. en.wikipedia.org/wik…ion [U Commission Junction to track the transactions of users using third party en.wikipedia.org/wik…ies [U cookies .
    There are various business models used and therefore sites differ in the service and value offered to the consumer. For example en.wikipedia.org/wik…dco [U Quidco operate a co-operative model whereby users are offered 100% of the commission the website receives from retailers etc in exchange for a £5 annual fee deducted from earned cashback.
    In contrast, sites like en.wikipedia.org/wik…nts [U rpoints operate a more traditional model whereby 50% of the revenue generated from purchases of goods and services through en.wikipedia.org/wik…ers [U retailers is taken by en.wikipedia.org/wik…nts [U rpoints in commission. This often means that sites like rpoints offer almost half the value of alternative sites

Tracking
    Purchases are tracked through various en.wikipedia.org/wik…rks [U affiliate networks such as en.wikipedia.org/wik…ler [U Tradedoubler en.wikipedia.org/w/i…dit [U Affiliate Future and en.wikipedia.org/wik…ion [U Commission Junction . Tracking is possible by the use of en.wikipedia.org/wik…ies [U cookies .

Payment
    Quidco offers redemption of cashback via en.wikipedia.org/wik…pal [U paypal or en.wikipedia.org/wik…ACS [U BACS .

The above is taken from Wikipedia:-
    en.wikipedia.org/wik…tesen.wikipedia.org/wik…tes

The reason Quidco is mentioned more than any other 'Reward / Cashback' sites is because, in most cases the cashback is higher. ALL cashback reward sites can be mentioned on HUKD, but no referral links.

You need to log into your relevant reward cashback account and then click on the merchant you wish to buy from, to get cashback. NO links on HUKD to merchants will track on your relevant reward cashback account. You must always go to the merchant via your relevant reward cashback account.

Quidco help topics:-
    quidco.com/help/quidco.com/help/

To join Quidco:-
    quidco.com/join/quidco.com/join/

88 Comments

Thanks for the post Dino, this will be very useful to refer queries to

Original Poster

Thanks Emma :thumbsup:

Gud stuff !!

first time iv visted greasy palms site.....and noticed u get much more from Quidco !!!

Thanks for your efforts dino..a very handy thread.

Original Poster

I hope this thread helps with all the Quidco questions that keep getting asked. :thumbsup: :-D

Thanks dinosteveus for the help thread. If someone posts now point them here!

Alternative to quidco who sometimes have problems tracking.

How do I make a claim under the Highest Cashback Promise?

Rpoints makes a "Highest Cashback Promise" that it will at least match the cashback offered by any of our competitors.

Details of the Highest Cashback Promise and a claim form can be found at:

]http//ww…ck/

No admin fees or withdrawal charges.

Col

No referral requests please, we don't want to swamp HotUKDeals with those, as they'll be removed as spam otherwise. Thanks

Thanks for this thread by the way dinosteveus!

Thanks col for the info, but I've merged yours here as it's the best place for it.

Just ordered my first item via Quidco (The Rambo Trilogy from HMV). I have just logged onto my Quidco and there is nothing there.

I take it the system doesn't update until the transaction has been fully processed by HMV?

Original Poster

Liverpool_Bear

Just ordered my first item via Quidco (The Rambo Trilogy from HMV). I … Just ordered my first item via Quidco (The Rambo Trilogy from HMV). I have just logged onto my Quidco and there is nothing there. I take it the system doesn't update until the transaction has been fully processed by HMV?

Some 'tracking' can take a while to show in your Quidco account. Give it a few days.

Are we making a list of cashback sites within this thread steve,as a point of reference for comparison etc?
    If so i would like to add Topcashback to the list,as i have found them a very good alternative to Quidco,especialy when a certain retailer does not feature within Quidco.For instance,i recently made a purchase from Past Times who no longer appear on Quidco,but you can get 10% cashback via Topcashback.
    Great idea for a thread steve.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

bazr

Are we making a list of cashback sites within this thread steve,as a … Are we making a list of cashback sites within this thread steve,as a point of reference for comparison etc?If so i would like to add Topcashback to the list,as i have found them a very good alternative to Quidco,especialy when a certain retailer does not feature within Quidco.For instance,i recently made a purchase from Past Times who no longer appear on Quidco,but you can get 10% cashback via Topcashback.Great idea for a thread steve.:thumbsup:

Not a list as such, but if Topcash offer more cash back on a deal posted, mention it in the deal post. No referral links of course.

Original Poster

Time for a Bump.

maybe with the constant questions this could be made a sticky? it would be easier to find when someone asks?

loupomm

maybe with the constant questions this could be made a sticky? it would … maybe with the constant questions this could be made a sticky? it would be easier to find when someone asks?

fully agree as I'm forever trying to find the thread to link into a post

As with lou and currychops,it is a 'Sticky'' for me too.Searched in vain for this thread last week.I wanted to refer someone with a quidco query to this thread,but couldn't find it and didn't have the time to do a thorough search.

It might be best to have a sticky with links to "essential" threads and then unsticky some of the threads there now. I don't like too many stickies at the top of a forum.

Admin

It might be best to have a sticky with links to "essential" threads and … It might be best to have a sticky with links to "essential" threads and then unsticky some of the threads there now. I don't like too many stickies at the top of a forum.

Sounds good.:)

Original Poster

bazr

As with lou and currychops,it is a 'Sticky'' for me too.Searched in vain … As with lou and currychops,it is a 'Sticky'' for me too.Searched in vain for this thread last week.I wanted to refer someone with a quidco query to this thread,but couldn't find it and didn't have the time to do a thorough search.

It's in my sig:whistling:
    It can't be hard finding a post from me :giggle: :giggle:

dinosteveus

It's in my sig:whistling: It can't be hard finding a post from me … It's in my sig:whistling: It can't be hard finding a post from me :giggle: :giggle:

thats very true :):giggle:

but even easier if it was at the top of misc

Thanks Dino, I somehow managed to miss this thread when you originally posted it.

dinosteveus

It's in my sig:whistling: It can't be hard finding a post from me … It's in my sig:whistling: It can't be hard finding a post from me :giggle: :giggle:

Didn't know it was in your sig' steve and newb's will deffo not know how to find it.If it is in a sticky,then there is a good chance they will see it and that is one less question that is going to get posted and less clutter on the forums.:)

ipoints is a combination of the 2 types of sites, you can earn points by shopping and also by completing polls and stuff

Admin

It might be best to have a sticky with links to "essential" threads and … It might be best to have a sticky with links to "essential" threads and then unsticky some of the threads there now. I don't like too many stickies at the top of a forum.

No sooner said than done.:whistling:
    Thanks for putting this in a sticky ray.:)

[SIZE=2]Is it safe to give Quidco your bank details for BACS instead of using PayPal?[/SIZE]

Original Poster

Gummo

[SIZE=2]Is it safe to give Quidco your bank details for BACS instead of … [SIZE=2]Is it safe to give Quidco your bank details for BACS instead of using PayPal?[/SIZE]

YES . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let's see if a sticky reduces the number of times the question is asked:)

My bet is on NO :giggle: especially within Hot Deal posts:)

I have a question...

Is BACS instant payment in regards to QuiCo?? My QuidCo is now marked as paid on 28th Feb. Will this show in my account tomorrow?? Reason I ask is caus' when QuidCo pay you via PayPal, they use an eCheque which takes about a week to clear! TIA

birdyboyuk

I have a question...Is BACS instant payment in regards to QuiCo?? My … I have a question...Is BACS instant payment in regards to QuiCo?? My QuidCo is now marked as paid on 28th Feb. Will this show in my account tomorrow?? Reason I ask is caus' when QuidCo pay you via PayPal, they use an eCheque which takes about a week to clear! TIA

Hi birdyboy,my last payment was paid on tues 30th jan and was in my bank account on fri 2nd feb.HTH.:)

col

Let's see if a sticky reduces the number of times the question is asked

:giggle::whistling:

bazr

Hi birdyboy,my last payment was paid on tues 30th jan and was in my bank … Hi birdyboy,my last payment was paid on tues 30th jan and was in my bank account on fri 2nd feb.HTH.:)

Quick by my standards!:thumbsup:

Gummo

:giggle::whistling:

Guess not.Lol:thumbsup:

Is it definitely worth signing up with Quidco? Will I save a lot of money? Are there any negative points? Will my Visa debit card work with it?

Thanks.

cackhandedchimp

Is it definitely worth signing up with Quidco? Will I save a lot of … Is it definitely worth signing up with Quidco? Will I save a lot of money? Are there any negative points? Will my Visa debit card work with it?Thanks.

you dont need to use a card for quidco you just sign in to your account and access the merchants through itso its down to the individual merchants as wether they accept your card, imo its well worth it, ive clocked up nearly £150 in just a couple of months and with hardly any money spent

Original Poster

cackhandedchimp

Is it definitely worth signing up with Quidco? Will I save a lot of … Is it definitely worth signing up with Quidco? Will I save a lot of money? Are there any negative points? Will my Visa debit card work with it?Thanks.

Have you read the OP?
    You don't 'save' money as such.
    You don't need a credit Card with Quidco.

Are there any known tracking problems if I'm using IE and running spybot? Does anyone use SlimBrowser?

will I get tracking problems if I leave my Norton internet security ad blocking on ? Or can I disable it ONLY when I use quidco when making an order and then turn back on after making an order ?

Is there away to test if the set up I have would track without buying anything ? because I want to buy something for a £100 and wouldnt like NOT to get cashback

jg213

will I get tracking problems if I leave my Norton internet security ad … will I get tracking problems if I leave my Norton internet security ad blocking on ? Or can I disable it ONLY when I use quidco when making an order and then turn back on after making an order ?Is there away to test if the set up I have would track without buying anything ? because I want to buy something for a £100 and wouldnt like NOT to get cashback

try one of the price comparison sites that you get 8p-10p just for doing a search, kelkoo or high street web :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions