RFID car key signal blocker box

Posted 8th Mar 2019Edited by:"gsj87"
I'm looking for a large metal RFID car key signal blocker box, something bigger to hold my whole set of keys and not just the car key.

Will any tin box do, like a smokers tin box or does it need to be made out of something specific?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Or - just put them in your microwave, best RF blocker there is . Does the job , but make sure you remove them before doing any cooking .
Edited by: "rogparki" 8th Mar 2019
17 Comments
deleted1471098
It needs some specific materials. I bought a pouch and it fits my car keys in it, which have other keys on them.

Visenta Minder Signal Blocker -... amazon.co.uk/dp/B07LCHTN41
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 8th Mar 2019
deleted147109808/03/2019 20:13

It needs some specific materials. I bought a pouch and it fits my car keys …It needs some specific materials. I bought a pouch and it fits my car keys in it, which have other keys on them.Visenta Minder Signal Blocker -... amazon.co.uk/dp/B07LCHTN41

Thanks for the info, I'm after a metal box, something that looks a bit better than a pouch and easier to use. We've got a few keyless entry cars in the house so something that we can put on the kitchen counter that will hold all keys.
deleted1471098
gsj8708/03/2019 20:16

Thanks for the info, I'm after a metal box, something that looks a bit …Thanks for the info, I'm after a metal box, something that looks a bit better than a pouch and easier to use. We've got a few keyless entry cars in the house so something that we can put on the kitchen counter that will hold all keys.

Then you need an aluminium box or basically any metal that does not conduct electricity.

A steel/copper tin will likely amplify the signal slightly as these conduct electric.

If you want to test it then put the fobs in the box and try and open the cars.
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 8th Mar 2019
deleted1471098
deleted147109808/03/2019 20:20

Then you need an aluminium box or basically any metal that does not …Then you need an aluminium box or basically any metal that does not conduct electricity. A steel/copper tin will likely amplify the signal slightly as these conduct electric.If you want to test it then put the fobs in the box and try and open the cars.

Meant to say it must not have any gaps in it or the signal can get through.
simples
Or - just put them in your microwave, best RF blocker there is . Does the job , but make sure you remove them before doing any cooking .
Edited by: "rogparki" 8th Mar 2019
In addition to a signal blocker, you should also look into getting steering locks for your cars in case someone is lying in wait and captures the unlock code for your cars
Why don’t you just electrify the seat upon exiting the car
renagade271 h, 59 m ago

[Video] simples

This is exactly what I've been doing for the past few weeks lol
You need a faraday cage box, give it a Google there is plenty of guides how to make one
thenormalone1 h, 36 m ago

In addition to a signal blocker, you should also look into getting …In addition to a signal blocker, you should also look into getting steering locks for your cars in case someone is lying in wait and captures the unlock code for your cars

Thanks bud, I got one of these last week.
ding42 s ago

You need a faraday cage box, give it a Google there is plenty of guides …You need a faraday cage box, give it a Google there is plenty of guides how to make one

Great thanks, I'll check it out now
simple test on a few normal household tins
Can of baked beans with some adjustments or a metal sugar canister maybe worth a try.

Link

used one for £2.86 also available
Edited by: "MR1123" 9th Mar 2019
Or just don't keep the car keys near doors or windows..
deleted1204383
deleted147109808/03/2019 20:20

Then you need an aluminium box or basically any metal that does not …Then you need an aluminium box or basically any metal that does not conduct electricity. A steel/copper tin will likely amplify the signal slightly as these conduct electric.If you want to test it then put the fobs in the box and try and open the cars.

Aluminium does conduct electricity. It is usually a better conductor than steel.
I'm sure any sort of metal box would block the signal, so long as it is thick enough. I don't see how it could amplify the signal, unless it has gaps in it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants