Rfid keyfobs copy?

Posted 22nd Aug 2019
Not sure if this works but I have a rfid (nfc) clock card at work that opens door.

And also the puregym keyfob.

So my question is the app I have reads and can write to both keyfob and clock card so would it be possible to buy blank key fobs and write the data to them and they'd work or not?
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
deleted1965997
Yes
I suspect you’ll find they are Mifare, if so pretty easy to clone.

but out of interest, why would you want to
Edited by: "paul1005" 22nd Aug 2019
paul100522/08/2019 19:47

I suspect you’ll find they are Mifare, if so pretty easy to clone.but out o …I suspect you’ll find they are Mifare, if so pretty easy to clone.but out of interest, why would you want to

For the work one, just easier to have on my keys

For the pure gym one would be interesting to see if I could clone it then my friend could use my original
I doubt you will be able to for the gym card as you’d need the keys to authenticate to the gym readers.
I'd think they would be useless if it was that easy, I suspect the writing equipment would set a key on the fob, then the entry data seperately.
The reader would need a description key to decode your personal data
paul100522/08/2019 19:47

I suspect you’ll find they are Mifare, if so pretty easy to clone.but out o …I suspect you’ll find they are Mifare, if so pretty easy to clone.but out of interest, why would you want to

Oyster uses Mifare yet you cannot clone it easily. Unless you have a way? I would be very interested if so.
Oyster uses Desfire, so its based on the Mifare specification but with secure keys.
deleted1471098
LiveforeverRkid22/08/2019 20:37

For the work one, just easier to have on my keysFor the pure gym one would …For the work one, just easier to have on my keysFor the pure gym one would be interesting to see if I could clone it then my friend could use my original

That’s why our gym has facial recognition, good luck cloning that!
Always worth a try.
Some mobile phones nfc can simulate locks too. I was having a mess about on holiday recently reading Hotel card, xand locks were definitely doing something. I'm sure if I had known which hex numbers to change I could have unlocked a few things. I stopped messing because I didn't want to get kicked out really.
deleted147109823/08/2019 19:21

That’s why our gym has facial recognition, good luck cloning that!

Its not what I want it for, you have to pay 6 pounds for the fob, so I was wandering if you could clone the data with my gym membership number on it, then my friend could have the paid fob and link it to his account.
We both pay for membership
MonkeysUncle24/08/2019 01:47

Always worth a try.Some mobile phones nfc can simulate locks too. I …Always worth a try.Some mobile phones nfc can simulate locks too. I was having a mess about on holiday recently reading Hotel card, xand locks were definitely doing something. I'm sure if I had known which hex numbers to change I could have unlocked a few things. I stopped messing because I didn't want to get kicked out really.

Hilton let you use your phone to unlock so I'd presume their hotel keys must be not very secure.
jamie1524/08/2019 13:46

Hilton let you use your phone to unlock so I'd presume their hotel keys …Hilton let you use your phone to unlock so I'd presume their hotel keys must be not very secure.

Arrested for attempted burglary, more like.
You made the right choice
esar24/08/2019 14:14

Arrested for attempted burglary, more like.You made the right choice

Misquote?
deleted1471098
LiveforeverRkid24/08/2019 11:36

Its not what I want it for, you have to pay 6 pounds for the fob, so I was …Its not what I want it for, you have to pay 6 pounds for the fob, so I was wandering if you could clone the data with my gym membership number on it, then my friend could have the paid fob and link it to his account.We both pay for membership

I think most gyms use some kind of encryption.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants