Expired

RGB Direct trouble

Found 28th Dec 2017
Do not use RGB Direct. I received a tv for xmas which (unknown to us) was damaged. The tv was wrapped and unopened for 4 weeks. The guy point blank refuses to have anything to do with it as it wasn’t reported within 2 days. PLEASE AVOID. Even refuses to uphold it’s 1 year warranty to get it repaired. My dad has been left with a knackered tv and they don’t want to know.
Posted in the questions section as I’d like to find anyone who’s resolved a similar issue with this company...?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Whilst extremely frustrating look at it from their point of view. They have sold you a TV. Not heard anything for four weeks - then you get in touch and say it’s ‘damaged’. Whilst not remotely insinuating you’re lying, there has to be a cut off point at which a claim can be made.
15 Comments
Did you pay with a credit card? If you did it might be worth asking them to see if they can help.
As above if you paid by credit card make a claim for a refund via the credit card company. Alternatively make a claim for accidental damage on your house insurance if it’s worth more than the excess and you have the cover in place.

It isn’t unusual for companies to require that you check goods within a few days or receipt of goods as technically any contract is complete on satisfactory receipt of goods (i.e delivery plus a couple of days to check the goods).
Whilst extremely frustrating look at it from their point of view. They have sold you a TV. Not heard anything for four weeks - then you get in touch and say it’s ‘damaged’. Whilst not remotely insinuating you’re lying, there has to be a cut off point at which a claim can be made.
You had a bad experience with them.... deal with it. Hundreds haven't had a bad experience with them.
So annoying to see folk that put "do not use".... "avoid" a particular company because "they" had an issue that's upset them
ps. Did you read the terms and conditions:
"it will be your responsibility to inform us of any damages within 2 days of receipt of goods . We will not accept claims made after 2 days ,the time frame to report any damaged goods will start the next day from the delivery day"
Edited by: "steve.t" 28th Dec 2017
Did you take out any extended cover when you bought it?
Original Poster
Toptrumpet1 h, 17 m ago

Did you take out any extended cover when you bought it?

Comes with a 1yr warranty
Original Poster
32936766-yUTlC.jpg
Original Poster
Looks like I’m not on my own anyway. I’ve pursued the matter via a resolver website. Thanks for the help.
Original Poster
steve.t2 h, 41 m ago

You had a bad experience with them.... deal with it. Hundreds haven't had …You had a bad experience with them.... deal with it. Hundreds haven't had a bad experience with them.So annoying to see folk that put "do not use".... "avoid" a particular company because "they" had an issue that's upset them ps. Did you read the terms and conditions: "it will be your responsibility to inform us of any damages within 2 days of receipt of goods . We will not accept claims made after 2 days ,the time frame to report any damaged goods will start the next day from the delivery day"

Does anyone actually read t&c’s? They’re a poorly run company which i’ve noticed now. Wish I’d done some research beforehand. Check the picture I uploaded and that will back up why i’ve used words like avoid etc 🏼
Original Poster
eslick3 h, 8 m ago

Check the timings and this article …Check the timings and this article http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-4246620/Currys-ditches-absurd-48hr-return-policy-broken-goods.html

Thanks very much 🏼
craighunter867 h, 38 m ago

Does anyone actually read t&c’s? They’re a poorly run company which i’ve no …Does anyone actually read t&c’s? They’re a poorly run company which i’ve noticed now. Wish I’d done some research beforehand. Check the picture I uploaded and that will back up why i’ve used words like avoid etc 🏼

3.1 is a good score. Most electronic companies have a far lower score. Most people only cry and stomp their feet and give a low rating if they dont get their way despite being in the wrong whereas hardly anyone gives a rating for perfect service.
Original Poster
chocci1 h, 38 m ago

3.1 is a good score. Most electronic companies have a far lower score. …3.1 is a good score. Most electronic companies have a far lower score. Most people only cry and stomp their feet and give a low rating if they dont get their way despite being in the wrong whereas hardly anyone gives a rating for perfect service.

22 x 1 star ratings from 56 is awful lol
chocci4 h, 16 m ago

3.1 is a good score. Most electronic companies have a far lower score. …3.1 is a good score. Most electronic companies have a far lower score. Most people only cry and stomp their feet and give a low rating if they dont get their way despite being in the wrong whereas hardly anyone gives a rating for perfect service.

You’re right. Very few people will opt to spread good news. However bad news will spread like wildfire. And as you say, often it won’t be the company that’s in the wrong...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions