Rhyming is a crime!

Posted 28th Apr

Words by Nigel Auchterlounie (Beano No. 4028)

Teacher... Write a poem for your homework

Student: Urrgh! A poem! What rot! I'd rather not swot and trot out words that rhyme... it really is a waste of time!

To squeeze in for no reason words that sound the same sounds tame! And won't bring fame! I can't be to blame if I'd rather game! 🎮

Teacher: You may so ho-hum to a poem, but "to design a fine rhyme is divine! It shows whoever you're clever! To endeavour to rhyme however."

Student: REALLY? WELL... I'm not the bard! Rhyming's hard! And who's got the time? It can't be a crime not to rhyme. To admit the wish to quit finding words that fit!

I'd rather lay flooring! Rhyming's that boring!

I wouldn't want to blow it, but I never heard of a rich poet! Poets can't afford a snack bar, I'd rather be a billionaire rap star!

I can't take all (or any) of the credit, it's not me that deserves the merit. Words by Nigel Auchterlounie, featured in Beano issue 4028. Hope it gave you a chuckle, see if you can do better without any struggle.

Comment your fun rhymes below
Community Updates
Misc
6 Comments
Sounds a lot like rap,
which sounds a lot like... :/
Ok well I’m a one man band, not a team no, so I’ll find it hard to beat the Beano.

Walter and cuthbert with their weedy arms and nerdy glasses no wonder gnasher wants to bite their asses,
Ahh beano and the other one with desperate dan reading on school holidays getting a tan, him making cow pie horns sticking out, id always look, cringe and pout.
Those were the days no need to worry, lounging around and not in a hurry, I found an annual from 1998 and thought oh no what a cruel fate, I look at my son and think ‘that’s was me’ then I look in the mirror - a dad body!
But it’s time to be happy and not be sad I mean I made my kids, I am a dad and in this time at staying at home at least I know I’m not alone, it’s boring as hell being stuck in but the memories we are making is definitely a win!

My effort and I’m done I’m not good so please be kind
Leonjj28/04/2020 19:23

Ok well I’m a one man band, not a team no, so I’ll find it hard to beat the …Ok well I’m a one man band, not a team no, so I’ll find it hard to beat the Beano. Walter and cuthbert with their weedy arms and nerdy glasses no wonder gnasher wants to bite their asses,Ahh beano and the other one with desperate dan reading on school holidays getting a tan, him making cow pie horns sticking out, id always look, cringe and pout. Those were the days no need to worry, lounging around and not in a hurry, I found an annual from 1998 and thought oh no what a cruel fate, I look at my son and think ‘that’s was me’ then I look in the mirror - a dad body! But it’s time to be happy and not be sad I mean I made my kids, I am a dad and in this time at staying at home at least I know I’m not alone, it’s boring as hell being stuck in but the memories we are making is definitely a win! My effort and I’m done I’m not good so please be kind

I could hardly call your rhyme a crime, nor is it a pain, I'd better catch my train or I'll miss out on so much fame.

Seriously yours was good sorry I couldn't think of a better reply
andrewworrall128/04/2020 19:37

I could hardly call your rhyme a crime, nor is it a pain, I'd better catch …I could hardly call your rhyme a crime, nor is it a pain, I'd better catch my train or I'll miss out on so much fame.Seriously yours was good sorry I couldn't think of a better reply

I like
Leonjj28/04/2020 19:23

Ok well I’m a one man band, not a team no, so I’ll find it hard to beat the …Ok well I’m a one man band, not a team no, so I’ll find it hard to beat the Beano. Walter and cuthbert with their weedy arms and nerdy glasses no wonder gnasher wants to bite their asses,Ahh beano and the other one with desperate dan reading on school holidays getting a tan, him making cow pie horns sticking out, id always look, cringe and pout. Those were the days no need to worry, lounging around and not in a hurry, I found an annual from 1998 and thought oh no what a cruel fate, I look at my son and think ‘that’s was me’ then I look in the mirror - a dad body! But it’s time to be happy and not be sad I mean I made my kids, I am a dad and in this time at staying at home at least I know I’m not alone, it’s boring as hell being stuck in but the memories we are making is definitely a win! My effort and I’m done I’m not good so please be kind

Would be nice to have Eminem sing this
bozo00729/04/2020 06:10

Would be nice to have Eminem sing this

Haha yeah, I’m not very good a rhyming but I thought give it a go
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions