Rice Bran Extract - Alcohol?

Posted 7th May
Hi. I enquired about a product that had rice bran extract listed as an ingredient. Below is the response I got. I was wondering if this basically means alcohol? Thanks.
3458208-kNJ2y.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
You must be seriously bored to firstly read the ingredients list on the box of a fibre flakes and secondly to write to the company.
fearghalg07/05/2020 11:41

You must be seriously bored to firstly read the ingredients list on the …You must be seriously bored to firstly read the ingredients list on the box of a fibre flakes and secondly to write to the company.

Nah, I'm just mindful of alcohol. And I read ingredients list on everything I consume.
Edited by: "AgentSmith" 7th May
Reply and ask them?

Doesn’t look like alcohol is mentioned to me.
winzzz07/05/2020 11:50

Reply and ask them?Doesn’t look like alcohol is mentioned to me.

I think what they elaborated on (fermentation process) means alcohol in layman's terms. But I'm not sure.
Below are some definitions of fermentation. They range from informal, general usages to more scientific definitions.

Preservation methods for food via microorganisms (general use).
Any process that produces alcoholic beverages or acidic dairy products (general use).
Any large-scale microbial process occurring with or without air (common definition used in industry).
Any energy-releasing metabolic process that takes place only under anaerobic conditions (becoming more scientific).
Any metabolic process that releases energy from a sugar or other organic molecule, does not require oxygen or an electron transport system, and uses an organic molecule as the final electron acceptor (most scientific).
Edited by: "fearona" 7th May
AgentSmith07/05/2020 11:57

I think what they elaborated on (fermentation process) means alcohol in …I think what they elaborated on (fermentation process) means alcohol in layman's terms. But I'm not sure.

In their response they say "the liquid produced from this (fermentation) process is then pasteurised and spray dried to form the rice bran extract powder."
This means that any liquid present, including any alcohol, is evaporated off, leaving just a dry bran powder behind, so there can't be any alcohol left in it (and there may not have been to start with).
Edited by: "Delbert.Grady" 7th May
Delbert.Grady07/05/2020 12:42

In their response they say "the liquid produced from this (fermentation) …In their response they say "the liquid produced from this (fermentation) process is then pasteurised and spray dried to form the rice bran extract powder."This means that any liquid present, including any alcohol, is evaporated off, leaving just a dry bran powder behind, so there can't be any alcohol left in it (and there may not have been to start with).

Thank you.
fearghalg07/05/2020 11:41

You must be seriously bored to firstly read the ingredients list on the …You must be seriously bored to firstly read the ingredients list on the box of a fibre flakes and secondly to write to the company.

you obviously don't understand allergies then. people with allergies to certain foods need to read the ingredients! i have allergies to many things in food so i always read the ingredients of any new product that i buy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions