Richard Branson on Brexit

Found 12th Oct 2017
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Oh dear, Branson as always, using his position to voice what he would like....!

Still he quit Britian or tax reasons so thanks a lot!
23 Comments
Oh dear, Branson as always, using his position to voice what he would like....!

Still he quit Britian or tax reasons so thanks a lot!
Well he is part of that home-in-the-sun generation, like the pro-EU expat protesters in Italy the other week.
Edited by: "drasim" 12th Oct 2017
32240539-yt9uJ.jpg, young people get old and mind decision chemistry matures to more how old people think.
Evidence? Look at what those erstwhile young ones ~1975 did in 2016.
A root cause of Brexit is capitalism, may be Branson is a kinder one of the lot:-

Instead of using money/honey pots generated as a result of the EU advantages to build infrastructure and public services nationally, some folks (using clever passporting means and radicalism) have pocketed the money and built too little too late. E.g. NHS, transport, housing, social services, elderly care services and so on. That's why the elders will never die off and will always vote Brexit, and to use EU and immigration as scapegoat.

One symptom is : the current renters will become old, they have no assets to pay for their own elderly care, they will get a poor service and will become very bittered seeing the next wave of white skins speaking multi-languages and living well. In the mean time the current elderly with assets will die as Branson says and who know how many of their properties are bought by overseas investors (esp. in South East) as wealth management products and buy-to-let?!

Some people just don't get this and think Brexit is due to something else, like age (rather than the direct causes which affect the aged mindset). You need to consider scientifically what the causal outcomes and what are correlations.
Edited by: "splender" 12th Oct 2017
groenleader51 m ago

Oh dear, Branson as always, using his position to voice what he would …Oh dear, Branson as always, using his position to voice what he would like....!Still he quit Britian or tax reasons so thanks a lot!

Just proves he is a "shortened Richard"
OP, after I posted two comments, you are young, you don't get it as yet do you the "ageing" effect? You need to consider how people of different ages behave in "the family unit" and how the dynamics of prejudice work. this country has a culture of relatively higher selfishness against their (elderly) parents. As you get older there is a risk of getting happier and care-free or a risk of getting bitter and twisted; the latter risk is slightly more probable because of the ways the elderly are treated in society. If you don't believe me, go to a care home, or hospital in a multi-cultural area and see which ethnicities are present as visitors and as occupants. How many people give up their seats to the elderly on public transport in the city areas.
Edited by: "splender" 12th Oct 2017
So it's official, Richard Branson has finally turned senile.
splender1 h, 43 m ago

A root cause of Brexit is capitalism, may be Branson is a kinder one of …A root cause of Brexit is capitalism, may be Branson is a kinder one of the lot:-Instead of using money/honey pots generated as a result of the EU advantages to build infrastructure and public services nationally, some folks (using clever passporting means and radicalism) have pocketed the money and built too little too late. E.g. NHS, transport, housing, social services, elderly care services and so on. That's why the elders will never die off and will always vote Brexit, and to use EU and immigration as scapegoat.One symptom is : the current renters will become old, they have no assets to pay for their own elderly care, they will get a poor service and will become very bittered seeing the next wave of white skins speaking multi-languages and living well. In the mean time the current elderly with assets will die as Branson says and who know how many of their properties are bought by overseas investors (esp. in South East) as wealth management products and buy-to-let?!Some people just don't get this and think Brexit is due to something else, like age (rather than the direct causes which affect the aged mindset). You need to consider scientifically what the causal outcomes and what are correlations.

thanks I needed to be cheered up and this was the perfect pill.
.MUFC.51 m ago

he really cares!!!

32241117-uVmbN.jpg
I reckon it will take longer than 5 years, but I take his point.

I have been having a good laugh at the older generation getting all upset their pounds don't buy many euros now when they go on their 5th holiday of the year. Getting all butthurt about it and questioning why.
Are there any up sides to Brexit?
teh.arn21 m ago

Don't you feel 'free' now?
Things can only get better is what I was promised , I look around and hey I feel better.

/Sarc
teh.arn48 m ago

Guess we will see as it aint happened yet. Seems to be a lot of divisive hot air and thunder at the minute with little substance, am sure it will be all right in the end. I aint worried about it.
..again with the misconception that only old people voted out and only young people wanted to stay in. The only people I know who voted in are elderly coffin dodgers.

Someone made a fancy graph and remoaners carved it into stone.
DKLS39 m ago

Guess we will see as it aint happened yet. Seems to be a lot of divisive …Guess we will see as it aint happened yet. Seems to be a lot of divisive hot air and thunder at the minute with little substance, am sure it will be all right in the end. I aint worried about it.

The Gov needs to pull their finger out.
I wonder which polling organisation reckon it's coffin Dodgers who voted out? These would be the same companies who got all the other statistics right.
I love the end of the article on Branson, he has lost millions since we voted out (that hasn't tainted his view then)
It is not the first time he has said this

seems to have slightly missed the point that a new lot of coffin dodgers will be along....
.MUFC.5 h, 28 m ago

I got a Virgin Red mailshot the other day, where it was mentioned that Richie got a new book : How I lost my virginity.

Not kidding!
Josh.Rogan13th Oct 2017

You Gov.: https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/06/27/how-britain-voted/Yes. …You Gov.: https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/06/27/how-britain-voted/Yes. https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/06/28/online-polls-were-right/

So a poll then?
The ballot box counts not guesstimates.
Polls will be deported after Brexit Day
Dark.Energy16 m ago

Polls will be deported after Brexit Day

I'm glad its funny for you
32245533-cuP4F.jpg
It less funny for others of us
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions