Richer Sounds Price Match

Posted 16th Sep 2018
Just rang up RS to price match on a TV was told they couldn’t as it does not have the same warranty as what they were offering. 1 year as opposed to 6. Asked what would they price match and was told in their T & c anything that is 5 years or more. So that really restricts your choice as JL will price match anyone as long as they have a shop locally.

So not really worth hunting for a cheap TV .
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Makes sense though. 6 years v 1 year.

5 extra years cover must have some value attached to it
"JL will price match anyone as long as they have a shop locally" actually that's not strictly true.

First we need to be sure that the product is available through a high street competitor, rather than, for example, an online-only company. You can find out more about what we mean by high street competitors in the 'small print' section.

Our team also needs to be satisfied that the product is the same make, model, size and colour, and comes with the same conditions of sale, delivery times and service conditions we offer. To find out how we compare products and services, please see the 'small print' section.
Wait till I get this right. I want the same product, with a longer warranty, for a price another outlet is selling it for with a shorter warranty. But but but why can’t I get it for the same price, I want more for nothing.....it’s not fair.
Oneday7710 m ago

Wait till I get this right. I want the same product, with a longer …Wait till I get this right. I want the same product, with a longer warranty, for a price another outlet is selling it for with a shorter warranty. But but but why can’t I get it for the same price, I want more for nothing.....it’s not fair.

Yes why not? If it saves you money. Eg JL will match Currys so wouldn’t you buy from them?
John Lewis and Curry’s operate on higher profit margins. Richer has always gone on tiny stores, to maximise turn over per square foot while offering great prices.
When I go price matching, I pick and choose my battles.
Richer are standing by their price match policy, John Lewis might not but they do reserve the right to.
Costco offer 5y warranty but won’t price match and no one will with them in return.

Would I ask JL? yes I would, though I wouldn’t lose my dummy online if they said no.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining just want the best deal if I can get one and wanted users experience when it comes to price match.
sydney87119 m ago

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining just want the best deal if I can ge …Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining just want the best deal if I can get one and wanted users experience when it comes to price match.

The best deal for me may not be the best one for you. If you have a RS or JL close then that may be the best option, it's not all about price.
Edited by: "windym" 16th Sep 2018
John Lewis do use warranty length as part of the price match process. They have for me anyway.
Some manufacturers offer a five year warranty as standard and many sellers offer a five year warranty, so the options are there. Richer Sounds are fantastic when it comes to items failing under warranty etc, so I would go with them every time if I could.
sydney87116/09/2018 15:23

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining just want the best deal if I can ge …Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining just want the best deal if I can get one and wanted users experience when it comes to price match.

Sydney if it’s any consolation I think you have a perfectly good argument and RS is miss selling the price match. I always use the John Lewis price match to get the extra year warranty
Bradders912616th Sep

Sydney if it’s any consolation I think you have a perfectly good argument a …Sydney if it’s any consolation I think you have a perfectly good argument and RS is miss selling the price match. I always use the John Lewis price match to get the extra year warranty

I wouldn't say it's mis-selling. 5 years warranty has a material value and, as people have already said, JL has the same policy (although if you get lucky they may overlook it)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants