Richer Sounds vs. John Lewis 5 year warranty

Found 22nd Jul 2012
I am looking to purchase the new Samsung UE55ES8000 55" 3D LED TV.

It is £2,499.00 in JL, and RS have it for £2299.95 including the 5 year warranty also.

So RS is cheaper including the 5 year warranty. I have phoned JL and asked for a pricematch, having been told I will be contacted tomorrow.

I was wondering where I should buy from considering both are offering a 5 year warranty.

RS have my name on the only TV in stock in my local store, however JL have none in stock at the moment.

My main worry is that if something was to go wrong, that RS would replace it with a TV of lower spec, or something like that.

(Something that kind of put me off RS when I phoned them is that regardless of where you buy this TV and how much for, you can redeem a Samsung Galacy Tablet 2.0, I was quoted the above price for the TV on its own and £2500 if I wanted it with the Tablet. I proceeded to ask why on Earth I'd do that when I can claim it afterwards to which he had no answer...)
Community Updates
5 Comments
Firstly, the Galaxy Tablet 2.0 offer is a promotion offered by Samsung. You would need to claim from Samsung if you purchase one of the promotion models. A retailer should not be charging any more for this than they would for the television on its own.

The warranties offered by JL and RS are really quite equal to be honest. I had a set go faulty after two years with RS and argued that there had been a 'known' fault and after being tested it was verified and I was offered a full refund. Something similar happened with JL with a set I had but over a slightly shorter period and again I was offered a full refund once it had been tested. If they do not have the same model left and a fault is found then both RS and Jl will offer you the same model if in stock, another set with + or - ££'s depending on the value or if you are lucky a refund.
I`d go with jl for customer service
thehitman

Firstly, the Galaxy Tablet 2.0 offer is a promotion offered by Samsung. … Firstly, the Galaxy Tablet 2.0 offer is a promotion offered by Samsung. You would need to claim from Samsung if you purchase one of the promotion models. A retailer should not be charging any more for this than they would for the television on its own.The warranties offered by JL and RS are really quite equal to be honest. I had a set go faulty after two years with RS and argued that there had been a 'known' fault and after being tested it was verified and I was offered a full refund. Something similar happened with JL with a set I had but over a slightly shorter period and again I was offered a full refund once it had been tested. If they do not have the same model left and a fault is found then both RS and Jl will offer you the same model if in stock, another set with + or - ££'s depending on the value or if you are lucky a refund.

Thanks for the reply: much appreciated.

What makes me more inclined to go with JL is that they're much bigger, and also less likely to go under. From your experiences, it seems that there isn't really a difference between the warranties.
I think RS refund the warranty cost if you have not used it after 5 years. Do JL do the same?
donaldduck2

I think RS refund the warranty cost if you have not used it after 5 … I think RS refund the warranty cost if you have not used it after 5 years. Do JL do the same?

They are both offering the 5 year warranty regardless, i.e. it comes with the TV so I will not be paying anything extra whether I go to KL or RS
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants