Ridiculous Amazon shipping dates

Posted 23rd Mar
why are Amazon products showing 1 month for delivery? what's the point in having prime then?
3426954-DKJCP.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Uuuhhh have you heard about

C
O
R
O
N
A

V
I
R
U
S

rsmorbitsound23/03/2020 23:11

Are you missing the point? Prime express delivery isn't what I would deem …Are you missing the point? Prime express delivery isn't what I would deem a month away. I can order from China sooner than that

There is more things to worry about right now than your Amazon prime possibly non essential delivery.

Im sure in the current circumstances Amazon would be happy to lose your custom and refund you your prime membership
rsmorbitsound23/03/2020 23:19

I have. Have you waited 1 month for something you've paid 8 for "free" …I have. Have you waited 1 month for something you've paid 8 for "free" delivery for before?

I've never lived during a pandemic *anything this bad* before
(edited for factual correctness)
Edited by: "jco83" 23rd Mar
40173241-qBGLo.jpg
44 Comments
Boris put them and everyone else on the naughty step
Might be something to do with this virus thing which is on the go and the country going into lock down.

If your happy to wait for my sons x 2 who work in Amazon I might be able to give you a slightly less sarcastic answer.
Whats the point in Amazon remaining open if by the time your parcel arrives you may not still be here
cheekyweegit23/03/2020 23:10

Might be something to do with this virus thing which is on the go and the …Might be something to do with this virus thing which is on the go and the country going into lock down.If your happy to wait for my sons x 2 who work in Amazon I might be able to give you a slightly less sarcastic answer.

Are you missing the point? Prime express delivery isn't what I would deem a month away. I can order from China sooner than that
Exhibit A
40172982-lkNvJ.jpg
They had moved from 5 x 8 hour days to 4 x 10 hour days but who knows now after the announcement tonight.

Are you missing the point? Prime express delivery isn't what I would deem …Are you missing the point? Prime express delivery isn't what I would deem a month away. I can order from China sooner than that

There is more things to worry about right now than your Amazon prime possibly non essential delivery.

Im sure in the current circumstances Amazon would be happy to lose your custom and refund you your prime membership
Uuuhhh have you heard about

C
O
R
O
N
A

V
I
R
U
S

cheekyweegit23/03/2020 23:16

There is more things to worry about right now than your Amazon prime …There is more things to worry about right now than your Amazon prime possibly non essential delivery. Im sure in the current circumstances Amazon would be happy to lose your custom and refund you your prime membership

What they should do is pause charging payments
jco8323/03/2020 23:17

Uuuhhh have you heard about CORONAVIRUS

I have. Have you waited 1 month for something you've paid 8 for "free" delivery for before?
rsmorbitsound23/03/2020 23:19

I have. Have you waited 1 month for something you've paid 8 for "free" …I have. Have you waited 1 month for something you've paid 8 for "free" delivery for before?

I've never lived during a pandemic *anything this bad* before
(edited for factual correctness)
Edited by: "jco83" 23rd Mar
jco8323/03/2020 23:20

I've never lived during a pandemic before

Swine Flu 2009.

I've never lived during a pandemic before

Judging by your username you were born in the 80s. There have been several pandemics since then.
Firefly123/03/2020 23:23

Swine Flu 2009.

i wasn't even aware of that flu! we haven't been affected by anything like this in our lifetime.

Swine Flu 2009.

Oopsie! Well I don't actually remember very much about that one
It can't have caused as much of a fuss as this one is
Stay safe everyone
jco8323/03/2020 23:26

Oopsie! Well I don't actually remember very much about that one …Oopsie! Well I don't actually remember very much about that one It can't have caused as much of a fuss as this one is Stay safe everyone

40173135-0Ws94.jpg
OP, unfortunately nothing is going to be normal for a while now. everything is going wrong so expect the abnormal from now on.
rsmorbitsound23/03/2020 23:25

Judging by your username you were born in the 80s. There have been several …Judging by your username you were born in the 80s. There have been several pandemics since then.

Yes, you are correct. I rather meant anything this bad before. Forgetting other ones as not as severe. Apologies for my original somewhat sarcastic comment. I'm sure Amazon will do something about Prime. Although it does include other services like their media steaming services. So you'll have to ask them Be safe everyone
rsmorbitsound, are you a Londoner (or Southerner) by any chance?
40173241-qBGLo.jpg
I sell on amazon and that is because that particular item is merchant fulfilled, due to business shutting down most amazon sellers have changed there delivery tiles. If you buy through prime it is between 1-3 days
Some items have also rocketed in price. I went to reorder nuggets for our rabbits as were almost out currently £40 upwards when last ordered they were £15 inc delivery so I’ll be looking elsewhere for them.

I've never lived during a pandemic *anything this bad* before (edited for …I've never lived during a pandemic *anything this bad* before (edited for factual correctness)

Swine Flu 2009.

mutley123/03/2020 23:25

i wasn't even aware of that flu! we haven't been affected by anything like …i wasn't even aware of that flu! we haven't been affected by anything like this in our lifetime.

jco8323/03/2020 23:26

Oopsie! Well I don't actually remember very much about that one …Oopsie! Well I don't actually remember very much about that one It can't have caused as much of a fuss as this one is Stay safe everyone

As long as you got the right oinkment you were okay...
rsmorbitsound23/03/2020 23:18

What they should do is pause charging payments

My son has just replied.......

Amazon workers are classified as key workers so subject to the normal work and travel conditions as everyone else who is a key worker including if they feel ill.

Not sure how they would monitor temperatures as they walk approximately 20+ miles a shift so always feel a bit hot.
Edited by: "cheekyweegit" 24th Mar
MrWalle23/03/2020 23:50

Some items have also rocketed in price. I went to reorder nuggets for our …Some items have also rocketed in price. I went to reorder nuggets for our rabbits as were almost out currently £40 upwards when last ordered they were £15 inc delivery so I’ll be looking elsewhere for them.

Just as well our dog medicines and treats have already been dispatched!
Nope. Still showing end of April.
rsmorbitsound23/03/2020 23:13

Exhibit A[Image]

If desperate, order the 60g item at £2 Prime delivered tomorrow and that may tide you over until your ridulous delivery on 3 April.
"why are Amazon products showing 1 month for delivery?"
Did you read the banner amazon.co.uk/Sud…8-5
We are in exceptional circumstances and I'd rather the ill or vulnerable got their personal goods, medical items, food, etc before my un-essential order.

As for my Prime membership, it's a life or death situation for us (even more so for Amazon workers - and they've had a wage increase), I'm fine with that too.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 24th Mar
40173920-1EJVE.jpg
Maybe they don't like you OP, I could get it for tomorrow.

What glass bubble you living in
cwj382024/03/2020 06:40

What glass bubble you living in

It called the glass bubble of selfishness, and is quite clearly prevalent. It's the bubble that has contributed to where we all are now
Edited by: "OllieSt" 24th Mar
I suppose if you have a young baby this could be quite important!
I've heard on the grape vine Boris is planning other work for the Amazon delivery service. We'll just have to wait and see.
I live in the northern power house
40174282-8qzuE.jpg
ashmac24/03/2020 08:14

I live in the northern power house [Image]

As usual Amazon are working to double standards . Yesterday my order for USB cables was on the web page as free delivery by 28th March but on order confirmation email was 28th April even though they were in stock. This morning I did a cheeky order for the same cables plus some Comfort Fabric Conditioner and the confirmation email came through as both delivered by Sunday! Can only assume they class Comfort as an essential item and may as well send my cables while they are at it.
ashmac24/03/2020 08:14

I live in the northern power house [Image]

Obviously OP did not perform the usual due diligence when deciding where to live. Their DD list likely included checking the speed of broadband and speed of cellular signal in a particular area, but didn't include checking the speed of the Amazon delivery service during periods of pandemic. Epic fail.
This has to be a wind up surely?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants