Ridiculous Argos stupid offers strike again. £14.99 Each or on an amazing offer 2 for £29.98.

Found 6th Dec 2017
Ok, so this is NOT a deal but I thought I would post to show how ridiculous Argos offers are at the moment. Wait for it these fire extinguishers are £14.99 each or on an amazing offer of 2 for £29.98. So basically by 2 and pay double, wow that's an amazing offer argos. If only every shop offered me the choice to select 2 and pay for 2.

I informed them a month ago about this and other stupid offers which work out the same price or more!!!!! but they refuse to correct any of their stupid offers.

PS they are ok fire extinguishers by the way but that's not the point.

argos.co.uk/pro…583
Community Updates
26 Comments
32659911-xFj43.jpg
davewave2 m ago

[Image]

Do Argos sell that bra? It's enchanting.
Calm down dear.
Heat added!
Super glue yourself to Head Office main doors I say.
32660119-jD2TS.jpg
Rednirah36 m ago

Calm down dear.

Yeah, Someone call the Fire Brigade!
They aren't at all a competent company, I've had so many mail mix ups with them and every time there was just nothing they could do as it was down to the warehouse which they had no ability to communicate with so i just had to wait a month for something to be delivered incorrectly and then i would be refunded provided the person at the address refuses delivery and sends it back, which fortunately did happen but when I pointed these problems out days before things were dispatched and they were unable to do anything it showed a real lack of caring on the company's part, I just don't shop there now due to their inability to provide basic customer services which other's in their place can (also their delivery free is pretty outrageous compared to other stores that sell the same items, I guess it's good for a washing machine but not for anything under £10)
You must live a very special life if this concerns you so much
I've been in contact with Argos and as a goodwill gesture they're prepared to sell you 3 for £44.97
Felicitous1 h, 14 m ago

They aren't at all a competent company, I've had so many mail mix ups with …They aren't at all a competent company, I've had so many mail mix ups with them and every time there was just nothing they could do as it was down to the warehouse which they had no ability to communicate with so i just had to wait a month for something to be delivered incorrectly and then i would be refunded provided the person at the address refuses delivery and sends it back, which fortunately did happen but when I pointed these problems out days before things were dispatched and they were unable to do anything it showed a real lack of caring on the company's part, I just don't shop there now due to their inability to provide basic customer services which other's in their place can (also their delivery free is pretty outrageous compared to other stores that sell the same items, I guess it's good for a washing machine but not for anything under £10)

And breath
bryanhaines3998 m ago

And breath

Do you need a mint? or you you have another problem with breath? :P I must admit I'm struggling to breathe currently, darn winter colds.
Felicitous45 m ago

Do you need a mint? or you you have another problem with breath? :P I must …Do you need a mint? or you you have another problem with breath? :P I must admit I'm struggling to breathe currently, darn winter colds.

Yes, I meant breathe, I can't blame that on a typo, just lack of attention
32661882-2AkVE.jpg
bryanhaines39952 m ago

Yes, I meant breathe, I can't blame that on a typo, just lack of attention …Yes, I meant breathe, I can't blame that on a typo, just lack of attention

I feel you, I have dyslexia, I always say one thing but type bananas :P I just like to be silly
Felicitous22 m ago

I feel you, I have dyslexia, I always say one thing but type bananas :P I …I feel you, I have dyslexia, I always say one thing but type bananas :P I just like to be silly

I've not been diagnosed with dyslexia but I've often caught myself on the phone writing down a number completely wrong then reading it back correctly, or being unable to find a phrase in an email at work while someone watches but with ease when they're gone, or my mind thinks of 2 suitable words for something and my mouth tries to say both, and generally getting dizzy doing stuff.
bryanhaines39919 m ago

I've not been diagnosed with dyslexia but I've often caught myself on the …I've not been diagnosed with dyslexia but I've often caught myself on the phone writing down a number completely wrong then reading it back correctly, or being unable to find a phrase in an email at work while someone watches but with ease when they're gone, or my mind thinks of 2 suitable words for something and my mouth tries to say both, and generally getting dizzy doing stuff.

numbers would be dyscalclia, dizzyness could be dyspraxia, other stuff sounds like dyslexia though
Complain to trading standards or that other tv programmes
Felicitous24 m ago

numbers would be dyscalclia, dizzyness could be dyspraxia, other stuff …numbers would be dyscalclia, dizzyness could be dyspraxia, other stuff sounds like dyslexia though

I just remember reading about how dyslexia isn't really just to do with words and letters. Had a wee look and this mentions traits and behaviors which include:

Feels dumb; has poor self-esteem; hides or covers up weaknesses with ingenious compensatory strategies; easily frustrated and emotional about school reading or testing.

Talented in art, drama, music, sports, mechanics, story-telling, sales, business, designing, building, or engineering.

Seems to “Zone out” or daydream often; gets lost easily or loses track of time.

Difficulty sustaining attention; seems “hyper” or “daydreamer.”

Learns best through hands-on experience, demonstrations, experimentation, observation, and visual aids.

All of which are true to some extent, some to a great extent. And the list also refers to dizziness, hearing and speech, vision, writing and motor skills, time management, and I almost forgot memory (I'll get my coat). I think I qualify on at least one thing from each category.
bryanhaines39914 m ago

I just remember reading about how dyslexia isn't really just to do with …I just remember reading about how dyslexia isn't really just to do with words and letters. Had a wee look and this mentions traits and behaviors which include:Feels dumb; has poor self-esteem; hides or covers up weaknesses with ingenious compensatory strategies; easily frustrated and emotional about school reading or testing.Talented in art, drama, music, sports, mechanics, story-telling, sales, business, designing, building, or engineering.Seems to “Zone out” or daydream often; gets lost easily or loses track of time.Difficulty sustaining attention; seems “hyper” or “daydreamer.”Learns best through hands-on experience, demonstrations, experimentation, observation, and visual aids.All of which are true to some extent, some to a great extent. And the list also refers to dizziness, hearing and speech, vision, writing and motor skills, time management, and I almost forgot memory (I'll get my coat). I think I qualify on at least one thing from each category.

that sounds a lot more like a list of generalised learning difficulties which are often umbrella termed to just be called dyslexia instead of their own names
Felicitous8 m ago

that sounds a lot more like a list of generalised learning difficulties …that sounds a lot more like a list of generalised learning difficulties which are often umbrella termed to just be called dyslexia instead of their own names

Well they own the domain dyslexia.com

Edit: and are called Davis Dyslexia Association International

I guess it's more a condition that was maybe originally diagnosed via reading problems.
Edited by: "bryanhaines399" 6th Dec 2017
bryanhaines3994 m ago

Well they own the domain dyslexia.com

I'm not familiar with the site, I don't know how acclaimed it is, maybe loom for more acclaimed or medical institutes
Sorry getting off topic a bit. Anyone know how much for 4 extinguishers?
Felicitous37 m ago

I'm not familiar with the site, I don't know how acclaimed it is, maybe …I'm not familiar with the site, I don't know how acclaimed it is, maybe loom for more acclaimed or medical institutes

Yeah, it's not really a matter of being right or wrong, I'm challenged whichever label is appropriate, but from an interest POV :

From British Dyslexia Association :

Dyslexia is really about information processing: dyslexic people may have difficulty processing and remembering information they see and hear. This can affect learning and the acquisition of literacy skills.

That sort of encompasses more than letters and words, but then they do differentiate different related conditions:

Dyslexia is one of a family of Specific Learning Difficulties. It often co-occurs with related conditions, such as dyspraxia, dyscalculia and attention deficit disorder.

Then under the heading . How it feels to be Dyslexic.

They include:

‘I know what I want to say, but I can never find the right words.’

‘In formal situations, although I know what I want to say, I struggle, lose focus and then my mind goes blank and I panic.'

"Sometimes when I am being told what to do, the words I hear get all jumbled up in my mind and I just can’t take in what is being said to me.’

Same mixed message everywhere that's making me unable to pin it down definitively.

I don't generally have so much of a problem with words and letters but on occasion I see a common word and I have to give it careful consideration " is that really a word? It doesn't look like one".

Oh and one of the things listed was a tendency to ramble. I can seldom write a short message and if I'm talking to multiple people I forget what I'm talking about and just start saying random things.

5 extinguishers?
Christ(mas) there's a lot of drivel in this thread.

To get on point - the offer is a link save offer (when bought with...)

So where 2 fire extinguishers isn't a deal, it's just buying them for their price, if you buy it with a carbon monoxide sensor for example... You save £11.50 - maybe cheaper elsewhere though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants