Expired

Ridiculously out of date Baileys

Found 4th Dec 2012
So I bought a bottle of baileys the other week (along with a load of alcohol for a party). Poured the baileys into a jug to have with some ice as you do, but some people said it tasted a bit weird.

I thought they were being funny because it was the biscotti flavour, but it didn't taste quite right to me either when I tried it.

Turns out the best before date was back in August.....which is pretty shocking considering it has a shelf life of a couple years (if I remember correctly) and is a dairy based drink.

Definitely cheeky of Asda to be selling something so old. Shame is that Asda is a fair distance away so will be unlikely to get another bottle in the next few weeks.

Just thought I'd give the heads up to those buying Baileys to have a good check!
Community Updates
  1. Misc
  2. Baileys
16 Comments
Original Poster
whatsThePoint

sounds like you laced the jug with some sort of drug?

Haha, only when I've got celebrities round.
Drunk out of date cider the other day. Did not go down well
aircanman

Drunk out of date cider the other day. Did not go down well

Coming back up again may be a different story entirely.

I did drink a can of out of date stella a few weeks ago (only about a week over the date though)
The sad part is it had been in my fridge since xmas eve as I bought two 4 packs reduced to 88p from Tesco as they each had a can missing (so 88p for 3 cans of wife beater). Very rarely drink and if I do it tends to be spirits.
Original Poster
^

I wish I drank that little!

A bit more off baileys and I will.
sealed baileys keeps fine due to the alcohol content. had a vanilla bottle last year than was 11 months out of date. it was fine but i had to drink it in one sitting as wouldnt trust keeping it once opened.

possibly the issue was the biscotti - certainly with the orange one ive had 3 bottles that all tasted markedly different.
My nan used to keep her Baileys in the fridge, cos it was a dairy product.

What's more, if she didn't finish a bottle in 2 days she'd bin it. Rarely happened though.
[quote=l33t-krew]^

I wish I drank that little!

A bit more off baileys and I will. [/quote
LOL most of the other cans was made into shandys at that too.
Original Poster
miikeyblue

My nan used to keep her Baileys in the fridge, cos it was a dairy … My nan used to keep her Baileys in the fridge, cos it was a dairy product. What's more, if she didn't finish a bottle in 2 days she'd bin it. Rarely happened though.

???

Wish I was near her bins
l33t-krew

???Wish I was near her bins

She's dead now. Thanks for ripping my heart out and trampling on it.
Original Poster
miikeyblue

She's dead now. Thanks for ripping my heart out and trampling on it.

A piece of me just died. No chance of slightly manky baileys.

Sad times.
l33t-krew

A piece of me just died. No chance of slightly manky baileys.Sad times.

Are you mocking my agony?
Original Poster
miikeyblue

Are you mocking my agony?

I use your tears to lubricate myself so that I can focus on the physical gratification that helps temporarily negate the emptiness in my life.
Oh this is good.
l33t-krew

I use your tears to lubricate myself so that I can focus on the physical … I use your tears to lubricate myself so that I can focus on the physical gratification that helps temporarily negate the emptiness in my life.

I can't top this comment.

I'm out.
ring asda and tell them they will replace it and give u £5 extra next time u go in
Original Poster
Thanks miles136, I'll give it a go.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants