Expired

right following my surround sound post -problems HELP!

SuperEd 8
Found 7th Jul 2010
right got optical running from PS3 to surround sound + HDMI to tv
got optical running from tv to surround sound
sky HDMI to HDMI

so two optical cables into th surround sound (only 1 port) so using a splitter.
thing is it doesnt work unless i plug the optical cables in separately
but doesnt work at all PS3 or TV if using the splitter?

anybody help doing my nut in

tv is LGPQ3000
and sony dav-DZ260

would be greatful for help :-) would give REP but can LIKE your post instead LOL

8 Comments

Original Poster SuperEd

dcx_badass

got optical running from tv to surround sound + HDMI to tvThat makes no … got optical running from tv to surround sound + HDMI to tvThat makes no sense.

i deleted that part

When you say splitter is it a Y splitter or an actual switch?

a Y splitter will not work taking two signals to one input, they only work for taking a single source signal to two seperate inputs. (optical anyway)

The only way to do it properly with a single input Surround amp is to use a physical switch like this:

Optical Switch

Original Poster SuperEd

yeh got a y splitter

Has the decoder/amp also got coaxial digital input and does the sky box have coaxial out.

The TV should not be going to decoder..(to simplify)

Ps3 optical out to decoder/amp/ input (however you only have one get a splitter that is selectable) I've got a couple of these http://****.co.uk/3-W…2a2

Anyways setup the splitter to go into the 1 input you have on decoder/amp.... then put ps3 in input one on splitter ....line up selector to input 1 (your ps3 will work)

put sky optical out into input 2 on splitter. Select input 2 to use sky etc.

ITEM 360189288979

edit screwed up . rubbish site (happens when you edit twice it puts back the post to before edit)

Original Poster SuperEd

so this will defo work ? looks cheapest about aswell

yeah, I use it. Its a PITA to keep switching manually but defo the cheapest option.

These things are not built well so don't be heavy handed
Post a comment
@
    Text