Groups
    EXPIRED

Right, the sun's shining, it's a lovely day, no snow seen for days

Can anyone suggest any day-out ideas for a 3 year old? Am toying with going to a local children's farm type place, unless anyone can come up with anything better!

Many thanks in advance.

12 Comments

Where r u from??

We got a few centimetres of snow in the last hour or so

From the blizzard conditions we had in my village yesterday, it's now frozen and like an ice rink out there!! Hope the sun today will melt it!

Original Poster

nessynoo01;4310931

Where r u from??

Sussex.

Trickyjabs;4310987

Sussex.

wooohooo its flat eric in your avi

once again ive had lots of snow

Our local children's farm is closed until March -

My 3 year old gets very upset if we are out in the cold for too long - she manages 20 minute walks just about OK.

If I asked her what she wanted to do - she'd say "Soft Play" ... They might sometimes choose swimming too (I have a 6year old too)

I love visiting Castles - We take the kids but only when the weather is warm - LOL fair weather travellers I guess

Take kid to pub, simple, bag of crisp and a bottle of pop.:whistling:

Just a thought - is there a big Aquarium within nice travelling distance to you?

My 2 like aquariums and it's inside - you can still walk about outside and go for a snack or meal and make a day out of it

Original Poster

scousekop;4311497

LOL, that bought back memories!

scousekop;4311497

I just went back in time 25 yrs!

Hey and its not like we minded either...lol

My three yr old's favourite day out is a long run around the park, complete with time on the swings etc and mcdonalds for afters. I guess I'm cheap....lol

Cinemas- not bad if he's in the mood to sit down and he likes whats on. However we were thrown out of an empty cimema christmas eve by a grumpy security guard due to little man running up and down the aisles! lol
    Theatre- similar to cinemas but a lil more scary. Might keep attention for longer.
    Soft play centre- always a thumbs up
    Park-always goes well
    aquarium- if he is in the mood to look
    farm/zoo- loves the animals but I worry about him being in the cold too long.
    Mcdonalds-always good for a half hour fat-fix.
    Trip to the shops-wears him out at least!
    Castles-gardens-fields- always works out fantastic as he just loves to roam and explore
    science museum-bored his socks off despite the rockets etc

HTH!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…66
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      4. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44

See more discussions