Expired

Rightmove property price history

Found 26th Mar
Property for sale are listed with their original date of being advertised and when it was reduced for properties that are reduced.

Anyone know if it is possible to get the asking price before it was reduced as this is not shown on the website. I would like to know how much the reduction is without having to call the estate agent.
Community Updates
Ask
29 Comments
I think the only way to do this is to save the property and then you can see it with the original price in your saved properties. Obviously you can’t do this now as it’s already been reduced.
Do you know the property address or postcode?
you could try googling the address and see if anything pops up (might have been listed by another agent before)or search on rightmove just using the postcode
nraja6 m ago

I think the only way to do this is to save the property and then you can …I think the only way to do this is to save the property and then you can see it with the original price in your saved properties. Obviously you can’t do this now as it’s already been reduced.

i am looking at properties that have been reduced specifically as there may scope for investment opportunity if the owner is looking to flog his property. however, i would like to see how much he has reduced the price by, as there is little point in me getting excited if he has only reduced the price by a few thousand quid.

so i would only see the property after it has been reduced.
Toptrumpet6 m ago

Do you know the property address or postcode?you could try googling the …Do you know the property address or postcode?you could try googling the address and see if anything pops up (might have been listed by another agent before)or search on rightmove just using the postcode

properties are never listed with their post code on rightmove. i think it is to do with privacy but i may be wrong.
Try Propertybee addon in firefox
mutley14 m ago

properties are never listed with their post code on rightmove. i think it …properties are never listed with their post code on rightmove. i think it is to do with privacy but i may be wrong.

you can go to streetview and get the street and look up the postcode
No, they never show the postcode, just thought you might have recognised the location and then traced the postcode. The only other option is to look at the property details and on the right hand side see how much nearby properties have sold for and use that as a gauge to see if the asking price is attractive or not.
You probably know all this anyway.
Babbabooey7 m ago

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/property-tracker/abgkpdjomdmemeefdefalbeogkmlmand?hl=en-GB

have you used this before yourself? i will add it to chrome. do you know how it works?
murtgurge2 m ago

you can go to streetview and get the street and look up the postcode

i know the street but i don't know the house number. are all post code in the street the same? how do you get a post code for a street?
Toptrumpet4 m ago

No, they never show the postcode, just thought you might have recognised …No, they never show the postcode, just thought you might have recognised the location and then traced the postcode. The only other option is to look at the property details and on the right hand side see how much nearby properties have sold for and use that as a gauge to see if the asking price is attractive or not.You probably know all this anyway.

yeah. i am a property investor, lol

i am looking to gauge how desperate someone is to flog their house as this will give me the negotiation stick or bargain stick that i need
No, not all the street has the same postcode. Just look on royal mail postcode finder for the whole street.
If you really wanted to find out, ring the agent and get the property address and then knock on a neighbours door. They usually have all the info and background.
Praise the Lord for the noseyneighbour!
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 26th Mar
I once sold a large property to a man who owned a flat, his buyer dropped out and he was looking to get an expensive bridging loan unless he found a buyer really quickly. Without him knowing I offered to buy his flat at a much reduced price via the agent. Win/win situation all round.
Have a close look at the photos and see if you think the house is being lived or not. Look for small things like empty kitchen worktops, no pictures on the walls, no towels in the bathroom or toilet rolls on holders etc. Usually empty homes are more amenable to offers
Toptrumpet13 m ago

No, not all the street has the same postcode. Just look on royal mail …No, not all the street has the same postcode. Just look on royal mail postcode finder for the whole street. If you really wanted to find out, ring the agent and get the property address and then knock on a neighbours door. They usually have all the info and background. Praise the Lord for the noseyneighbour!

We have spoken to neighbours before to get the feel for how safe an area is as we buy in areas that are up and coming, hoping to make money from the growth if we wait long enough for the area to improve. However, this is only after the viewing stage. At the moment, I am just speculating, so just looking at properties on rightmove for bargains as i have noticed that properties are getting reduced because of the current property market going south.

I dont live near to the areas that i am interested in so i would only make the journey there if i wanted to view the property, and i would only do this, if i was going to buy it should it look ok from the viewing.
@mutley1 on a side note, now with the increase on stamp duty for landlords, landlord licences and the threat of rent caps etc... it’s getting harder to find investment properties that make a good return. Do you think looking into houses of multiple occupancies might be the way forward? Or are they too much hassle dealing with 6 tenants rather than 1?
Toptrumpet9 m ago

I once sold a large property to a man who owned a flat, his buyer dropped …I once sold a large property to a man who owned a flat, his buyer dropped out and he was looking to get an expensive bridging loan unless he found a buyer really quickly. Without him knowing I offered to buy his flat at a much reduced price via the agent. Win/win situation all round.Have a close look at the photos and see if you think the house is being lived or not. Look for small things like empty kitchen worktops, no pictures on the walls, no towels in the bathroom or toilet rolls on holders etc. Usually empty homes are more amenable to offers

Lol, that is sneaky
astreix39 m ago

Try Propertybee addon in firefox

I really hate the look of firefox but if the chrome add on doesnt work, i will try this one thanks. My husband mentioned he had heard of propertybee before for tracking property prices.
I live on the outskirts of London just within the the M25 north of Dartford Bridge. I haven’t noticed any reduction in prices around here. I think the main reductions are on the 500k plus apartments they’re still building along the Thames corridor towards Canary Wharf because they were aimed at the overseas investor market especially China and Russia, which has faltered. The % drop takes into consideration these high priced properties which gives a false overview of a slump in Southern prices.
Toptrumpet11 m ago

@mutley1 on a side note, now with the increase on stamp duty for …@mutley1 on a side note, now with the increase on stamp duty for landlords, landlord licences and the threat of rent caps etc... it’s getting harder to find investment properties that make a good return. Do you think looking into houses of multiple occupancies might be the way forward? Or are they too much hassle dealing with 6 tenants rather than 1?

Property investment is harder to make money from for sure, but if you know what you are doing there is still scope to make money. I may be wrong but the alternatives of investing your money is poor, so even with the less attractive outlook, property investment still stacks up.

i am on my own now as my husband doesnt want to invest in property any more. He wants to invest in the stock market instead. I already do but i dont want to shove everything in there as it is too risky.

we dont invest in hmo. My husband used to, as he owned large houses in london some years ago that were too big for a family so worked better as hmo. He said it was very hard work so he sold them and bought smaller, more manageable properties.
So where roughly are you looking
Toptrumpet2 m ago

So where roughly are you looking

South west london, north london, surrey
Well they all look like they’re going to have expensive postcodes
Toptrumpet4 m ago

Well they all look like they’re going to have expensive postcodes

There is no point in investing in cheap areas as the profit will be too small in nominal value. Even a big increase in price on a cheap property is still not big enough for me to bother. I am looking at profit of hundreds of thousands when i sell them back out.
I’d suggest looking at large 1 bed flats that need renovating and see if there’s potential to add a 2nd bedroom to add value and probably easier to rent or sell a 2 bed rather than a 1 bedder.
Toptrumpet4 m ago

I’d suggest looking at large 1 bed flats that need renovating and see if t …I’d suggest looking at large 1 bed flats that need renovating and see if there’s potential to add a 2nd bedroom to add value and probably easier to rent a 2 bed rather than a 1 bedder.

If you can add value by increasing the size of the property then you are on to a winner. I dont buy flats, i buy houses. My husband buys flats but i dont like flats. Just one of my eccentricities
I agree with you not investing in lower value areas, you see it all the time on Homes under the Hammer. They buy it at auction, spend too much on it taking 6 months to renovate and then find out they’ve potentially only made 3-5k less selling costs. As it takes the same amount of effort and time to renovate a house, If you can afford it you might as well go big.
Toptrumpet9 m ago

I agree with you not investing in lower value areas, you see it all the …I agree with you not investing in lower value areas, you see it all the time on Homes under the Hammer. They buy it at auction, spend too much on it taking 6 months to renovate and then find out they’ve potentially only made 3-5k less selling costs. As it takes the same amount of effort and time to renovate a house, If you can afford it you might as well go big.

Property investment is risky like any investment, just less risky than others, like the stock market for example. So for me to take the risk, the reward has to be big enough to make me want to risk my money. Owning properties is also hard work, so i would only want to do so if the reward is big enough to justify me putting myself under that sort of pressure and hard work.

i used to watch sara beany program and it was laughable what some investors did to the properties. One lady bought a bath that was too high for the bathroom as the window was in the way. Instead of getting a smaller bath, she moved the window instead. Lol
Toptrumpet45 m ago

Just noticed you got a mention on the misc section ‘Most embarrassing m …Just noticed you got a mention on the misc section ‘Most embarrassing moment’ thread. They’re obviously missing you

if only that were true, no one misses me, not even my dog
Babbabooey2 h, 37 m ago

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/property-tracker/abgkpdjomdmemeefdefalbeogkmlmand?hl=en-GB

brilliant. just added to chrome and works a treat. thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants