Rik Mayall Day Today

Found 7th Mar
Would have been his 60th birthday today.

2905661-WZ2iN.jpg

Wonder if I can finally get through Man Down without bawling yet?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Legend.

33394519.jpg

33394519-h3SDt.jpg

33394519-H1NX4.jpg
Edited by: "Richard_Richard" 7th Mar
33394542-X2tab.jpg
33395249-LInZR.jpg

He is sadly missed
Actually got the pleasure/honour of meeting Rik and Ade many years ago. They came into a pub near the theatre where they were performing Bottom live. Sat with us and had a drink and a chat for a good half hour. Pair of the nicest guys ever, and Rik is sadly missed.
36 Comments
Legend.

33394519.jpg

33394519-h3SDt.jpg

33394519-H1NX4.jpg
Edited by: "Richard_Richard" 7th Mar
33394542-X2tab.jpg
33395249-LInZR.jpg

He is sadly missed
Actually got the pleasure/honour of meeting Rik and Ade many years ago. They came into a pub near the theatre where they were performing Bottom live. Sat with us and had a drink and a chat for a good half hour. Pair of the nicest guys ever, and Rik is sadly missed.
StoneColdJaneAusten1 m ago

Actually got the pleasure/honour of meeting Rik and Ade many years ago. …Actually got the pleasure/honour of meeting Rik and Ade many years ago. They came into a pub near the theatre where they were performing Bottom live. Sat with us and had a drink and a chat for a good half hour. Pair of the nicest guys ever, and Rik is sadly missed.

Blackpool?
Saturn1 m ago

Blackpool?

No, it was in Middlesbrough. They were performing at the town hall.
StoneColdJaneAusten1 m ago

No, it was in Middlesbrough. They were performing at the town hall.

Nice.
If anyone posts on here how they hate Rik Mayall or don`t understand why people think he`s funny do they get automatically banned from HUKD ?

Rewatched Guest House Paradiso recently and still brilliant

Gone way too soon and sadly missed
Special Patrol Group says happy birthday Vivian
Original Poster
Treboeth2 m ago

If anyone posts on here how they hate Rik Mayall or don`t understand why …If anyone posts on here how they hate Rik Mayall or don`t understand why people think he`s funny do they get automatically banned from HUKD ?Rewatched Guest House Paradiso recently and still brilliant Gone way too soon and sadly missed

I think that should be writing into the code of conduct. Can you cross post that to Feedback?
And to Rik also
Awwww no! Loved Rik Mayall!
My all time favourite film when I was little was Drop Dead Fred.
33395587-FYiGW.jpg
Original Poster
chuckiedoll2 m ago

Awwww no! Loved Rik Mayall!My all time favourite film when I was little …Awwww no! Loved Rik Mayall!My all time favourite film when I was little was Drop Dead Fred. [Image]

Alright Snotface?
I thought he was a really funny guy, gone too soon.
Who?
I thought his Kevin Turvey stuff was amongst his best.

If anyone can find the clip of him climbing the street sign, I think he was waiting for bus
deeky6 m ago

I thought his Kevin Turvey stuff was amongst his best.If anyone can find …I thought his Kevin Turvey stuff was amongst his best.If anyone can find the clip of him climbing the street sign, I think he was waiting for bus

Not sure if this is the one, but check from 26mins 33 seconds

Rest In Peace. Greatly Missed

Always remember this scene.

tregs11 m ago

Not sure if this is the one, but check from 26mins 33 seconds[Video]

Oh

I remember it being funnier than that

Maybe you have to watch the entire episode to appreciate it

Or the whole series

Funny how your sense of humour changes (disappears?) as you get older.

(oh, and fanpages - watch your back, you've got competition )
Edited by: "deeky" 7th Mar
Why did the pervert cross the road?

Seeing all these clips reminds how childish and lunatic these two really were.

And every one has made me laugh and look for more
One of the funniest episodes..

StoneColdJaneAusten7th Mar

Actually got the pleasure/honour of meeting Rik and Ade many years ago. …Actually got the pleasure/honour of meeting Rik and Ade many years ago. They came into a pub near the theatre where they were performing Bottom live. Sat with us and had a drink and a chat for a good half hour. Pair of the nicest guys ever, and Rik is sadly missed.

Ade's dad use to be my geography teacher, he was a no nonsense stern man who wore round rimmed glasses at the end of his nose meaning he had to tilt his head to look through them, made his demeanor look even more steren when he did that.
I remember his "SINGLE FILE" commands during each lesson changeover.
was a good guy overall though. RIP Mr Edmondson.
Edited by: "Azztec" 10th Mar
my 12 yr old misses him lots
Actual real life legend, miss him loads =(
I remember when Saturday morning telly was like this

Original Poster
BillySollox29 m ago

I remember when Saturday morning telly was like this[Video]

That's funny and terrifying. They look younger than me there. Feels so wrong!
MSK.41 m ago

That's funny and terrifying. They look younger than me there. Feels so …That's funny and terrifying. They look younger than me there. Feels so wrong!

Rik and Ade were more relaxed on breakfast telly on the other side!

just fast forward to 24 minutes cos the link doesn't work properly
Edited by: "BillySollox" 11th Mar
Original Poster
BillySollox18 m ago

Rik and Ade were more relaxed on breakfast telly on the other side![Video] …Rik and Ade were more relaxed on breakfast telly on the other side![Video] just fast forward to 24 minutes cos the link doesn't work properly

Very relaxed indeed I think I vaguely remember watching that at the time.

*Looks around* I think the big breakfast might have had more influence of my style of interior design than I was consciously aware of
MSK.1 m ago

*Looks around* I think the big breakfast might have had more influence of …*Looks around* I think the big breakfast might have had more influence of my style of interior design than I was consciously aware of

Original Poster
Original Poster
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants