Ring Doorbell

Found 11th Jul 2016
Hi I have just purchased one of them RING doorbells, the one with WIFI and the camera and speaker and mic all in one. does anyone know anything about them? im having problems with it, it doesn't always come through on my phone when someone rings the bell, its very intermittent. I have a Samsung note 4. any help will do please.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Might be down to signal strength on phone. I guess you need good data signal for things to work well so only really good when your connected to wifi
Original Poster
I'm on 4g+ and always have really food reception. iv tried it stood with the bell in my hand with full WiFi connection too. it's a bleeding pain considering how much this thing cost.
I have heard good things about it but never seen one in the wild. Richard Branson invested in the ring doorbell as he was impressed. Guess your not! I'll follow this thread and will be interested to see if you get it sorted. Is there no trouble shooting within the ring phone app?
Original Poster
it's funny because first of all they are located in the US and they supposidly offer lifetime grantee. but I don't know how they do that unless you buy direct off them.
the thing is that I'm on marshmallow update and so is my wife on her HTC m9. hers seems to work better than mine but they emailed me to say that they haven't updated properly to marshmallow yet. sounds like blag to me. if it works at all something must have been done.
your contract is with the retailer not the manufacturer. Did you buy from a retailer in the UK? If so, you should take up your issues with them.
You either
* get your issues sorted by them
* get your money back from them
* fix it yourself summoning as much help as you need
* just forget about it and leave it to gather dust

Original Poster
I actually bought it off ebay but in brand new condition as an ex display item. it was virtually brand new. they cant fix the issue, I want to keep it, I will gather all info needed and not let dust get to it.
happy
The delay is a known issue with the Ring doorbell. I was going to purchase one last week and was put off by this issue as it was mentioned in a thorough review by Techmoan on YouTube. To resolve this issue the doorbell needs to be wired to a mains supply to prevent it going to deep sleep and you need a strong wifi signal to the unit itself.
I'll give you tree fity for it op
Original Poster
EN1GMA

I'll give you tree fity for it op

​Wat pal? wats one of them.
lendu

​Wat pal? wats one of them.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xHi4t2UsuIY9QA/giphy.gif
Original Poster
ChrisKaru

The delay is a known issue with the Ring doorbell. I was going to … The delay is a known issue with the Ring doorbell. I was going to purchase one last week and was put off by this issue as it was mentioned in a thorough review by Techmoan on YouTube. To resolve this issue the doorbell needs to be wired to a mains supply to prevent it going to deep sleep and you need a strong wifi signal to the unit itself.

​honestly wen the bell does work I have no issue with the delay it's littrally like 3 seconds only. this is with the WiFi being at the house next door which we share. the pic quality is brilliant and the voice is pretty impressive too. I think it's the best one on the market so far. they emailed me saying they working on the marshmallow update soon.
Original Poster
john2020md

​yeah still don't get it
Original Poster
update on bell. the glue i bought from hobby craft some strong glue it is. its up and running, i started reading reciews again and thought cr4p but i swear its the best thing i have ever installed. the call from the bell to my phone is awsome works everytime inly has failed me like 2wice probs because of the wifi connection. i leave the motion sensor on at night and it picks up everything and aends me vids of the night.

bottom line its awsome
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants