"Ring Doorbell" Pro working fine with low supply voltage?

Posted 1st Dec
I am having ring doorbell 2 since some years.

Last week, I've bought "Ring Doorbell Pro" and found out that it needs 18V to 24V adapter. But when I connected it with my existing wiring of 12V adapter, "Ring Doorbell Pro" is working fine with this low voltage.

Is this OK to use 12V with this "Ring Doorbell Pro"?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
If it works fine it’ll be ok, I’m interested as I fancy the pro and have a 12v supply too
Does the pro not come with its own transformer anymore?

on another note I’d always use the correct supply voltage, the ring pro has a terrible design whereby it has an internal non replaceable battery that when it dies so does the doorbell. Best to keep it supplied properly to extend its life.
Dannyrobbo01/12/2019 23:07

Does the pro not come with its own transformer anymore?on another note I’d …Does the pro not come with its own transformer anymore?on another note I’d always use the correct supply voltage, the ring pro has a terrible design whereby it has an internal non replaceable battery that when it dies so does the doorbell. Best to keep it supplied properly to extend its life.

Yes, Pro came with transformer but it's a headache to set a power supply with it also to keep it in the fuse-box or even outside for safety reasons.
I thinks so best option is to buy original 24V adapter (£25) which is expensive.
I will see, how long will it work otherwise will buy the adapter.
i did a quick google and it says 24 V ac , is your 12 volt supply dc or ac
lumsdot02/12/2019 08:04

i did a quick google and it says 24 V ac , is your 12 volt supply dc or ac

12 Volt AC adapter.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants