Ring Plug-In Adapter (2nd generation) £20 delivered (UK Mainland) Dispatched from and sold by Amazon EU Sarl @ Amazon

Posted 8th Jul 2021
Like many on here, I bought the ring wired doorbell on prime day and was disappointed when the plug in adapter was out of stock and showing 7-9 weeks for delivery. It's now in stock

Whilst not a deal as such as it's not discounted, I wanted to bring to people's attention

There are lots of alternative adapters but they all have mixed reviews. This one seems the best

amazon.co.uk/dp/…OLE
Community Updates
New Comment

36 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    shakerstevens10/07/2021 00:05

thats got a jack plug. no use for this door bell which uses two seperate …thats got a jack plug. no use for this door bell which uses two seperate wires.possible that you could cut off the jack plug I guess and strip the two wires apart, don't think I will take the risk myself

I'm an electrician by trade and that's exactly what I did and it's works perfectly exactly as the ring equivalent product.
    urbanbushwacker08/07/2021 22:07

Is this not the sort of thing that you would look for and find on …Is this not the sort of thing that you would look for and find on lovehoney???

No.

Next!
    Author
    haggisheid08/07/2021 22:39

Didn't realise this was a deal, thought this was the normal price as I …Didn't realise this was a deal, thought this was the normal price as I paid this when I bought the ring doorbell two weeks ago

Not a deal as I say in the blurb. It's more to alert all those who bought the doorbell but couldn't get the adapter given it was 7-9 weeks for delivery
    Author
    MRGRINGO08/07/2021 22:17

Can anyone reccomend an alternative? Cheers.

I've read loads of reviews about alternatives and all seem to have issues of either poor quality wires or a buzzing noise at the adapter end. And they are only a few pounds cheaper

So I thought safer to wait for the 'official' one to come back in stock and pay the extra £3 or £5 to avoid buzzing driving me mad
    bicboideals08/07/2021 23:33

Can someone please advise I got the deal with the wired doorbell and echo …Can someone please advise I got the deal with the wired doorbell and echo 8 ! Would this be the right adapter as I can't do the wiring any other way! Funng this came.up was looking for this (I think)

Yep, this is the right one. Just used it with my Ring Wired. App shows doorbell "health" as good etc.
    Didn't realise this was a deal, thought this was the normal price as I paid this when I bought the ring doorbell two weeks ago
    Author
    DAMNOME08/07/2021 22:56

It's always been available on the ring website.

Ah so on that basis it is a deal, because ring charge £5 for delivery and this will be free with prime
    Same price on ring.com
    If anyone is feeling brave, or if you need a much longer lead for an outdoor siren, you could make your own.

Many DC adapters will work - as long as they can provide at least 12Watts, at between 9 and 28 Volts. I have loads of old adapters, and several of them meet the spec.

Just buys some wire (22 to 16AWG), and attach to the adapter with some connection blocks (and obviously make sure it is well sealed/insulated). It's working perfectly for me!

I'm not an electrician though, so bare that in mind. (edited)
    Chet09/07/2021 22:47

Anyone got issues with 2 way audio using an echo show? Can't seem to …Anyone got issues with 2 way audio using an echo show? Can't seem to answer the door from the echo albeit the picture shows, can hear the person who pressed the doorbell but can't talk back. Tried 'answer the door' command and 'talk to the door'. No joyAny thoughts?

“Show me the front door” will show the door but with a muted microphone and ‘talk to front door” will show you the door with an unmuted microphone. That should be it.
    Author
    shakerstevens10/07/2021 00:09

voted hot, like you I saw a few days ago it was 8 week delivery time, then …voted hot, like you I saw a few days ago it was 8 week delivery time, then started to look at alternatives not much cheaper and not worth the risk of it not working so I'm glad the official one is availalbe again.

Thanks, the biggest issue for me about alternatives was many many reviews about a loud buzzing noise. Saving £5 but having to put up with that would have been awful, glad I waited and got lucky with the official one coming back in stock
    MRGRINGO08/07/2021 22:52

Cheers. I've bought the ring alarm system so I was thinking about getting …Cheers. I've bought the ring alarm system so I was thinking about getting this for the external siren.

Hi, did you go for this for your siren?

I have just got the alarm system and I am a bit annoyed that they don't supply a power supply for the siren. Just wondering if this is the only/best option for the siren. Cheers.
    MRGRINGO19/11/2021 16:46

Hi. I still haven't bought a power supply yet. Still using the batteries …Hi. I still haven't bought a power supply yet. Still using the batteries that came either it. I think they do a rechargeable battery for this but always sold out? I was looking at rechargeable with a solar charger to keep it topped up but too busy to look any further at it.

Ah right, no worries. I will just install it with the batteries for the time being as it says there is a big delay for delivery. I have a wall socket easily accessible on other side of wall where it is going so straightforward for me to have it plugged in permanently, just a shame you cant do it out the box. Cheers for the reply.
    Is this not the sort of thing that you would look for and find on lovehoney???
    Can anyone reccomend an alternative? Cheers.
    Chet08/07/2021 22:48

I've read loads of reviews about alternatives and all seem to have issues …I've read loads of reviews about alternatives and all seem to have issues of either poor quality wires or a buzzing noise at the adapter end. And they are only a few pounds cheaperSo I thought safer to wait for the 'official' one to come back in stock and pay the extra £3 or £5 to avoid buzzing driving me mad

Cheers. I've bought the ring alarm system so I was thinking about getting this for the external siren.
    Chet08/07/2021 22:46

Not a deal as I say in the blurb. It's more to alert all those who bought …Not a deal as I say in the blurb. It's more to alert all those who bought the doorbell but couldn't get the adapter given it was 7-9 weeks for delivery

Had this for a Month or so....working fine no problems, cable is about 6m too
    Can someone please advise I got the deal with the wired doorbell and echo 8 ! Would this be the right adapter as I can't do the wiring any other way!
    Funng this came.up was looking for this (I think)
    FWIW this should also work with the Nest Doorbell as well.
    I bought the gen 1 for £15 which was in stock during prime day
    How do you tell between the positive and negative wires....wiring up an external siren. Thanks for your help
    Author
    a1gav09/07/2021 09:13

https://cpc.farnell.com/powerpax/sw4366/ac-dc-power-supply-24v-500ma-2/dp/PW02775

Isn't that a normal plug? How can you use it to wire a doorbell?
    DAMNOME08/07/2021 22:56

It actually wasn't.
    Otherwise i would have bought one. The Ring site directed you to Amazon, which had no stock.

I bought the Ring Pro AC adaptor from Amazon instead. It did actually work, but buzzed like mad. I started a return but kept using it.
    I then ordered this one although out of stock. I hoped it would arrive before my return window expired.

I just received the above adaptor today. It is now fitted and working (silently!)

The other Ring Pro adaptor is on it's way back to Amazon tomorrow.
    fulabeer09/07/2021 18:50

Yep, this is the right one. Just used it with my Ring Wired. App shows …Yep, this is the right one. Just used it with my Ring Wired. App shows doorbell "health" as good etc.

Cheers just ordered been waiting for the alarm and bell for over a month
    fulabeer09/07/2021 18:44

It actually wasn't. Otherwise i would have bought one. The Ring site …It actually wasn't. Otherwise i would have bought one. The Ring site directed you to Amazon, which had no stock.I bought the Ring Pro AC adaptor from Amazon instead. It did actually work, but buzzed like mad. I started a return but kept using it.I then ordered this one although out of stock. I hoped it would arrive before my return window expired.I just received the above adaptor today. It is now fitted and working (silently!)The other Ring Pro adaptor is on it's way back to Amazon tomorrow.

Strange, I ordered one from ring because amazon were out of stock soon after the prime deal for the wired doorbell, and it came next day, I ordered another on Monday when I found out a college was waiting on amazon's 9 week delivery, it was delivered Tuesday..
    Then amazon had them back in stock
    DAMNOME09/07/2021 20:25

Strange, I ordered one from ring because amazon were out of stock soon …Strange, I ordered one from ring because amazon were out of stock soon after the prime deal for the wired doorbell, and it came next day, I ordered another on Monday when I found out a college was waiting on amazon's 9 week delivery, it was delivered Tuesday..Then amazon had them back in stock

Maybe a few came back in stock during each day etc.
    Author
    Anyone got issues with 2 way audio using an echo show? Can't seem to answer the door from the echo albeit the picture shows, can hear the person who pressed the doorbell but can't talk back. Tried 'answer the door' command and 'talk to the door'. No joy

Any thoughts?
    SSB801709/07/2021 07:40

Same price on ring.com

£5 delivery with them though but free on Amazon if you have prime
    a1gav09/07/2021 09:13

https://cpc.farnell.com/powerpax/sw4366/ac-dc-power-supply-24v-500ma-2/dp/PW02775

thats got a jack plug. no use for this door bell which uses two seperate wires.

possible that you could cut off the jack plug I guess and strip the two wires apart, don't think I will take the risk myself
    voted hot, like you I saw a few days ago it was 8 week delivery time, then started to look at alternatives not much cheaper and not worth the risk of it not working so I'm glad the official one is availalbe again.
    Author
    jaypr10/07/2021 00:01

“Show me the front door” will show the door but with a muted microphone and …“Show me the front door” will show the door but with a muted microphone and ‘talk to front door” will show you the door with an unmuted microphone. That should be it.

Ah great I'll try that. Thanks
    Chet09/07/2021 10:09

Isn't that a normal plug? How can you use it to wire a doorbell?

You just cut the jack plug off and strip the cables to terminate to the ring doorbell and it works exactly like the ring equivalent power supply. Ps. I am an electrician by trade but appreciate this may be outside of some people's comfort zone.
    Rusty8219/11/2021 16:33

Hi, did you go for this for your siren?I have just got the alarm system …Hi, did you go for this for your siren?I have just got the alarm system and I am a bit annoyed that they don't supply a power supply for the siren. Just wondering if this is the only/best option for the siren. Cheers.

Hi. I still haven't bought a power supply yet. Still using the batteries that came either it. I think they do a rechargeable battery for this but always sold out? I was looking at rechargeable with a solar charger to keep it topped up but too busy to look any further at it.
's avatar
Top Merchants