Found 9th Aug 2009
my 4yr old has kindly got a ring stuck on his finger i can twist it round but apart from that the ring isnt going anywhere, does anyone have any tips for me i tried the butter one last night but it wont budge past his knuckle i know i will have to get it cut off but would ideally like to avoid that many thanks in advance

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
32 Comments

fairy liquid - lots of it ait until there is less swelling, when you put the fairy on try and get it under the ring, dong tug, slowly pull to knuckle then turn back and forth

Cool the finger down, the hotter it gets the more it swell making it harder to get the ring off

Washing up liquid will probably be easier to coat the ring with than butter

have u tried ice on his finger as it may have got a bit swollen then put some hand cream on and move up the finger while twisting it.
its what i have to do when i try a ring on wrong finger lol

Original Poster

thanks to all above rep left x

i will be trying all tips

I've never got my finger stuck in a ring.

my child did the same and i used vaseline, good luck

thesaint;5971814

I've never got my finger stuck in a ring.

goatse hey?

yeah savlon works good too if you have any of that?

Banned

lol ur kid sounds like a right character!!

Original Poster

bykergrove;5971838

lol ur kid sounds like a right character!!

thats one word for it, the best thing is we thought we had lost the ring but when i phoned up the swimming baths they had found it yippee i thought then he goes and gets its bloody stuck on the wrong finger lol

Banned

By winding a piece of string from ring towards end of finger .1/2 TO 1":
Then slowly unwind string (from the ring end first)move ring off at same time. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Leave the ring and child alone until it's asleep, then yank it off

RUDOLF;5971949

By winding a piece of string from ring towards end of finger .1/2 TO … By winding a piece of string from ring towards end of finger .1/2 TO 1":Then slowly unwind string (from the ring end first)move ring off at same time. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I wouldn't do this, just the thought of wrappig string around a kids finger, its something you're meant to discourage them from doing!

Like others have said, I would cool it down. Stick his hand in the freezer for 10 minutes then try taking it off. I hope you get it off safely

devilsknight688;5972012

I wouldn't do this, just the thought of wrappig string around a kids … I wouldn't do this, just the thought of wrappig string around a kids finger, its something you're meant to discourage them from doing!Like others have said, I would cool it down. Stick his hand in the freezer for 10 minutes then try taking it off. I hope you get it off safely

then give him some ice cream :thumbsup:

Ky Jelly or similar lubricant. Suppose the more you pull etc it migth get swollen up,so maybe leave it and try in a couple days,then if no luck,then get it cut off.

"does anyone have any tips for me i tried the butter one last night but it wont budge past his knuckle i know i will have to get it cut off but would ideally like to avoid that many thanks in advance"

Seems a bit harsh to chop the poor kids finger off! :-D

Banned

devilsknight688;5972012

I wouldn't do this, just the thought of wrappig string around a kids … I wouldn't do this, just the thought of wrappig string around a kids finger, its something you're meant to discourage them from doing!Like others have said, I would cool it down. Stick his hand in the freezer for 10 minutes then try taking it off. I hope you get it off safely

This is a standard Fire Service or hospital starting point.
As if sticking a hand in the freezer for 10 mins and causing freezer burns is a more responsible thing to do,:oops:

amputation :?

loll

I ran my finger under cold tap to cool it down, as it swells when hot. The added washing up liquid to the area and slowly did a rocking motion with the ring, twisting it slowly.Then back under the tap, cold water..repeat etc..

This actually happened to me 4 days ago when trying on my OH mums wedding ring!

nikkib123;5972158

The ring NOT the finger!

Yeh I meant the ring,I'm not sure if a minor A&E would do it or if you could pop to local fire station and they take this kind of thing off.

RUDOLF;5972355

This is a standard Fire Service or hospital starting point.As if sticking … This is a standard Fire Service or hospital starting point.As if sticking a hand in the freezer for 10 mins and causing freezer burns is a more responsible thing to do,:oops:

Holding a pack of frozen peas might be a better option. This way the ice cream in the freezer will stay frozen and ready to use as a treat. Hope drama does not last too long

Sloth/Mod

One of my boys got his hand stuck in a toy at nursery the other day.............they tried all sorts to get it off and it wouldn't budge. So they came to the conclusion to ring a ambulance (Standard nursery procedure) and hey ho..............the toy came off. :lol:

Syzable;5975018

One of my boys got his hand stuck in a toy at nursery the other … One of my boys got his hand stuck in a toy at nursery the other day.............they tried all sorts to get it off and it wouldn't budge. So they came to the conclusion to ring a ambulance (Standard nursery procedure) and hey ho..............the toy came off. :lol:

lol, always the way, glad it ended well though

:-D

The string will work evert time. My husband is a funeral director and uses this technique all the time to help remove rings from deceased. Also it worked on me last year when my fingers swelled & couldnt get it off tried all sorts but the string defo did the trick. Doesnt hurt either!!! Thread the string uunder the ring and hold the 2 ends then spin the sring around the finger and gently esing the ring along the finger as it goes. Persvere it does work.

Ellen23;5975049

The string will work evert time. My husband is a funeral director and … The string will work evert time. My husband is a funeral director and uses this technique all the time to help remove rings from deceased. Also it worked on me last year when my fingers swelled & couldnt get it off tried all sorts but the string defo did the trick. Doesnt hurt either!!! Thread the string uunder the ring and hold the 2 ends then spin the sring around the finger and gently esing the ring along the finger as it goes. Persvere it does work.

The dead dont feel any pain though

Banned

Ellen23;5975049

The string will work evert time. My husband is a funeral director and … The string will work evert time. My husband is a funeral director and uses this technique all the time to help remove rings from deceased. Also it worked on me last year when my fingers swelled & couldnt get it off tried all sorts but the string defo did the trick. Doesnt hurt either!!! Thread the string uunder the ring and hold the 2 ends then spin the sring around the finger and gently esing the ring along the finger as it goes. Persvere it does work.

Why would he want to remove rings from the owner (i know they wont feel it when dead - but it's their property so why not leave it on , or is it a requirement ?

Try baby lotion to get off works a treat :thumbsup:

WoolyM;5975233

The dead dont feel any pain though

Has used this technique also on me and it didnt hurt!!!

GMN360;5975303

Why would he want to remove rings from the owner (i know they wont feel … Why would he want to remove rings from the owner (i know they wont feel it when dead - but it's their property so why not leave it on , or is it a requirement ?Try baby lotion to get off works a treat :thumbsup:

It is only if the familys have requested the rings to be removed from the deceased.

Original Poster

nikkib123;5974125

Any joy yet Keli?????

the ring has been removed thank you guys for all your help hand in bowl of cold water loads of washing up liquid and one moody child but got their in the end :w00t:

yeah! woo

nikkib123;5975530

Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks goodness for that ha ha :-D

+1

keli;5975488

the ring has been removed thank you guys for all your help hand in bowl … the ring has been removed thank you guys for all your help hand in bowl of cold water loads of washing up liquid and one moody child but got their in the end :w00t:

Won't do that again hopefully,good the ring intact too,save a repair too down jewellers for it be rejoined.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47386
    2. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201755
    3. Win free gin for a year88
    4. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44

See more discussions