Ring Video Doorbell 2 - Solar Charger

Posted 11th Dec 2019
Has anyone tested the Ring Doorbell 2 Solar Charger? Any good?

Also anywhere I can get this cheaper than £49.99?

en-uk.ring.com/pro…037
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Yes, been using 1 for awhile now.
Absolutely brilliant during the summer months, but I find I still have to charge the ring maybe once during the winter. My front door points east, so doesn’t get much sunlight in the winter months, but if it were to be south facing, it may work better during winter.
Just had a look at it online, man that's an awful waste of product design!

Naff novelty value
It’s not even on amazon only ring
The above is not what i've seen, but actually something else.

As the OP didn't hook up a link I searched & found a "bumper" that sits around the unit with TINY solar strips top bottom left & right ..it was silly money as is that 3 pound piece of tat (but at least its got a larger surface area & is adjustable).
Mr_Gus12/12/2019 11:16

The above is not what i've seen, but actually something else.As the OP …The above is not what i've seen, but actually something else.As the OP didn't hook up a link I searched & found a "bumper" that sits around the unit with TINY solar strips top bottom left & right ..it was silly money as is that 3 pound piece of tat (but at least its got a larger surface area & is adjustable).

Linked here and in description:

en-uk.ring.com/pro…037
bahad12/12/2019 11:31

Linked here and in …Linked here and in description:en-uk.ring.com/products/solar-charger-for-ring-video-doorbell-2?variant=19484478931037

Ok, you did, sorry, must have been thinking of another thread from yesterday!?
Both are hideously overpriced.
Especially if its apretty standard wired in connection for the bigger panel.

Location & solar material type plus panel size plus battery storage (hopefully several 18650 batts) height & shading, short cable run (losses) all affect the efficiency of charge uptake.

both those are overpriced pish if we consider what y typically get in terms of panel size from a typical wall hung pir solar light from one of the better amazon sellers for about £12.99
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 12th Dec 2019
I tried the wasserstein solar panel and it did not charge the ring 2. As it takes a standard door bell connection can I connect a 12v 10w panel to charge it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions