RIP Ennio Morricone 1928-2020

Posted 6th Jul
Was never keen on spaghetti but did enjoy the Westerns
bbc.co.uk/new…397

Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
They don’t do westerns like that any more they were the best with his music
The soundtrack for The Mission is a lovely listen. Never even seen the film but the soundtrack is great!
One of my favourites.

Pecoleye06/07/2020 21:03

The soundtrack for The Mission is a lovely listen. Never even seen the …The soundtrack for The Mission is a lovely listen. Never even seen the film but the soundtrack is great!

Gabriel's Oboe. One of few films I've cried to, the end is very moving and sad, and you start to well up. Once this music starts I've got no chance of holding it back.
Ecstasy of gold is great, the scene with Eli Wallach running round the cemetery is a cinematic masterpiece. The music just builds the desperation of him finding Archie's grave. Brilliant.
he did the score for over 500 films, what a legend.

Cheers for the link above but you really have to watch it in the film to appreciate the effect it added to the scene.

Don't get me wrong, Eli's acting in this scene and the cameraman's filming all made this great, even down to the way he runs .

Sorry but I just love this film.
Edited by: "headworx" 7th Jul
headworx06/07/2020 23:24

Ecstasy of gold is great, the scene with Eli Wallach running round the …Ecstasy of gold is great, the scene with Eli Wallach running round the cemetery is a cinematic masterpiece. The music just builds the desperation of him finding Archie's grave. Brilliant.he did the score for over 500 films, what a legend.Cheers for the link above but you really have to watch it in the film to appreciate the effect it added to the scene.[Video] Don't get me wrong, Eli's acting in this scene and the cameraman's filming all made this great, even down to the way he runs .Sorry but I just love this film.

Great post. I'd only be insulting it if I tried to add to it
Untouchables
Pecoleye06/07/2020 21:03

The soundtrack for The Mission is a lovely listen. Never even seen the …The soundtrack for The Mission is a lovely listen. Never even seen the film but the soundtrack is great!

Film is equally as good as the soundtrack.
Rip Ennio...

I always felt that he didn't get the recognition that he deserved, yes he won an oscar for the hateful eight (amazing soundtrack, especially the opening with the carriage ride) but he didn't receive as much of an opportunity to compose for hollywood movies.
Paid £28 for this when it came out, one of the few CD's I kept when backing them up to the PC
41324805-AnwQ4.jpgStill gets a listen to on my Goggle Play music.
What they said ^

41326499-kUSsM.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants