Groups

RIP Frank Sidebottom (Chris Sievey)

mod
    "Chris Sievey, who has died at the age of 54, was the man behind comedy cult icon Frank Sidebottom.

The papier-macheaded Frank hit the heights of fame during the 'Madchester' music period.

Instantly recognisable, his keyboard ditties and larger-than-life personality were a hit on the late 80s comedy circuit."

16 Comments

Original Poster mod

Full story ]HERE
    http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/48135000/jpg/_48135980_portrait-franksidebottom23_big-1.jpg
    Cheers Frank for all the laughs dude

:cry: R.I.P. and thanks for the memories.

the man was a legend, r i p dude

Banned

Never found him funny myself.

comedy genius ...

was only in the news a couple of weeks or so ago on a comeback or something ??

r.i.p. frank
    blue moon

Didnt understand him to be honest but RIP nevertheless
    (unless he died of drug abuse)

Banned

arcangel111;8887850

comedy genius ... was only in the news a couple of weeks or so ago … comedy genius ... was only in the news a couple of weeks or so ago on a comeback or something ??

There was a rumour he was replacing Christine Bleakley on The One Show.

Original Poster mod

skusey;8887873

Didnt understand him to be honest but RIP nevertheless(unless he died of … Didnt understand him to be honest but RIP nevertheless(unless he died of drug abuse)

Cancer Skusey

He announced in May that he had been diagnosed with cancer and had been … He announced in May that he had been diagnosed with cancer and had been doing shows to raise money for his treatment.His last public appearance came on the opening day of the 2010 World Cup, when he staged a show at The Salutation pub in Manchester city centre to launch his World Cup single, Three Shirts On My Line.

andywedge;8888075

Cancer Skusey

RIp then:thumbsup:

master_chief;8887834

Ditto - RIP though

Saw him in Leeds 20 years ago, amazingly funny. Was going to see him again this year when I found out he was touring again. Shame.

I hope Little Frank is ok though.

RIP Frank.

Banned

legend! r.i.p

God Bless mate - he was a legend

master_chief;8887834

Me either.

Banned

Another nice Manchester man has died :-(

R.I.P. Chris
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1832
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767463
      4. One thing you've forgotten56

See more discussions