Groups

RIP Kodi

With TVAddons gone does this mean the end to Kodi?

Top comments

Why would it? Kodi was around for 10 years before this latest piracy fad, if anything it's good for Kodi, shut down all the crappy add-ons and it takes the heat off them and the rest of us can use it as intended.
    24 Comments

No, we've seen this before we addons go down because of law suits, but someone else will resurrect them. Remember when they came down on torrents, but people still download. If Netflix wasn't region specific I reckon more people would pay for streaming legally. The UK Netflix compared to us Netflix is crazy different. There are always alternatives to kodi though, terrarium tv, showbox etc.

I think the end was telling everyone. Mine now works great, will I advertise what I've got? No. am I selfish yes

If forum talk found through tor/onion is anything to go by they are working on something else.. pinch of salt until something happens..

despite TV addons is down it doesnt stop you having a look at youtube, uk turks, exodus & others can be found elsewhere

tipsy1973

despite TV addons is down it doesnt stop you having a look at youtube, uk … despite TV addons is down it doesnt stop you having a look at youtube, uk turks, exodus & others can be found elsewhere

Don't post the names of the add-ons!! You want them to go down next?

Please edit, it's fight club rules moving forward.

Why would it? Kodi was around for 10 years before this latest piracy fad, if anything it's good for Kodi, shut down all the crappy add-ons and it takes the heat off them and the rest of us can use it as intended.

Kodi will be fine. Hopefully rip to the "fully loaded" chancers on ebay.

umirza85

Don't post the names of the add-ons!! You want them to go down next? … Don't post the names of the add-ons!! You want them to go down next? Please edit, it's fight club rules moving forward.

Oh please...

People like you always seem to think that you are the only people that know how to use things, if you know, hundreds of thousands know, all that he mentioned can be found easily with a google search and it really isn't a secret.

Like all piracy the easy it gets the more it gets targeted by the authorities.

You have to accept that to keep getting the illegal content you have to keep up to date with the changes...

no such thing as a free lunch...

Even if kodi was hammered, it would just make way for the next generation, possibly something even harder to track.

There are alternatives to Kodi, even forks of Kodi. I have all movies and boxsets working fine and all sky/virgin channels etc as well as 3pm kick offs for £4pm. To be fair since these things have started to get shut down and the media propaganda against it, my experience is a hell of a lot better. There are alternatives out there, Google is your friend.

joanddan7

Oh please... People like you always seem to think that you are the only … Oh please... People like you always seem to think that you are the only people that know how to use things, if you know, hundreds of thousands know, all that he mentioned can be found easily with a google search and it really isn't a secret.Like all piracy the easy it gets the more it gets targeted by the authorities.You have to accept that to keep getting the illegal content you have to keep up to date with the changes...no such thing as a free lunch...

Hundreds & thousands and me now. Thanks for letting me know this, i just googled it.
    I just hope this doesn't spoil things for the rest of you lot.

OldEnglish

Hundreds & thousands and me now. Thanks for letting me know this, i just … Hundreds & thousands and me now. Thanks for letting me know this, i just googled it.I just hope this doesn't spoil things for the rest of you lot.

The Xbox Media centre (XBMC) or even before that the XBMP has been around so long... (which is Kodi basically) that it wont be going anywhere... even if these Secret Santas seemed to think they are "In the know".... unless they have been using in since 2002 quite frankly they are the ones that ruined it for us early adopters...

Hopefully!

These fully loaded boxes need to be eliminated.

Total waste of time as well when the few friends have brought them have nothing but issues.

Me - I pay for content from other sources and haven't had a single issue.

With TVAddons gone does this mean the end to Kodi?

No
    Edited by: "julieallen" 15th Jun

Arsenal123420 m ago

Hopefully!These fully loaded boxes need to be eliminated. Total waste of …Hopefully!These fully loaded boxes need to be eliminated. Total waste of time as well when the few friends have brought them have nothing but issues.Me - I pay for content from other sources and haven't had a single issue.

Why would you hope a media centre that has been around years would disappear because some pirates are using it as a platform?

Only use it to catalogue my film library anyhow; which it does brilliantly

The idea of this post is to set the record straight on reports from Torrent Freak and Cordcutters News who have claimed that the TVAddons website being offline is related to any legal action. Currently, you’ll see TVAddons down if you try to access theirwebsite. A few sites have claimed that their domain may be seized or taken offline due to legal trouble, but this is not true. If you access their repository source at fusion.tvaddons.ag, you’ll see that it is still online and available. This proves that the entire domain has not been seized.
    took this from a website that says it's not down and updating their security and privacy, for anyone wondering.
    my gut instinct, it won't be around for much longer. they'll get to these one by one.

julieallen

Why would you hope a media centre that has been around years would … Why would you hope a media centre that has been around years would disappear because some pirates are using it as a platform?

Woops I meant the fully loaded builds to go away not Kodi itself.

Mines still working...

I was about to start a thread about it... my brother keeps telling me to get a kodi but I want to make sure it's legal.... he doesn't really know himself.

Something else will take it's place.

FloraNordin24 m ago

I was about to start a thread about it... my brother keeps telling me to …I was about to start a thread about it... my brother keeps telling me to get a kodi but I want to make sure it's legal.... he doesn't really know himself.

Kodi is 100% completely legal, it's open source and the Kodi foundation work with Google and Microsoft. You'll never have an issue using it.

What isn't legal are all the sketchy add-ons which you can install via 3rd party websites and give access to copyrighted material.

joanddan7

The Xbox Media centre (XBMC) or even before that the XBMP has been around … The Xbox Media centre (XBMC) or even before that the XBMP has been around so long... (which is Kodi basically) that it wont be going anywhere... even if these Secret Santas seemed to think they are "In the know".... unless they have been using in since 2002 quite frankly they are the ones that ruined it for us early adopters...

I've got an original Xbox, you don't happen to have a copy of Splinter Cell do you, i fancy having a go at modding it. oO
    X)

OldEnglish

I've got an original Xbox, you don't happen to have a copy of Splinter … I've got an original Xbox, you don't happen to have a copy of Splinter Cell do you, i fancy having a go at modding it. oOX)

I do somewhere yeah, but it might take me a while to find! I had a couple of copies ages ago for same reason.
    I'll see if I can find one.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27126
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846152

See more discussions