R.I.P. Saman Kunan

Found 6th Jul
What a hero.

theguardian.com/wor…ive

theguardian.com/wor…cue
“His effort and determination will always remain in the hearts of all divers. May you rest in peace and we will accomplish this mission as you had wished.”
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
In a world of plastic celebrities grasping the throne of modern day icon heroes, a real hero leaves us.
Greater love hath no man than this. That he lay down his life for his friends. A true selfless hero
Selfless hero, Certainly has got my respect may he R.I.P.

I hope the rain stays away and they're all rescued, Please no more deaths. The world looks on and can only hope they all make it out of there alive and as soon and safely as possible.
Not all heroes wear capes R.I.P
42 Comments
agree, most of them there are volunteering and it just shows how difficult it will be to get them out, especially if earlier report of running out of air is true on top of all of the other hazards. Fingers crossed for a successful outcome for those still trapped and also safe return of those helping.
Edited by: "eslick" 6th Jul
eslick16 m ago

agree, most of them there are volunteering and it just shows how difficult …agree, most of them there are volunteering and it just shows how difficult it will be to get them out, especially if earlier report of running out of air is true on top of all of the other hazards. Fingers crossed for a successful outcome for those still trapped and also safe return of those helping.

That must have changed overnight yesterday they were saying the 'cave' was getting air from somwhere

some footage of the 'hazards'
twitter.com/itv…bed
This situation is so sad. Drowning is one of my worst fears. Have you seen the diagrams of the the way in and out and how far down they actually are?

My mind has become desensitised from some videos I have seen in the past but when I watch stuff about this it makes me feel sick because they are helpless and I can’t do anything about it
Not all heroes wear capes R.I.P
Wongy1104 m ago

That must have changed overnight yesterday they were saying the 'cave' was …That must have changed overnight yesterday they were saying the 'cave' was getting air from somwheresome footage of the 'hazards'https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1015181893472579584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed

it was his air supply in the tank that ran out, they were talking about pumping in air as well for those trapped cannot imagine how bad it will be in there. All sad.

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml
jayonline857 m ago

This situation is so sad. Drowning is one of my worst fears. Have you seen …This situation is so sad. Drowning is one of my worst fears. Have you seen the diagrams of the the way in and out and how far down they actually are? My mind has become desensitised from some videos I have seen in the past but when I watch stuff about this it makes me feel sick because they are helpless and I can’t do anything about it

Don't really fear drowning that much but the thought of being stuck inside all that rock......

34264507-enuaQ.jpg
In a world of plastic celebrities grasping the throne of modern day icon heroes, a real hero leaves us.
Greater love hath no man than this. That he lay down his life for his friends. A true selfless hero
Selfless hero, Certainly has got my respect may he R.I.P.

I hope the rain stays away and they're all rescued, Please no more deaths. The world looks on and can only hope they all make it out of there alive and as soon and safely as possible.
.MUFC.2 m ago

Selfless hero, Certainly has got my respect may he R.I.P.I hope the rain …Selfless hero, Certainly has got my respect may he R.I.P.I hope the rain stays away and they're all rescued, Please no more deaths. The world looks on and can only hope they all make it out of there alive and as soon and safely as possible.

Not good news on that press conference just about to start and the brollies are going up.
34265535-jxGN3.jpg
Wongy1105 m ago

Not good news on that press conference just about to start and the …Not good news on that press conference just about to start and the brollies are going up. [Image]

That's terrible news. I'm sure they'll do everything they can. Sadly we can't control nature must be horrendous and heartbreaking.
.MUFC.5 m ago

That's terrible news. I'm sure they'll do everything they can. Sadly we …That's terrible news. I'm sure they'll do everything they can. Sadly we can't control nature must be horrendous and heartbreaking.

It is monsoon season the forecast is worse for Sunday and beyoud
34265655-Kp37a.jpg

wouldn't be surprised if they are going to announce a rescue attempt .
Wongy11016 m ago

It is monsoon season the forecast is worse for Sunday and beyoud[Image] …It is monsoon season the forecast is worse for Sunday and beyoud[Image] wouldn't be surprised if they are going to announce a rescue attempt .

I find people amazing when it comes to helping save lives, especially children. Now I see how difficult it must be for the kids if Saman never even made it. I’ve never had my courage truly tested and hope I never have too, but if it ever does I hope I have atleast a tiny bit of what these people have.
Wongy11018 m ago

It is monsoon season the forecast is worse for Sunday and beyoud[Image] …It is monsoon season the forecast is worse for Sunday and beyoud[Image] wouldn't be surprised if they are going to announce a rescue attempt .

Let's hope that is the case and it can soon be over with everyone safe.
edit :scrub all this
just fake news who would such a thing and a and why ffs ?

"unconftwitter.com/saf…med reports that the rescue mission will begin this evening and that a diving team will accompany the boys to the cave’s exit two-at-a-time"

"Ben Reymenants, the Belgian diver who was interviewed on BBC Newsnight on Monday and is reportedly on stand-by for this mission, told Het Laatste Nieuws (HLN):

It’s a race against time, because on Sunday heavy rain showers are expected. But we remain positive.

We expect that the first two footballers will still be at the exit today.

It remains a difficult course through a labyrinth of corridors, with lots of diving and climbing.

But the process is along with the current and the visibility under water is already a lot better.

Moreover, they do not have to swim a lot, they have an oxygen mask on them and they will almost always be kept on hand by one of the divers.

In the third corridor there is air for breathing, where they will also be checked by a doctor. Then there is another 1.5 kilometers of climbing and climbing."
Edited by: "Wongy110" 7th Jul
If the boys successfully make it out in time, the FIFA President has invited them to be guests at the World Cup final in Moscow.
independent.co.uk/new…tml
Wongy1101 h, 38 m ago

"unconfirmed reports that the rescue mission will begin this evening and …"unconfirmed reports that the rescue mission will begin this evening and that a diving team will accompany the boys to the cave’s exit two-at-a-time""Ben Reymenants, the Belgian diver who was interviewed on BBC Newsnight on Monday and is reportedly on stand-by for this mission, told Het Laatste Nieuws (HLN):It’s a race against time, because on Sunday heavy rain showers are expected. But we remain positive.We expect that the first two footballers will still be at the exit today.It remains a difficult course through a labyrinth of corridors, with lots of diving and climbing.But the process is along with the current and the visibility under water is already a lot better.Moreover, they do not have to swim a lot, they have an oxygen mask on them and they will almost always be kept on hand by one of the divers.In the third corridor there is air for breathing, where they will also be checked by a doctor. Then there is another 1.5 kilometers of climbing and climbing."

scrub that
twitter.com/saf…ive
The press conference is underway at last
No real news
just some humanity
theguardian.com/new…ime
and maybe to many cooks ?
" Yet an escape effort might be forced by worsening air quality inside the cave, with oxygen levels falling to 15% – down from a healthy 21% – due the presence of hundreds of rescuers working inside.''
The rescue is underway the first boy is expected out around 3pm
good luck to everyone

theguardian.com/wor…ive
Estimated it could take up to four days

This is what Kunan was delivering
34282567-DbUP8.jpg

and a graphic of the cave complex

34282567-F81rU.jpg
twitter.com/Ste…nCM

hey tregs how is the mushrooms ?
Wongy1105 m ago

hey tregs how is the mushrooms ?

About 4 grew, ate them but found them tasteless. I would have been annoyed if I had paid £15 for this, once they grow & are picked, then that is it, no more grow.

How about yours?
Edited by: "tregs" 8th Jul
tregs2 m ago

About 4 grew, ate them but found them tasteless. I would have been annoyed …About 4 grew, ate them but found them tasteless. I would have been annoyed if I had paid £15 for this, once they grow & are picked, then that is it, no more grow.How about yours?

Same here all gone on the compost heap weeks ago.
I thought they were tasty enough mind
Wongy1106th Jul

If the boys successfully make it out in time, the FIFA President has …If the boys successfully make it out in time, the FIFA President has invited them to be guests at the World Cup final in Moscow. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thai-cave-rescue-fifa-world-cup-final-tickets-boys-football-team-2018-a8434201.html

I would have thought any leader with common understanding of the world, would invite the rescuers first and foremost (to the World Cup final).
splender4 m ago

I would have thought any leader with common understanding of the world, …I would have thought any leader with common understanding of the world, would invite the rescuers first and foremost (to the World Cup final).

Good point but not sure they would have enough tickets thousands of people involved.
“Two kids are out. They are currently at the field hospital near the cave,” said Tossathep Boonthong, chief of Chiang Rai’s health department and part of the rescue team.

“We are giving them a physical examination. They have not been moved to Chiang Rai hospital yet,” Tossathep told Reuters.
4 our now, fingers crossed.

update the rest are staying until tomorrow, number changed from earlier reports saying 6 were out confirmed as 4 now.
Edited by: "eslick" 8th Jul
eslick4 h, 27 m ago

4 our now, fingers crossed.update the rest are staying until tomorrow, …4 our now, fingers crossed.update the rest are staying until tomorrow, number changed from earlier reports saying 6 were out confirmed as 4 now.

Yeah I can see how that might be misreported
What I don't understand is why someone would make up a whole interview with a diver ?

Like you said operation due to resume 8am (0200 BST)
BBC reports at least seven ambulances have driven towards the site. Hopefully some more of these boys will be out soon
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 50 m ago

BBC reports at least seven ambulances have driven towards the site. …BBC reports at least seven ambulances have driven towards the site. Hopefully some more of these boys will be out soon

No much news yet
but it is raining very hard

but you have got to like the sign at the boys school ?
34289855-0Aks4.jpgtwitter.com/Chr…o/1

theguardian.com/wor…ews
Edited by: "Wongy110" 9th Jul
8 down 5 to go I gather the delay was due to air in the cave
enough for the boys but not for the hundred(s) of rescue workers.
theguardian.com/new…rts
Edited by: "Wongy110" 9th Jul
Ninth and tenth boys rescued.
Excellent news:-

"The Navy Seal team in charge of the rescue says that the 12 boys and their coach who were trapped in the cave have been brought out, completing an extraordinary and arduous rescue operation that captivated the world.

The Seals posted to Facebook: "12 wild boars and coach out of the cave. Everyone safe."

R.I.P. Saman Kunan
Edited by: "tregs" 10th Jul
Such a relief!. 2 of the boys have a minor infection in their lungs but they should be fine.
.MUFC.50 m ago

Such a relief!. 2 of the boys have a minor infection in their lungs but …Such a relief!. 2 of the boys have a minor infection in their lungs but they should be fine.

"Manchester United is greatly relieved to learn that the 12 footballers and their coach trapped in a cave in Thailand are now safe. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected.

We would be honoured to welcome the team from the Wild Boars Football Club and their rescuers to Old Trafford this coming season."

Hooyah!
Wongy1108 m ago

"Manchester United is greatly relieved to learn that the 12 footballers …"Manchester United is greatly relieved to learn that the 12 footballers and their coach trapped in a cave in Thailand are now safe. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected.We would be honoured to welcome the team from the Wild Boars Football Club and their rescuers to Old Trafford this coming season."Hooyah!

Fantastic gesture and makes me proud when they do things like that :D.
One of those great stories that captures global attention like the Chilean miners in 2010. I have no doubt they will, but I hope that the pivotal members of the rescue operation are treated with special recognition for their endurance, skill and bravery. Would appear that the boys themselves will not be medically cleared to attend the World Cup Final, so maybe the offer could be extended to some of the inner core of rescue divers and support team. Elon Musk could even lay on a practical mode of transport, such as a private jet.
Fantastic news, so glad to hear that Saman Kunan's sacrifice wasn't in vain.
Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.
Wongy1108th Jul

Good point but not sure they would have enough tickets thousands of people …Good point but not sure they would have enough tickets thousands of people involved.

If there are limited tickets, the best volunteer, unpaid, rescuers have priority.
splender11th Jul

If there are limited tickets, the best volunteer, unpaid, rescuers have …If there are limited tickets, the best volunteer, unpaid, rescuers have priority.

What if they don't like football ?

anyway the final astonishing thing about this was they just got out in the nick of time
the pumps failed minutes after they got out
punchng.com/wat…es/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants