Ripped off with second hand game on EBay

Banned 7
Found 19th Oct 2009
Hi, can anybody tell me what I should do next. I bought a wii game on buy it now that was described as new and in brilliant condition. It turned up this morning and it is clearly second hand. The box is battered/scratched and the game itself is very scratched. I bought it as a present and do not want a second hand one. I havent tried the game to see how it plays as even if it works perfectly i don't want a secondhand. Would be different if it was for me but im not giving a secondhand present i'll look like a cheap skate.
Anyway I have emailed the seller ans pointed out the condition of the item and that it isnt new at all but i've not heard back yet. If they won't refund me what do I do next?

6 Comments

Open a dispute via ebay.

go into paypal and tell them, open up a dispute and escalate it up straight away. Just say that the goods werent as described

you must return recorded delivery ( when paypal tell you to) and start a dispute with paypal
i presume thats how you paid ?

Banned

item not as described dispute

then neg him IN CAPITALS:)

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for all your help :thumbsup: I've never had this happen before. I'll wait and see if the seller replies this eve and if not then I will open up a dispute first thing in the morning.

PootleTheFlump;6621855

Thanks for all your help :thumbsup: I've never had this happen before. … Thanks for all your help :thumbsup: I've never had this happen before. I'll wait and see if the seller replies this eve and if not then I will open up a dispute first thing in the morning.

I'd give them a couple of days to reply,not everybody is at a pc daily and you have 45 days to make a Paypal claim so there's no rush,best if you can sort it out with the seller first:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Young Person's Railcard upper age limit going up to 30!33
    2. Seen SelfishParker.com?2252
    3. When is Black Friday 2017 and how can I find the best deals?1214
    4. Yay for HUKD iPhone X support58

See more discussions