Rise Of The Skywalker... (potential spoilers)

Posted 18th Dec 2019
So tickets bought for midnight, anyone got theory’s where Rey is from who her parents were?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Yes... but I suggest you place "SPOILER" (or similar text) in the thread description.
39 Comments
Her Parents are Jar Jar Binks & spock
Yes... but I suggest you place "SPOILER" (or similar text) in the thread description.
She's a Targaryen
fanpages18/12/2019 10:51

Yes... but I suggest you place "SPOILER" (or similar text) in the thread …Yes... but I suggest you place "SPOILER" (or similar text) in the thread description.

It’s only guessing atm...
Bargainhead18/12/2019 11:02

It’s only guessing atm...

Even guesses can be correct, or nearly correct, & these may spoil the movie for somebody.
Rey and Kylo are Anakin's parents.
Chewbacca is her mother, you heard it here first
fanpages18/12/2019 11:13

Even guesses can be correct, or nearly correct, & these may spoil the …Even guesses can be correct, or nearly correct, & these may spoil the movie for somebody.

As soon as I come out I’ll put spoiler on fb just to wind my mates up...
Bargainhead18/12/2019 11:26

As soon as I come out I’ll put spoiler on fb just to wind my mates up...

When the first of the latest trilogy ("...Episode VII - The Force Awakens") was being shown in the UK cinemas, we had an entertaining few weeks here where member accounts were created referencing a big spoiler for that movie & the members would "Like" comments in the Star Wars-related threads
I know it's not gonna be great objectively, but this isn't cerebral entertainment - it's just good to watch. So I'm gonna watch it & I'm gonna enjoy it (and try not to think too hard about it afterwards).
Who cares that are poor films with the exception of Solo & Rogue one, they just mirror the originals
furbars18/12/2019 11:44

Who cares that are poor films with the exception of Solo & Rogue one, they …Who cares that are poor films with the exception of Solo & Rogue one, they just mirror the originals

Solo was pretty terrible too IMO.
Gormond18/12/2019 11:48

So was rogue one in the fact you new they would die all the way through, solo has potential in more movies..

but all of them are no where as good as the original 3, but I grew up on them so I’m biased...

Who cares that are poor films with the exception of Solo & Rogue one, they …Who cares that are poor films with the exception of Solo & Rogue one, they just mirror the originals

...so your prediction is that Rey & Kylo are a set of twins separated at birth to keep them safe, & they have been drawn together by a set of circumstances without realising they are related?

No... that would be silly.

Wouldn't it?
Gormond18/12/2019 11:48

Agreed. The best post 1983 Star Wars film is Rogue One, none of the others come close.
Bargainhead18/12/2019 11:54

So was rogue one in the fact you new they would die all the way through, …So was rogue one in the fact you new they would die all the way through, solo has potential in more movies.. but all of them are no where as good as the original 3, but I grew up on them so I’m biased...

The original ending of "Rogue One" was changed so "they all died" after poor reviews from test audiences.

To be fair, they've all been going downhill since "The Empire Strikes Back".

"...The Force Awakens" had some nostalgic call-backs, & "...The Last Jedi" certainly was not as bad as some people made it out to be, but there is no way those who have been watching since 1977 are ever going to experience the same level of enjoyment as when the first movie was released.

That is not to say that some will not be satisfied with the conclusion, of course.
fanpages18/12/2019 12:00

The original ending of "Rogue One" was changed so "they all died" after …The original ending of "Rogue One" was changed so "they all died" after poor reviews from test audiences. To be fair, they've all been going downhill since "The Empire Strikes Back". "...The Force Awakens" had some nostalgic call-backs, & "...The Last Jedi" certainly was not as bad as some people made it out to be, but there is no way those who have been watching since 1977 are ever going to experience the same level of enjoyment as when the first movie was released.That is not to say that some will not be satisfied with the conclusion, of course.

I enjoyed return of the Jedi as well, watched in the cinema back in the day... never really liked Luke in any movie the character and actor was poor.. just my opinion but..

So you’ll be the first queuing up to watch tonight then?
Bargainhead18/12/2019 12:28

So you’ll be the first queuing up to watch tonight then?

Lol no way I may watch it next year on TV when the new Disney channel launches over here though.
They all die in the end
ding18/12/2019 12:40

They all die in the end

I reckon the emperor will die..
I'm booked in for the triple bill! God help me! I'm in two minds to just go for the last two or last one film, 3 is a big push
Toon_army18/12/2019 13:18

I'm booked in for the triple bill! God help me! I'm in two minds to just …I'm booked in for the triple bill! God help me! I'm in two minds to just go for the last two or last one film, 3 is a big push

Go for it, you will regret not doing it afterwards. My daughter wanted to do the triple bill but I can’t sit for that long, so just the midnight show for us...
Bargainhead18/12/2019 13:39

Go for it, you will regret not doing it afterwards. My daughter wanted to …Go for it, you will regret not doing it afterwards. My daughter wanted to do the triple bill but I can’t sit for that long, so just the midnight show for us...

I've been up since 6am, just about to service a car and I'm done for today. Really dont know if I'll manage to stay awake! Plus my mates dropped me in it and hes working overtime
deleted1965997
I’ve read the script if you want spoilers
Toon_army18/12/2019 13:41

I've been up since 6am, just about to service a car and I'm done for …I've been up since 6am, just about to service a car and I'm done for today. Really dont know if I'll manage to stay awake! Plus my mates dropped me in it and hes working overtime

Get a granny nap in before you go lol...
deleted196599718/12/2019 13:42

I’ve read the script if you want spoilers

Awesome type away, I don’t think people will believe you..
Toon_army18/12/2019 13:18

I'm booked in for the triple bill! God help me! I'm in two minds to just …I'm booked in for the triple bill! God help me! I'm in two minds to just go for the last two or last one film, 3 is a big push

On the day the last Star Trek movie was released I went to a Triple-showing of "Star Trek", "...Into Darkness", & "...Beyond".

I sat through the first two (that I had already seen) & fell asleep during the one I hadn't!
Bargainhead18/12/2019 13:45

The spoilers were revealed months ago and it’s already opened in some countries where the people who have watched it, have confirmed those spoilers to be correct.

Having read them (and the reviews), it confirmed what I thought would happen. This film retcons not only The Last Jedi, but also the prequels and the original trilogy.

Also, if you don’t already know, you have to have taken part in the Fortnite Star Wars event to hear a plot set up point for this film that they didn’t think would be important to include in the actual film for some strange reason. m.youtube.com/wat…JiQ
Rogue one was awesome. Effortlessly shuffled itself into the SW universe and actually made sense. Solo didnt know what it was. Thought the whole movie was a set up just to show how Han came into owning the MF.

Ep 7 and 8.......it was too rushed. Rey just had the jedi powers. Mistake was to copy Last hope but with female lead for todays audiences.

no originality in thought of story, story arc, character arc, nothing.

personally i think Disney jumped in with Ep 7 too quick, obvious money intentions. In an ideal world, they should have had Tv series to expand the universe, then come with Ep 7.

Mandelorian does a decent job. Some episodes have been brilliant, others not so but still, it would have allowed the SW universe to be built, eventually leading to Ep7.
Spoiler alert!

This film will be rubbish!
gcmarcal18/12/2019 16:14

Spoiler alert!This film will be rubbish!

I’ll find out in a few hours...
fanpages18/12/2019 10:51

Yes... but I suggest you place "SPOILER" (or similar text) in the thread …Yes... but I suggest you place "SPOILER" (or similar text) in the thread description.

Added possibly spoilers
deleted1965997
Bargainhead18/12/2019 13:45

Even though one of the main actors leaked it weeks ago, along with another reputable source leaking it prior to that?
Well I didn't see *that* coming but of course if was obvious wasn't it from when they announced that Emperor was coming back for this film. But I'm just trying to work out the timeline of how old Rey's parents would have been if Rey is only meant to be in her early 20's.
Haircut_10019/12/2019 02:29

Well I didn't see *that* coming but of course if was obvious wasn't it …Well I didn't see *that* coming but of course if was obvious wasn't it from when they announced that Emperor was coming back for this film. But I'm just trying to work out the timeline of how old Rey's parents would have been if Rey is only meant to be in her early 20's.

No I didn’t see that but time line sought of makes sense, they would be around Luke’s age maybe slightly younger, he would of had to be emperor already, when he had his son...
When I booked my tickets over 2 weeks ago all the seats were taken, but last night it was half empty... can’t understand why pay for a ticket and not show, ok 1 or 2 but this was a lot...
deleted196599718/12/2019 17:30

Even though one of the main actors leaked it weeks ago, along with another …Even though one of the main actors leaked it weeks ago, along with another reputable source leaking it prior to that?

Never saw the leaks wasn’t in main papers, well now it’s out we’re they true...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions