Groups

Rising sea levels and a rising human population - How to save Earth

Banned
    okay so there are 6.5 billion people on Earth

The average human consists of 37 litres of water

Equals 240,500,000,000 (billion) litres of water in humans at present

If someone could find out how much in litres a 2m rise in sea level is, then we could work out how many little ones we need to pop out to save Earth and mankind as we know it

19 Comments

Lol, well i think that because it is a situation that has been sped up by human effects, that we should have to deal with the consequences of our actions, and plus if more humans are on the Earth, then less food becomes available therefore leading to a starvation crisis which is worse the a sea level rise as a sea level rise is also an extremely slow change, a change of a couple of metres will take about 1000 years to occur
    so i think there are more things to worry about than sea levels i.e nuclear warfare etc

Haha oh dear, the next "Betting Thread idea".

All i can say is, Wow.

Good concept. I'll get to work on helping out.

CO2 and Sea levels rise and fall natually so we have nothing to worry about to be honest....

I don't know how many people know this, but we stopped calling it Global Warming about 4 years ago when things were actually cooling down as part of natures balancing act. We now call it Climate Change...

If it did comes to it, we can just pipe some water out to space.

Chiptivo;4805454

CO2 and Sea levels rise and fall natually so we have nothing to worry … CO2 and Sea levels rise and fall natually so we have nothing to worry about to be honest....I don't know how many people know this, but we stopped calling it Global Warming about 4 years ago when things were actually cooling down as part of natures balancing act. We now call it Climate Change...If it did comes to it, we can just pipe some water out to space.

Your right, climate change is natural and has happened many times in the past. Human intervention is however being a catalyst for this climate change as you can see with certain charts relating to Co2 outputs
    The worlds weather can also be dramatically changed by El Nino and La Nina situations in which those situations many people may relate to them being caused by man when it's not

Original Poster Banned

Chiptivo;4805454

If it did comes to it, we can just pipe some water out to space.

I have thought about this and sending our rubbish out to space too, but inevitably you are reducing Earth's mass and the Sun's gravitational pull on our planet thus changing the orbital trajectory that could have catastrophic consequences for human kind :thinking:

lumoruk;4806290

I have thought about this and sending our rubbish out to space too, but … I have thought about this and sending our rubbish out to space too, but inevitably you are reducing Earth's mass and the Sun's gravitational pull on our planet thus changing the orbital trajectory that could have catastrophic consequences for human kind :thinking:

Good idea, but actually it's been theorised that almost all of the water on Earth came from the ice on bombarded comets from space, if that is the case then the Earth must have been going fine before.

Original Poster Banned

DarkKnight;4807307

Good idea, but actually it's been theorised that almost all of the water … Good idea, but actually it's been theorised that almost all of the water on Earth came from the ice on bombarded comets from space, if that is the case then the Earth must have been going fine before.

That would add weight to my theory though that the comets adding mass to the Earth and hitting it pushed it closer to the Sun making it warm enough for us to live :thumbsup:

lumoruk;4807469

That would add weight to my theory though that the comets adding mass to … That would add weight to my theory though that the comets adding mass to the Earth and hitting it pushed it closer to the Sun making it warm enough for us to live :thumbsup:

Well it would depend on the size of the comets, as the Earth is a massive planet,

not as big as your anus though

Original Poster Banned

autolesbona;4808474

i literally smirked at that comment :roll:

autolesbona;4808474

Erm, whatever

DarkKnight;4808950

Erm, whatever

tis called a joke..... or do you just have a planet sized anus? If so, I profusely apologise.

Eat your heart out Levis24.

Nice idea, but bad execution. The only way to stop the seas rising and to save the planet is to cut down all the rainforrest and make it into a really giant roll of kitchen paper, and just use that.

Original Poster Banned

autolesbona;4824548

tis called a joke..... or do you just have a planet sized anus? If so, I … tis called a joke..... or do you just have a planet sized anus? If so, I profusely apologise.

Its okay i got it and yours too dxx gave me a chuckle at the thought of a big paper towel soaking up all the sea water.

dxx;4824612

Nice idea, but bad execution. The only way to stop the seas rising and to … Nice idea, but bad execution. The only way to stop the seas rising and to save the planet is to cut down all the rainforrest and make it into a really giant roll of kitchen paper, and just use that.

Unfortunately hard wood makes really poor paper.

chesso;4824662

Unfortunately hard wood makes really poor paper.

Ah, that's fine. We'll just throw the occasional bag of kittens into the wood chipper to soften things up.

dxx;4824705

Ah, that's fine. We'll just throw the occasional bag of kittens into the … Ah, that's fine. We'll just throw the occasional bag of kittens into the wood chipper to soften things up.

I think you'll find that all modern kittens are both water-repellent and clog up the chipper.
    You could try the cotton wool bud waste from beauty parlours.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1219
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1621
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553785
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1519

See more discussions