River Island offers staff cost-of-living support including free food + free hygiene packs n all bathrooms, support payments & more

Posted 9th Nov 2022
River Island offers staff cost-of-living support a support including free food, free hygiene packs, support funds and more.

River Island has introduced care packages for staff to support them during the cost-of-living crisis.

In a memo seen by Retail Gazette, River Island chief executive Will Kernan informed staff across stores and HQ that support packages – funded by the retailer’s founder Bernard Lewis – will be made available.

“These packages will be available to all Islanders across our stores and HQ from financial support and food/personal care packages to mental health and wellbeing support,” Kernan said.

Lewis told staff: “I want to write personally to you all to say that, since starting River Island nearly 70 years ago, I have never known a time when the cost of living has risen so dramatically so quickly and caused so much distress.

“We are committed to helping all of you who make this business what it is. It is difficult to know what the best way is to do this, but I am very pleased with the package of support that we have developed, and I hope that it will go some way to helping.”

The list of support available is:

• Islander support payments to all staff, with the exception of our most senior leaders, whether full time or part time – one payment in November and one in January.

• Care packages consisting of food basics sent to stores, with items such as breakfast items, tea, coffee, tinned goods as well as personal care items.

• Free breakfast and lunch at head office on Mondays & Fridays and free hygiene packs available in all bathrooms.

• It has worked with the Retail Trust to create a River Island financial fund, which will be available to all staff across the UK and Ireland that are experiencing financial difficulties with a non-repayable grant

• A financial wellbeing programme has been put in place to support with budgeting and debt management.

Source
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment

0 Comments

Questions? Opinions? Suggestions?
Top Merchants