RM special delivery

Found 23rd Apr 2010
I posted an item via RMSD yesterday, but the other party as not received anything today.
I assumed it was 'guaranteed next working day before 1pm'.
Can it take an extra day?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

yes but I think you can claim the postage back....
from the website

Because we know how important your package is, we guarantee we’ll deliver your Special Delivery™ Next Day item before 1.00pm the next working day or we’ll refund your money.

This guarantee does not apply if:

* We were unable to deliver the item because there was no-one to sign for your item
* The delivery address is in an area of the UK where we do not guarantee next day delivery
* We do not guarantee the delivery time for items to an address for which a person has paid for our redirection services. The item will be forwarded to the new address using Special Delivery but the money back guarantee does not apply

unless it has been 'lost' (stolen)

It depends what time you post - I think the cut-off point for next day delivery is 4.30pm / 5.00pm

It should be next day if posted before then though.

Have you checked the online tracking?

Original Poster

midlandscomics;8440920

It depends what time you post - I think the cut-off point for next day … It depends what time you post - I think the cut-off point for next day delivery is 4.30pm / 5.00pmIt should be next day if posted before then though.Have you checked the online tracking?

online tracking says its currently processing within their network etc.
I posted the item around 3pm.

its ok .. someone posted a letter to me on 14 April, 2nd Class Recorded and im STILL awaiting delivery!!!!

nowt I can do thou is there?

Original Poster

tracyhay;8440917

* The delivery address is in an area of the UK where we do not … * The delivery address is in an area of the UK where we do not guarantee next day delivery)

they live in Dagnall, Near Berkhamsted, herts. Not sure whether the above applies to this area.

I may just claim back (if its not gone lost). Never had a Special delivery package gone missing; hope its not a first :whistling:

ele-font;8440998

they live in Dagnall, Near Berkhamsted, herts. Not sure whether the above … they live in Dagnall, Near Berkhamsted, herts. Not sure whether the above applies to this area.I may just claim back (if its not gone lost). Never had a Special delivery package gone missing; hope its not a first :whistling:

hmm dont know about that one, my geography is rubbish its usually places like the highlands and islands. I would phone and ask if you be entitled to the postage back though, if you think its worth all the form filling

i posted something second class recorded on here not long ago and it took nearly three weeks to get delivered. RM are a waste of money and time

Original Poster

tracyhay;8441015

hmm dont know about that one, my geography is rubbish its usually places … hmm dont know about that one, my geography is rubbish its usually places like the highlands and islands. I would phone and ask if you be entitled to the postage back though, if you think its worth all the form filling

not too sure. it cost me £6.70 to post to possible worth a go.
On another note, should the parcel go missing, will I have to pay the buyer back?

ele-font;8441157

not too sure. it cost me £6.70 to post to possible worth a go.On another … not too sure. it cost me £6.70 to post to possible worth a go.On another note, should the parcel go missing, will I have to pay the buyer back?

Yes,you refund the buyer and you claim from RM:thumbsup:

Royal Snail

Talking to my postie this morning and she says they are very busy with all the election junk mail.

You can clam back the cost of postage if they failed to deliver it today befor 1pm..

Depends if there is still a backlog because of that volcano, most SD items go via air , i know they suspended guaranteed delivery not sure if its back to normal

Special Delivery™ services - temporary suspension of next day g … Special Delivery™ services - temporary suspension of next day guaranteeThe closure of UK airspace has impacted on our ability to transport mail around some parts of the UK. We are continuing to accept and prioritise Special Delivery™ items and we are confident that if customers use this service, the vast majority of Special Delivery™ items will arrive on time. However, we use the air network to transport a proportion of our mail around the UK and because it is not available to us at the moment, we cannot guarantee every Special Delivery™ item will be delivered on time, in all areas.In order to provide customers with clear guidance, we have temporarily suspended the next day guarantee for Special Delivery™ items.We will continue to make every effort to deliver these items and will restore the guarantee of next day delivery as soon as we can be sure we can honour the Special Delivery™ service promise in all areas.Regular updates about Special Delivery™, national and international mail services will continue to be made available on these web pages.

Original Poster

well the other party received the package today (1 day late). Can anyone direct me to the royal mail 'postage claim form'? (if one exists) or do I have to collect from my local PO?

Just ring them up and give the tracking info they will refund straight away

when i posted out a special delivery last week i was warned at the po that special deliveries could not be next day guaranteed due to the problems with flights but items with special delivery would still be treated as priority mail and i'm sure this was on their website too so do not think you will get postage refunded maybe worth a go but think they will just tell you what i have

Same happened to us this week - sister posted my wee girl's birthday present Next Day SD on Monday for her birthday on Tuesday. It never arrived till the Wednesday. Apparently they're using the volcanic ash as an excuse.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19548053
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1981431
    3. Massive reductions on PSVR units - UK next?1118
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)75598

See more discussions