Groups

RMSD?

Bought a new laptop charger today off eBay and it was sent out by special delivery.

What are the chances of it being delivered tomorrow?

I forgot saturday isn't garenteed.

I wish I paid the extra few bob now..

I have an assignment due monday and its on my laptop, can't get to it!

argh!

9 Comments

Yer Puddin

hmmmmm, how flat is it ????? if its " fairly flat" there is a sneaky trick which MIGHT just get enought guts to get the file....although i wouldnt hold up hope.....

take the battery, or the whole laptop, and stick it somewhere nice and warm....like a radiator, or the airing cub. leave for a hour or two....then try it again.......heat makes chemical reactions more powerful.....and your battery is no different.

cold slows it down too !!!!

other than that, most of the things ive ordered/send by rmsd have been delivered within 24 hours...including sat......

hope this helps.

Royal Mail will often do a Special Delivery on a Saturday however if they don't - go to a large Tesco store (many open24 hours) and buy a Trend universal charger (obviously check that it is compatible with your computer) about £25 - £30 use it and then take it back on Monday after the work has been done and claim that it didn't work for your equipment - sorted!

Original Poster

k13 wjd;3166958

hmmmmm, how flat is it ????? if its " fairly flat" there is a sneaky … hmmmmm, how flat is it ????? if its " fairly flat" there is a sneaky trick which MIGHT just get enought guts to get the file....although i wouldnt hold up hope.....take the battery, or the whole laptop, and stick it somewhere nice and warm....like a radiator, or the airing cub. leave for a hour or two....then try it again.......heat makes chemical reactions more powerful.....and your battery is no different.cold slows it down too !!!!other than that, most of the things ive ordered/send by rmsd have been delivered within 24 hours...including sat......hope this helps.

Batterys been literally dead for about a month, pull the charger out you have roughly 30 seconds to plug it back in, so can't do that, just bought a new battery too. :-(
    crd67;3166960

Royal Mail will often do a Special Delivery on a Saturday however if they … Royal Mail will often do a Special Delivery on a Saturday however if they don't - go to a large Tesco store (many open24 hours) and buy a Trend universal charger (obviously check that it is compatible with your computer) about £25 - £30 use it and then take it back on Monday after the work has been done and claim that it didn't work for your equipment - sorted!

Could do, if I hadn't gone into an overdraft in the back because of the charger + battery :x

t0mm - I'm only in Leicester I'll pop over if you need a bung of cash :-) or god forbid you could always use a public library grab a pc and use google docs for a couple of hours.

err bout in the tree fiddy percentile.

Every single Friday RMSD I've received or sent (maybe 20+) have arrived on the Saturday. My local PO told me they don't guarantee cause many businesses are closed on Sat, but for the vast majority of home deliveries they will deliver.

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;3167052

Every single Friday RMSD I've received or sent (maybe 20+) have arrived … Every single Friday RMSD I've received or sent (maybe 20+) have arrived on the Saturday. My local PO told me they don't guarantee cause many businesses are closed on Sat, but for the vast majority of home deliveries they will deliver.

Thanks L'OM - Ill be able to do your game after

Original Poster

Came with the wrong power lead, ruddy brilliant!

luckily i have a 2pin until they open on monday.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism46
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846214
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6551247
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764314

See more discussions