Groups
    EXPIRED

Road Bike

I'm looking to buy a road bike and get back into cycling. I did it quite a lot when I was younger, regularly do 40+ miles, occasional 70+, but only at a leisurely pace, and only for my own enjoyment.

My GF has just bought a bike and want's to out for rides, and as I don't own a bike anymore it's a good chance to buy a decent-ish one and get back into it.

I wouldn't really want to spend over £400, so I understand I'm limiting myself there.

Been looking at the following:

decathlon.co.uk/tri…tml

decathlon.co.uk/tri…tml Is this woth £80 more?

probikekit.co.uk/bik…tml

Anyone got any advice?

7 Comments

triban 3 definitely. I have one and have done many 50+mile bike rides and a 80+mile ride once and its still going strong.

brother has the triban 3 and it's a great bike for the cost.

decent link here which posts good deals on bikes. bikedeals.cc/tag…ke/

Do your employers run the bike to work scheme if so you can have pretax payments taken from your wage and save on the cost of the bike?

The red Triban 3 was a great deal, the white one is but not so much. Spend a bit more and get carbon forks and 9 speed sora groupset.

I wet through this a few weeks ago and was all settled on the triban 3 after much looking around. Eventually went for a giant which was 2nd hand and much better than anything I could have got at triban money.

Look on eBay and the local ads there are plenty if expensive bikes for good money on the resale market.

Original Poster

Thanks all, my company don't do the cycle to work scheme unfortunately. I had a look on ebay but don't want to end up buying a dud which will need parts replacing.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions