Groups

Road update - Cardiff to Bristol airport

My partner and I need to travel from Cardiff to Bristol Airport to pick up her sister arriving tomorrow evening. How are the road conditions in particular M4 (between Cardiff and M5) then Bristol to Airport? Should we drive or take the train?

Thanks in advance and appreicate your help

17 Comments

main roads in Bristol and the A38 to the airport are pretty clear as they are major commuter routes. Just a bit slushy in parts

As Choc said although there is some snow forecast for tomorrow too but shouldnt be that bad.

m4 and a48m were both closed this afternoon and are still described as treacherous. hopefully by tomorrow it might be a little better.

Original Poster

Thank you everyone. Its so unfortunate that UK grinds to a stand still with even a little bit of snow. Cardiff has been a nightmare to drive in the last few days. I visited Slovakia last year, experienced -20 there but all the roads and airports were open. Everyone came for the meeting and it was business as usual.

I just hope that Bristol airport is open tomorrow, otherwise our Christmas plans would need dramatic altering

Hazardous driving conditions due to snow., slow trafic due to snow on m5 both ways between j15 m4 and j31 a30.

Good luck and try this site. M4 Traffic Cameras in Wales

Gives you an updated picture from the traffic cameras on the M4 in Wales and on the bridge!
    It's not as bad as people make out!
    Edited by: "cyprusgriff" 20th Dec 2010

The m5 / a38 should be fine tomorrow. The m5 this morning was a nightmare due to the snow but should be ok.

Original Poster

cyprusgriff

Good luck and try this site. Your text hereGives you an updated picture … Good luck and try this site. Your text hereGives you an updated picture from the traffic cameras on the M4 in Wales and on the bridge!It's not as bad as people make out!

Thank you for the traffic cam link. I see the motorways are clear. Hopefully they should be cleared tomorrow

motorway is kinda clear, the airport should be fine too, its just the side roads a bit ice skaty! (which is aweessomme! - tokyo drift turns and everything)

Banned

Just take care on the small roads heading to Bristol airport as there are some really nasty hills & turns up that way

BTW are you a biker? (motorcycles)

cyprusgriff

Good luck and try this site. M4 Traffic Cameras in WalesGives you an … Good luck and try this site. M4 Traffic Cameras in WalesGives you an updated picture from the traffic cameras on the M4 in Wales and on the bridge!It's not as bad as people make out!

http://www.traffic-wales.com/images/loading_static2.gif

Original Poster

robbieukranger

Just take care on the small roads heading to Bristol airport as there are … Just take care on the small roads heading to Bristol airport as there are some really nasty hills & turns up that wayBTW are you a biker? (motorcycles)

Yes I am, for 9 years now. How about you and what do you ride?

Daughter did the M4 past Cardiff to the bridge the other day when the snow was heavy, on her way home from Uni, and said although it was a little hair-raising at times, the surface itself was pretty driveable - not sure if that helps at all lol !

Btw - bikers here too

Original Poster

What do you guys ride. I started of with a cg125, followed by a GSF600 Bandit (2007 - track modified), then GSXR750 - got stolen this August - yet to be found. Now waiting for next year cant decide whether to go for a Triumph RocketIII or another GSXR750. Loved the 750

Fav was the Kawasaki ZX6R I used to ride to work at the Solicitors, but gettin bit older now lol so now it's a Triumph Legend 900 First bike was a little Honda H100, had a Bros 650 (I think !) few Kwaka's, GPX 250 ..... among others !!

Banned

I had a ZX6R F3 which was a fun little bike then I upgraded to a Fireblade

What a bike!!

Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your help about road conditions.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…3078
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201356
      3. 24 studio order number 0844 800 11 22119
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2698

See more discussions