Expired

roadside/breakdown cover

9 replies
Found 5th May 2007
hi folks

my girlfriends rac roadside cover due to expire anyonw know any cut price deals from AA, Green Flag etc?

cheers

1. Ask
  2. Breakdown
10 Comments

Some HUKD members use [url]www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk[/url]

It's more of an insurance policy as you pay the breakdown company up front and claim back the cost under the policy. Costs around £30-£35.

Otherwise it's AA, RAC, Greenflag or the policies from Direct Line and other motor insurers. Depends whether you are happy to stump up for the breakdown first or want a traditional breakdown service.

If you have them, you can use Tesco Clubcard vouchers to purchase RAC cover cheaply:

tesco.com/clu…ing

I use Tesco vouchers for my RAC cover. Be aware that on a lot of the higher options they exclude Home Start for Tesco Clubcard Voucher Membership.

Try Tesco in store - They do a Rescue product..

I signed upto AutoAid in January.

I broke down a couple of weeks ago. Phoned them. They had a local recovery service out to me within the hour. The car couldn't be repaired at the roadside so they brought the car and I home. Filled in the claim form and had a cheque for the full amount within 5 days.

I was very impressed. Cheap and cheerful at £32.50 (I believe it's £34 now) but well worth the money.

I signed upto AutoAid in January.

I broke down a couple of weeks ago. Phoned them. They had a local recovery service out to me within the hour. The car couldn't be repaired at the roadside so they brought the car and I home. Filled in the claim form and had a cheque for the full amount within 5 days.

I was very impressed. Cheap and cheerful at £32.50 (I believe it's £34 now) but well worth the money. Also that includes home start though the amount that can be claimed for this is limited and it covers me not the car so I can drive someone else's car and still know I'm covered if something happens.

shuggyboy24

hi folksmy girlfriends rac roadside cover due to expire anyonw know any … hi folksmy girlfriends rac roadside cover due to expire anyonw know any cut price deals from AA, Green Flag etc?cheers

I have a current account with the Halifax and this is one of the "perks". Could end up costing you nothing. I believe you have to pay your salary in though.

Try HERE

buy your insurance from prudential via quidco and you get green flag cover for nil

Original Poster

thanks folks will pass these links onto my fiancee'

merci!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?79
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions