Groups
    EXPIRED

Road/Triathlon bike

Hi,

I'm looking for my first road bike for a mini triathlon, not sure how it's going to go so don't want to spend the earth incase I don't get on with it but on the other hand I don't want to buy a piece of junk.

Ideally I would spend something in the region of £350-£400. I've seen a few bikes on Evans and Wiggle but as there are no decent sales or vouchers I have no chance of being able to afford one of theirs. I've been watching ebay for weeks but nothing has come up yet.

If anyone knows of a sale, a bike or a decent discount code then please let me know as this is driving me insane.

Thanks,

Sound.

4 Comments

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KQlh6G_ERA8/SWryZKOzO2I/AAAAAAAABvw/sJI3Q1593xs/s400/penny.farthing1.jpg

Won't get much for £300 maybe one of these. :thumbsup::-D

Try asking in the forums on Bikemagic: bikemagic.com
    Road & Touring is probably the best one.

The gear pages allow you to search bikes by price range: bikemagic.com/rev…v/1

+1 on the £300 comment above. You might be best looking for a good second hand or older model bike.

Original Poster

cheers guys

My terrible Claude Butler Stone River got nicked the other week so we got a £340 claim from the insurance to spend at Halfords, found a Carrera Gryphon V-spec and got it delivered today.
    Seems very good, dad who is an avid cyclist seems very happy with it too so I would heartily recommend that!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD new UI12
      2. House buyer survey?44
      3. Most cushioned running trainers?22
      4. Sim only deals with lots of data22

See more discussions