Groups
    EXPIRED

Robin Hood-utter drivel!

Just back from this-been wanting to see it for months,what a sad dissapointment.

Maybe someone should have told ridley scott that the reason nobody had ever filmed the "true" story of robin before was that it was tedious beyond belief.

Without using any spoilers,basically,nothing happens for 2 hours until ridley gets his "saving private ryan" moment on the beach,and err,thats it.

I absolutely WANTED to like this,but it is just boring,boring,boring.

18 Comments

I'll find out on Saturday. It looks good though.

Banned

expect it is like most ridley scott films, hugely over-rated and disappointing. Cant think of more than 3 decent films he has ever done

its the lack of bryan adams tru say

csiman;8594767

expect it is like most ridley scott films, hugely over-rated and … expect it is like most ridley scott films, hugely over-rated and disappointing. Cant think of more than 3 decent films he has ever done

Blade Runner
    Gladiator
    Alien

Possibly American Gangster and Black Hawk Down

Banned

csiman;8594767

expect it is like most ridley scott films, hugely over-rated and … expect it is like most ridley scott films, hugely over-rated and disappointing. Cant think of more than 3 decent films he has ever done

You can't? Even if it was just 3 then that's a decent amount but come on:

Alien - Absolute bona fide classic of the genre
    Blade Runner - See Alien comment
    Gladiator - Can't think of a better swords and sandal movie and yes I've seen all the classsics
    Black Hawk Down - Excellent technical movie, not many better war movies
    Matchstick Men - Hugely underrated
    A Good Year - extremely enjoyable "gentle" movie.

For the first two on that list alone he has earned his place in movie history.

Babbabooey;8594796

Blade RunnerGladiatorAlien

Black Rain
    Black Hawk Down

Banned

I always felt it was a bad choice for him to do a Robin Hood movie. I think it's a bad choice for anyone to do a Robin Hood movie. POT was fine for that story.

master_chief;8594857

I always felt it was a bad choice for him to do a Robin Hood movie. I … I always felt it was a bad choice for him to do a Robin Hood movie. I think it's a bad choice for anyone to do a Robin Hood movie. POT was fine for that story.

aye, its time to move on

Banned

Apparently he's doing a prequel to Alien next, all about the space jockey from Alien.
    Now that may be worth watching.

Banned

sennasnit;8595624

Apparently he's doing a prequel to Alien next, all about the space jockey … Apparently he's doing a prequel to Alien next, all about the space jockey from Alien.Now that may be worth watching.

Not in 3D it won't!

Banned

master_chief;8594808

You can't? Even if it was just 3 then that's a decent amount but come … You can't? Even if it was just 3 then that's a decent amount but come on:Alien - Absolute bona fide classic of the genreBlade Runner - See Alien commentGladiator - Can't think of a better swords and sandal movie and yes I've seen all the classsicsBlack Hawk Down - Excellent technical movie, not many better war moviesMatchstick Men - Hugely underratedA Good Year - extremely enjoyable "gentle" movie.For the first two on that list alone he has earned his place in movie history.

ok, maybe 3 was an understatement but I would still only say that American Gangster, Alien and Bladerunner are excellent films. A lot of the stuff he has done is awful (GI Jane, White squall, 1492)

features.metacritic.com/fea…e;1

Babbabooey;8594796

Blade RunnerGladiatorAlienPossibly American Gangster and Black Hawk Down

Some of my favourite films :thumbsup:

Banned

master_chief;8595659

Not in 3D it won't!

You're very anti-3D Master, why the bitterness, there's always a 2D choice.

Banned

sennasnit;8595843

You're very anti-3D Master, why the bitterness, there's always a 2D … You're very anti-3D Master, why the bitterness, there's always a 2D choice.

Because I fear the day there won't be a choice in the Cinema.

Banned

csiman;8595763

ok, maybe 3 was an understatement but I would still only say that … ok, maybe 3 was an understatement but I would still only say that American Gangster, Alien and Bladerunner are excellent films. A lot of the stuff he has done is awful (GI Jane, White squall, 1492)http://features.metacritic.com/features/2010/movies-directed-by-ridley-scott/?tag=topslot;title;1

To say you think he made 3 excellent films in your opinion is good going for most Directors. Of course there are some that have made more top quality movies but not many and very few hold claim to making masterpieces like Ridley has.

Hated American gangster, that does fit in with your initial point on this thread.

Banned

master_chief;8595868

To say you think he made 3 excellent films in your opinion is good going … To say you think he made 3 excellent films in your opinion is good going for most Directors. Of course there are some that have made more top quality movies but not many and very few hold claim to making masterpieces like Ridley has.Hated American gangster, that does fit in with your initial point on this thread.

yeah, each to their own. Personally, I wish Frank Darbont would direct more films (green mile, the mist, shawshank, the majestic)

imdb.com/nam…04/

Banned

csiman;8596578

yeah, each to their own. Personally, I wish Frank Darbont would direct … yeah, each to their own. Personally, I wish Frank Darbont would direct more films (green mile, the mist, shawshank, the majestic)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001104/

Three great movies there, not seen Majestic yet. He should just work on adapting King novels, become his official adaptater.

Banned

master_chief;8596617

Three great movies there, not seen Majestic yet. He should just work on … Three great movies there, not seen Majestic yet. He should just work on adapting King novels, become his official adaptater.

sounds good to me :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians2741
      2. Get an annual MOT reminder712
      3. MacOS High Sierra - Workgroup name problem11
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767434

See more discussions