Groups
    EXPIRED

Rock Band (one or two) Guitar pack for Xbox 360!?

Hi,

I've just purchased GH:WT full pack (1x Mic, 1x Guitar, 1x Drums and game) and I'm now after a pack with either Rock Band 1 or 2, along with a guitar.

Do they do such a pack? I can't find one anywhere, otherwise can someone please recommend me a guitar I can buy separately?

Thanks

13 Comments

im not sure the rock band guitar can be bought separately. But to be honest, you would be better with the Guitar Hero guitars as they are supposedly much better, have a read up about people complaining about the Rock Band guitar being aweful.

You can buy the GH3 Les Paul on its own

gamestation.co.uk/Xbo…ar/

not sure if this is cheapest but its a start. Then you can just get rock band game(s) solus versions

The best way really to get an extra guitar is to buy Guitar Hero 3 full pack at HMV if you can still get it at £35, or get the better guitar with Guitar Hero World Tour, Argos are doing the pack currently for £49, then trade in the game as a SOLUS at Gamestation, price beating CEX.

Then use that store credit to buy Rock Band 2 !

Also note that its not worth getting Rock Band 1 if you own the 360, if you do a trial at Lovefilm or Tesco DVD rental you can rent Rock Band 1, buy some Xbox Live points and it will allow you to copy the songs over for use in Rock Band 2.

Original Poster

Many thanks for the replies guys! Seems like the Guitar Hero guitar is the way forward then. HMV is back up to £60 unfortunately, but I guess it'd still be cheaper to buy that, and sell the game sealed for £30 or so wouldn't it? That Les Paul one linked above does look rather nice though!

Actually! ]Bargain! Even with delivery it works out nice and cheap, thanks

Original Poster

Very good advice about Rock Band the original by the way, will try and grab a copy and transfer the songs across

blizeH;3906756

Many thanks for the replies guys! Seems like the Guitar Hero guitar is … Many thanks for the replies guys! Seems like the Guitar Hero guitar is the way forward then. HMV is back up to £60 unfortunately, but I guess it'd still be cheaper to buy that, and sell the game sealed for £30 or so wouldn't it? That Les Paul one linked above does look rather nice though!Actually! ]Bargain! Even with delivery it works out nice and cheap, thanks

I think it was instore only that HMV were selling GH3 with the guitar for £35 You would get more trade in value to be honest if you bought the Argos deal of GHWT for £49 and traded in the game only.

The Les Paul one is the one that came with either Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock, and Guitar Hero : Aerosmith. Its ok, but smaller than the one with GHWT, which has a much better strum bar and longer neck and a dedicated star power palm button. You have to tilt the guitar with the Les Paul to activate Star power and it can be a bit hit or miss.

]http//ww…htm £48 at Argos

]http//ww…buy £28 exchange at CEX, get Gamestation to price beat it for £29

That then gives you £29 store credit at Gamestation towards Rock Band 2 and you have an extra GHWT guitar for just £20

Original Poster

That's awesome, thanks so much

Think I'm going to get the one from Argos and sell the game, then when I'm done with GH:WT I'll go and buy Rock Band (and rent Rock Band 1 or something)

Many thanks!

blizeH;3906856

That's awesome, thanks so much :)Think I'm going to get the one from … That's awesome, thanks so much :)Think I'm going to get the one from Argos and sell the game, then when I'm done with GH:WT I'll go and buy Rock Band (and rent Rock Band 1 or something)Many thanks!

No problem both Rock Band 2 and GHWT games are definitely worth owning for sure.

Original Poster

Yeah, I actually just looked through the GH:WT stuff and if I'm honest, there's not a single song I'd like to play, not on the DLC anyways, Rock Band 1 and 2 on the other hand... awesome

As a result I'll probably be trading in GH:WT very soon and just sticking to Rock Band, and have cancelled my order with Amazon as I don't want the touch screen slidey bit.

Is there anywhere I can pick up a reasonably priced old guitar without the slidey bit?

Original Poster

Arghhh... I'm so close to cancelling my order and waiting for the Rock Band 2 instrument pack to come out, and buy those symbols separately

I was in HMV today and they had PS3 & 360 Guitar Hero's with guitar for £35 still, you should ask for it, rather then looking for yourself like most people do and fail

Original Poster

That's an awesome deal, I live around an hour's drive from a HMV unfortunately so it's a bit awkward

blizeH;3909639

That's an awesome deal, I live around an hour's drive from a HMV … That's an awesome deal, I live around an hour's drive from a HMV unfortunately so it's a bit awkward

GH:WT instruments are better than Rock Band, so stick with the full bundle and get an extra guitar either by buying that set from Argos, or the older GH3 from HMV, at the end of the day, regardless of whether you like or hate GH:WT/GH3 they can be traded in for Rock Band 2 and Xbox Live points for downloads.

To be honest, I am not as impressed with GH:WT tracklisting, and wished that both Red Octane and Harmonix would both do more alt rock/indie stuff.

But as far as the instruments go, the GH:WT guitar works great with Rock Band 2, yes it doesnt utilise the touch bar, but it can be ignored anyway, its not a problem, touching over the sensors doesnt do anything on screen anyway in Rock Band 2.

As stated, GH:WT guitar is better as its long necked and the buttons on the neck are nicely spaced. For a bass guitar it doesnt really matter as much so the Les Paul from GH3 would suffice for that. The drum kit is better with GH:WT with pressure sensitive cymbals, the only thing better with Rock Band is they have apparantly redesigned a metal kick pedal, the cymbals have to be bought seperately...weigh up the cost...think you would do far better sticking with what has been helpful on here and doing a bit of wheeling and dealing trading in to customise to suit.

Original Poster

Ahh that's awesome, thanks again cico

Have stuck with my GH:WT pack then, and also ordered Rock Band 2... will try and blitz through the GH:WT single player stuff then trade it in and move onto Rock Band Some of the DLC for that alone is just incredible, can't wait

May re-place my order for that GH:WT guitar bundle, or may just wait and see how often I'll need two guitars..

Thanks again, really appreciate it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Zelda Game?79
      2. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9533
      3. Cinema 24122
      4. Recommend accurate weighing scales22

See more discussions