Found 1st Jul
Been thinking of trying this game to learn guitar, has anyone else had any success? I can buy game and cable from amazon, I would get PC version it says Steam version in title but then says PC Code Uplay, so not sure if its a steam version which requires a uplay account or just a uplay code? Is there any where else cheaper to buy the cable?

Also will need an electric guitar but no idea what to buy!

Thanks

5 Comments

most likely a steam code that has to open uplay for it to run like all the assassin creed games, a basic electric 6 string is good to start with, like a yamaha for example, they build decent instruments to start with, there are other brands that are just as good too. I started with a brand called encore which i dont even know if they exist anymore as havent seen them for years, but that guitar was totally playable to learn on.
I usually recommend people starting to learn guitar to get the cheapest decent brand you can as when you start to learn an instrument, having an expensive one really wont make a difference, it's better to get good at it and then you can hear the difference of a better instrument, basically no one sounds good when they start so an expensive one is a waste of money for learning

I enjoyed that game but didn't play it to learn guitar as I already knew how to play. But I liked it as I was playing songs I wouldn't normally play.

As above encores are a good learner guitar probably still nocking around on eBay. I learnt on a cheaply guitar first and it wasn't great. But good to get the basics down. Then I got a fender stratocaster and I found that so much easier to play. Now I have a Yamaha electro acoustic too.

Original Poster

Hi
I have gone and bought a Epiphone ESGSEBCH1 SG-Special with KillPot Electric Guitar it seems to get good reviews and not too expensive at £124. I was looking at the Yamaha Pacifica too. Just need the game now, and patience!

I think when I had lessons someone had that and it looked and played nice IIRC.

You've re kindled me wanted to play again so I'm now looking at getting the game lol

Don't know whether to get it for pc or PS4 I suppose pc is more portable

Original Poster

19alexanderson91

I think when I had lessons someone had that and it looked and played nice … I think when I had lessons someone had that and it looked and played nice IIRC.You've re kindled me wanted to play again so I'm now looking at getting the game lolDon't know whether to get it for pc or PS4 I suppose pc is more portable

Yeah I have a PS4 too but thought I would go for PC as might want to keep playing it when PS5 is out
Its only £15 in steam sale atm and some songs are cheaper too (not sure of normal prices though)

I had some lessons on an acoustic guitar when I was young but wasn't into it enough, teacher seemed to go over the same stuff all the time too maybe because I wasn't getting any better!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427914646
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356170
    3. Hope of a cure for asthma11
    4. EA shuts down Visceral Games.712

See more discussions