Rolex Long Term Investment Pieces

Found 18th Jul
Hello all,

Looking to buy my first brand new Rolex from an AD and just wondering if anybody can recommend pieces for longer term investment?

Got my name down for 50th anniversary Sea Dweller, hulk sub and black date and no date subs.

Would a no date black sub hold it's value well?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
No idea. But I’ve heard it’s extremely difficult to make money on watches unless you know exactly what you’re buying (ie a watch dealer)
So I’m not convinced you’ll get any decent advice from a site where people are concerned about saving 10p on a bag of donuts.
Maybe try some dedicated Rolex forums. But even then if you’re finding the information from a random person online it’s unlikely you’ll make money from it.
6 Comments
No idea. But I’ve heard it’s extremely difficult to make money on watches unless you know exactly what you’re buying (ie a watch dealer)
So I’m not convinced you’ll get any decent advice from a site where people are concerned about saving 10p on a bag of donuts.
Maybe try some dedicated Rolex forums. But even then if you’re finding the information from a random person online it’s unlikely you’ll make money from it.
Simba9220 m ago

No idea. But I’ve heard it’s extremely difficult to make money on watches u …No idea. But I’ve heard it’s extremely difficult to make money on watches unless you know exactly what you’re buying (ie a watch dealer) So I’m not convinced you’ll get any decent advice from a site where people are concerned about saving 10p on a bag of donuts. Maybe try some dedicated Rolex forums. But even then if you’re finding the information from a random person online it’s unlikely you’ll make money from it.

Second that, buy a house you’ll get a better return.
Or by second hand and it will appreciate - new watches tend to dip and then go up after a few years
Don't forget to calculate the cost of servicing into buying an expensive watch.
Most Rolex watches will have a good sell on value (if looked after) but there are very few that will make money. You need to be in the loop and have a good relationship with a dealer to be put on the list for the "hot" ones. One of the Daytona's was selling for £5-6k above RRP on issue last year but getting one in the first place would have been tricky. Buy the watch because you like it and will enjoy it. Just avoid Michael McIntyre's neighbourhood.

PS Lidl have 20p off doughnuts this week
Don’t buy as an investment, buy to wear and enjoy. New ones go up in price every year so if you look after it in a few years you might break even. But that’s the chance you take.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants