Rolls of turf

Found 11th Jun
Does anyone have any recommendations for rolls of turf I need 70m2, and not sure about different qualities either.
TIA
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
In the absence of anything else, I looked for a Rolawn supplier. around £3.50 a metre or strip
Garden centres charge around £3 a metre so you might as well go for Rolawn as they are probably better quality. Strictly speaking it's not the right time of year to be laying turf, Sept. - Oct. is recommended otherwise it will dry out and you'll be watering constantly to stop it dying..
jaketheplumber1 h, 8 m ago

Garden centres charge around £3 a metre so you might as well go for …Garden centres charge around £3 a metre so you might as well go for Rolawn as they are probably better quality. Strictly speaking it's not the right time of year to be laying turf, Sept. - Oct. is recommended otherwise it will dry out and you'll be watering constantly to stop it dying..

Cheers, yea I know its not ideal timing but got a new house and there is no lawn down for the kids to play in 😫
gormley9014 m ago

Cheers, yea I know its not ideal timing but got a new house and there is …Cheers, yea I know its not ideal timing but got a new house and there is no lawn down for the kids to play in 😫

You don't want kids playing on it as soon as it's laid, it needs quite a long time to settle.
Its going to take 5-8 weeks settle in these temps. Best buy a really good bar style sprayer that will soak the whole thing every evening and again every morning. an hour each time. It'll cost a fortune in water but it your only way.
deleted1597344
Best4hedging turf is good about £2.50 a roll. Should also be able to find a 10% off promo code easy enough.
Quick guide to laying turf
rhs.org.uk/adv…410
It really is all about the preparation and if you must lay it now, it will take an awful lot of watering. It's worth doing right once, otherwise it will never be a good lawn. I live in a new build and mine came with turf. It's never really taken. I'm an experienced gardener and even i can't make much out of it.
Why not go for the artificial stuff. Might pay more now but the sprogs will be able to play on it straight away and you will never have to mow it. 70m2 is not a very big garden anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants