Groups

Ronnie Biggs released on compassionate at grounds

Will probably never leave hospital

88 Comments

Too easy in this country. If you get a prison sentence you should be made to serve the whole lot.

Regardless of if he's dying or not he doesn't deserve to be released.

Syzable;5950949

Too easy in this country. If you get a prison sentence you should be made … Too easy in this country. If you get a prison sentence you should be made to serve the whole lot.Regardless of if he's dying or not he doesn't deserve to be released.

+1

Banned

he's been let out to die , have some compassion

casparwhite;5950981

No compassion for the man they killed though during the robbery or his family though. As always it's the innocent people who have to suffer.

he robbed a train,not condoning that but he didnt kill anyone did he?

edit i see he did

Syzable;5950984

No compassion for the man they killed though during the robbery or his … No compassion for the man they killed though during the robbery or his family though. As always it's the innocent people who have to suffer.

ohhh i dodnt know anyone died from it, i must pay attention

casparwhite;5950981

if he'd stayed here, not done a runner and served the time he should've when he should've he'd have been out years ago and would've been able to die wherever he wanted to.

loupomm;5950993

he robbed a train,not condoning that but he didnt kill anyone did he?

None of them would say which one did it but yes a man was murdered.

Syzable;5950949

Too easy in this country. If you get a prison sentence you should be made … Too easy in this country. If you get a prison sentence you should be made to serve the whole lot.Regardless of if he's dying or not he doesn't deserve to be released.

+1

Used the media to serve his purpose. Doesn't matter if hes dying or not. Not going to save him now.

I understand compassion but his a criminal. End of.

He caused pain in some way to another person he had no though for them.

Syzable;5951002

None of them would say which one did it but yes a man was murdered.

ah ok, didnt know that.... was it in the film? :oops:

loupomm;5951027

ah ok, didnt know that.... was it in the film? :oops:

lol. Don't know.........i've never watched the film. :-D

seen reports of people commiting murdered and then jailed for lighter sentances like manslaughter etc, these people being let out far far quicker than this fellow. hardly fair. im not condoning anything. just saying.

shanecr;5951040

seen reports of people commiting murdered and then jailed for lighter … seen reports of people commiting murdered and then jailed for lighter sentances like manslaughter etc, these people being let out far far quicker than this fellow. hardly fair. im not condoning anything. just saying.

that was my first thought, didnt know any one was killed

Syzable;5950984

No compassion for the man they killed though during the robbery or his … No compassion for the man they killed though during the robbery or his family though. As always it's the innocent people who have to suffer.

loupomm;5950993

he robbed a train,not condoning that but he didnt kill anyone did he?edit … he robbed a train,not condoning that but he didnt kill anyone did he?edit i see he did

Some facts

Although no guns were used, the train driver was hit on the head with an … Although no guns were used, the train driver was hit on the head with an iron bar, causing a black eye and facial bruising. The assailant was one of two members of the gang who was never identified. Frank Williams (at the time a Detective Inspector) claims to have traced the man, but he could not be charged because of lack of evidence. Mills recovered but had constant trauma headaches the rest of his life. He died in 1970 from ]leukaemia.

shanecr;5951040

seen reports of people commiting murdered and then jailed for lighter … seen reports of people commiting murdered and then jailed for lighter sentances like manslaughter etc, these people being let out far far quicker than this fellow. hardly fair. im not condoning anything. just saying.

It's true but the justice system in this country is out of date.:x

shanecr;5951040

theft gets and always will get heftier sentences, bloody western laws :roll:

Banned

ants97;5951001

if he'd stayed here, not done a runner and served the time he should've … if he'd stayed here, not done a runner and served the time he should've when he should've he'd have been out years ago and would've been able to die wherever he wanted to.

i say fair play to him, he escaped from prison and lived the life of riley. he came back of hos own accord to serve his time and he's on his death bed hardly worth the cost and space of keeping him in the nick is it really?

choc1969;5951057

Some facts

so no one was murdered during the robbery?

im not condoning it btw :thumbsup:

I stand corrected........i was thinking of something else. :-D

Still..............he should rot until his time is up or he dies. Whichever is first.

Nothing personal to him but it should be the same for all criminals given a sentence.

Banned

choc1969;5951062

theft gets and always will get heftier sentences, bloody western laws … theft gets and always will get heftier sentences, bloody western laws :roll:

I do love how people who take money from 'the man' become folk heros in some parts. Not surprising his flight back was paid for by The Sun.

loupomm;5951077

so no one was murdered during the robbery?im not condoning it btw … so no one was murdered during the robbery?im not condoning it btw :thumbsup:

Syzable;5951079

I stand corrected........i was thinking of something else. … I stand corrected........i was thinking of something else. :-DStill..............he should rot until his time is up or he dies. Whichever is first. Nothing personal to him but it should be the same for all criminals given a sentence.

I'm not condoning but sick to the teeth of murderers, rapists etc getting 3 years :x

People who steal cash etc get 10 plus years ......go figure :roll:

choc1969;5951099

I'm not condoning but sick to the teeth of murderers, rapists etc getting … I'm not condoning but sick to the teeth of murderers, rapists etc getting 3 years :xPeople who steal cash etc get 10 plus years ......go figure :roll:

Thats why I said the rules are out of date.

Banned

I suppose at his age you can't expect him to climb a wall like he did last time.

choc1969;5951099

I'm not condoning but sick to the teeth of murderers, rapists etc getting … I'm not condoning but sick to the teeth of murderers, rapists etc getting 3 years :xPeople who steal cash etc get 10 plus years ......go figure :roll:

that was my point, he robbed a train, others who do worse get less

Adam2050;5951113

Thats why I said the rules are out of date.

Thats why I didn't go down that career path lol....

"The law is an ass"

choc1969;5951099

I agree.............the whole system is a mess.

I think all major crimes should be met with very harsh sentences.......whether rape, murder, armed robbery etc.

I worked in the Prison Service long enough to know what a cushy number they have.......when we released them they used to say 'See you in a month' because life was great for them.......free pocket money, duvets, TV, Stereo and Playstation in their room and Sky TV in the mess room.

Original Poster

they get free money?!

boothy;5951148

they get free money?!

I got £5.34 per week when I was in Prison, that had to cover toiletries, stamps & Tobacco at normal shop prices. I was also given £45 on the day I was released.

Original Poster

RedIron;5951165

I got £5.34 per week when I was in Prison, that had to cover toiletries, … I got £5.34 per week when I was in Prison, that had to cover toiletries, stamps & Tobacco at normal shop prices. I was also given £45 on the day I was released.

didn't know that,cheers

casparwhite;5951067

he came back of hos own accord to serve his time

he only came back for the free health care, something that he hadnt contributed too.

if he was still fit and well he would still be in rio.

boothy;5951148

they get free money?!

Yes.........it also gets topped up if they choose to work in one of the workshops but it's not compulsary.

Family can also give them a set amount to spend on luxuries as well each week. Most of them get magazine subscriptions etc.

Syzable;5951139

I agree.............the whole system is a mess.I think all major crimes … I agree.............the whole system is a mess.I think all major crimes should be met with very harsh sentences.......whether rape, murder, armed robbery etc.I worked in the Prison Service long enough to know what a cushy number they have.......when we released them they used to say 'See you in a month' because life was great for them.......free pocket money, duvets, TV, Stereo and Playstation in their room and Sky TV in the mess room.

I know, got a mate who is head of catering for a young offenders place and they are treated like royalty......he went in and cut the food budgets back as they had allowances of £10 a day per inmate :x,

Hospital catering budgets are £3.50 a day for patients :thinking:

boothy;5951177

didn't know that,cheers

No problems, that was in military prison by the way. Civil prisoners are giving a lot more money and a lot more luxuries. My luxuries consisted of £5.34 per week, two 10 ten minute phone calls and use of a shared TV (between about 60 of us) for a few hours on a Saturday night.

We had to do our own cleaning, washing, ironing and what not too, I don't think normal prisoners have to.

RedIron;5951201

No problems, that was in military prison by the way. Civil prisoners are … No problems, that was in military prison by the way. Civil prisoners are giving a lot more money and a lot more luxuries. My luxuries consisted of £5.34 per week, two 10 ten minute phone calls and use of a shared TV (between about 60 of us) for a few hours on a Saturday night.We had to do our own cleaning, washing, ironing and what not too, I don't think normal prisoners have to.

No........civvie prisons are much easier going. :x Also, a lot of stuff is subsidised for them as well.

RedIron;5951201

No problems, that was in military prison by the way. Civil prisoners are … No problems, that was in military prison by the way. Civil prisoners are giving a lot more money and a lot more luxuries. My luxuries consisted of £5.34 per week, two 10 ten minute phone calls and use of a shared TV (between about 60 of us) for a few hours on a Saturday night.We had to do our own cleaning, washing, ironing and what not too, I don't think normal prisoners have to.

And thats how it should be :thumbsup:

Banned

solarforce;5951185

he only came back for the free health care, something that he hadnt … he only came back for the free health care, something that he hadnt contributed too.if he was still fit and well he would still be in rio.

sure he could afford to pay for better health care than the NHS provides to be honest

the money the sun paid him for his story would of been enough to take care of that alone

Syzable;5951218

No........civvie prisons are much easier going. :x Also, a lot of stuff … No........civvie prisons are much easier going. :x Also, a lot of stuff is subsidised for them as well.

Human Rights you know ;-)

choc1969;5951225

Human Rights you know ;-)

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! That used to drive me mad........we used to have a 'do-gooder' team based in the prison stipulating what we could/couldn't do or say and reminding us to think of their feelings. (Insert expletives. lol)

Also, they used to all have a day a week where they'd visit the hospital wing with a imaginary complaint so they could spend all day in bed and take the pee. :roll:

Banned

The fact is the guy took the mick out of the law - he's being released on compassionate grounds which implies the law has a certain sense of personality about it.

You can't expect it to exhibit compassion on the one hand, and not a sense of vindictiveness/retribution on the other, even though I believe it should be blind.

He had a good life abroad when he should have been serving his sentence.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1534
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2489
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1220
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1219

See more discussions