Groups

roof tile question

Hi I'm looking at having a outside roofing area done which is 8x4ft
    Now I can get my hands on 130 roof tiles which are 300x600 mm slate tile now I need to work out if these will fit the area needed i.e. With overhang etc, can someone help please thanks

8 Comments

Assuming it is 8ft wide (2438mm) and you laid the tiles in a portrait orientation you would need just over 8 across and 2 down to cover it completely. Which makes 16 in total so I would say 130 is more than enough with overhang.

tile calculator
    Edited by: "dtemple" 15th May

Original Poster

Ok I had to ask as the guy said there enough to do 24foot (unsure how) and I was unsure as I no they have to lap / overhang

You have enough but why not use a Dutch or Staggered Lap. Add a bit of individuality.

You will need 32 slate's each side so 64in total.

Original Poster

getmeone

You have enough but why not use a Dutch or Staggered Lap. Add a bit of … You have enough but why not use a Dutch or Staggered Lap. Add a bit of individuality.

Please explain?

Original Poster

I'll be using to cover a pizza oven which at top temputure will get to 500 degrees this will have a chimney which will go though the roof so needing something like slate with the temp,

Se10ery241

Please explain?

Something like this.

http://inspectapedia.com/roof/JSM-627-20Sep06df-BUs.jpg

I couldn't remember where I saw this table, but I have found it if you go for std hang. They are Duchess Slates or as near as damn it.

johnwilliamsroofing.co.uk/sla…10/

Edited by: "getmeone" 17th May
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1817
      2. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410
      4. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…34

See more discussions