Groups

roofing advice

I have a flat,well slightly pitched house roof with felt on, but its deteriated badly and i was thinking of replacing it all with a fibreglass roof.The area is 72 square metres i have been told,seems high for a normal semi?.Anyway the best quote i have had so far is £1700 with 20 year guarantee.Does this seem fair or should i try for lower.Any roofers advice appreciated.Thanks

6 Comments

Always shop around and checkout other options.
    A guarantee is only good while the provider is in business

Original Poster

very true mate i know the guarantee off the roofer would be touch and go say 10 years down the line but the fibreglass itself is long lasting i think.I have had the felt patched up twice because of leaks in last 2 years and thats cost £300 so looking at long term but just dont want to be ripped off.It would also be great if somebody in the know could tell me what materials are involved so i could price them up online and then figure out what i will be charged for labour

It would also be great if somebody in the know could tell me what … It would also be great if somebody in the know could tell me what materials are involved so i could price them up online and then figure out what i will be charged for labour

When being quoted, ask the labourer/workman to show a breakdown of the costs for you.

Original Poster

I will do that mate he was pricing by the metre when he was here just, i will ask him when he rings back

what is the width and length of the roof? 72sq m seems a bit much.

Original Poster

he said it was 2 lots of 6x6 metres
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844463
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767200
      3. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers79
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047094

See more discussions