Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 23rd Jan 2023
Hello,
I have recently had emergency repairs done on my house but unsure if this is a fair price for this kind of work?
Bearing in mind, the works been done within a week
4074306_1.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    My experience has been that all traders are ripping us off in the name of inflation and due to the losses suffered when there wasn't much work during Covid times.
    Wonder if that explains why all the traders I called (that I'd previously used) about smallish jobs last year told me they were 'taking a break'. Actually I think they just wanted to stay below the VAT threshold but I'll never know. Meantime I've learned via YouTube how to replace tap cartridges, replace a shower control unit, fix a car leak and fix a leak above a ceiling.
  2. Avatar
    a bit too late to be asking this question now that the work has been done? for what has been described, i would think it is a fair quote.
    Author
    Thank you for the reply
    I trust the price and already paid
    It just felt a bit like buyers regret as it is quite a lot of money and looking for a bit of assurance.
  3. Avatar
    If it took them just under a week to do then yeah I’d say the price is fair, had it took them say a couple of days or even less then I’d suggest the price to be a rip off.

And before anybody pipes up your paying for the experience not the time it takes yes I know this as well
  4. Avatar
    They did all that without Scaffolding ?
    Author
    Yeah, with the way of our roof you can get up without one
    49382816-YefPW.jpg
  5. Avatar
    Sounds like a good price to me thats a lot of labour.
    Im going to assume you are north as I would have thought this would be 4-5k down south. (edited)
    Author
    Yeah, I’m based near Dundee, Scotland
  6. Avatar
    Did they retile the entire roof? That pic looks like an old roof?
    Old tiles reused
Top Merchants