Groups

Rooney set to miss season opener - virus picked up in nigeria - ebola??

Rooney set to miss season opener
    Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney is set to miss the start of the Premier League season on 17 August after picking up a virus.

The 22-year-old contracted the mystery virus on United's pre-season tour of Nigeria and has not trained since.

"I doubt Wayne will be fit for the start of the season," said United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"It's a virus he picked up in Nigeria and it's not a nice one. He's not been back in training yet."

news.bbc.co.uk/spo…stm

12 Comments

what a shame.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/04/28/svSHREK_narrowweb__300x352,0.jpg

Could be Bird Flu - it happens when you get married :P

http://www.jokefile.co.uk/sport/euro2004/heskey_rooney.jpg

Isn't Donkey out for the start of the season aswell?

lmao, rep for such joke ! ^^^

It's not likely to be ebola. If it was, there's a fairly high chance he'd be dead already. Which is a shame really, as it'd be a bit of a laugh.

dxx;2678821

It's not likely to be ebola. If it was, there's a fairly high chance he'd … It's not likely to be ebola. If it was, there's a fairly high chance he'd be dead already. Which is a shame really, as it'd be a bit of a laugh.

heh I was thinking ebola was a deadly disease/virus

fwibble;2678904

Oh, it is. It's one of the deadliest in the world. If you're unlucky enough to catch it, you have about a week until all of your internal organs turn to a horrible bloody mess. It's sort of like the viral equivelent of a smoothie maker, only without the casing. And without the earth wire, just for added kicks.

I suppose it's quite a good thing that it isn't. If he'd contracted it, and then gone out to play a football game, the result could've been catastrophic. You know 28 Weeks Later? Imagine that, but in real life. Scary stuff, innit?

Original Poster

fwibble;2678904

ebola - thought he played for arsenal:-D:-D

latest update - One of the keys to try to find a cure or vaccine for Ebola is to discover its' natural host. - ronaldo i suspect :thumbsup:

love the pics

dxx;2679171

Oh, it is. It's one of the deadliest in the world. If you're unlucky … Oh, it is. It's one of the deadliest in the world. If you're unlucky enough to catch it, you have about a week until all of your internal organs turn to a horrible bloody mess. It's sort of like the viral equivelent of a smoothie maker, only without the casing. And without the earth wire, just for added kicks. I suppose it's quite a good thing that it isn't. If he'd contracted it, and then gone out to play a football game, the result could've been catastrophic. You know 28 Weeks Later? Imagine that, but in real life. Scary stuff, innit?

heh, would be a football match worth watching :giggle:

lol bet he has herpes

shimagoza;2678521

Could be Bird Flu - it happens when you get married :P

looool
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553771
      3. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value48
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914467

See more discussions