Rooting Android Phone

Found 4th Nov 2017
Can you still play games on a rooted phone? If anyone knows please.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
yes, unless you brick the phone when rooting it.
Original Poster
GlentoranMark11 m ago

yes, unless you brick the phone when rooting it.

You got any advice on how not to do that please?
Find a good tutorial for your specific phone (preferably xda forum)!
I've only rooted 1 phone (Orange San Francisco a few years ago) but it was easy to do. As Jadamso says, find a guide and follow it step by step. Give it time, if something is taking longer than expected give it more time, it's when you take matters into your own hands when problems occur.

Do you really need to root it? Rooting is only used for specific purposes (like getting rid of bloatware or using a custom Rom). I've never had the need to root a phone since the San Francisco yet I develope apps in my spare time so I'm well familiar with the OS.
If you're not sure what you can/can't do with a rooted device, then rooting is probably not what you need - the only reasons you'd need to root would be to replace the ROM , or to run the few apps that require root.

You may not be able to use banking and some official streaming apps when rooted, as it is not secure
matth99992 h, 15 m ago

If you're not sure what you can/can't do with a rooted device, then …If you're not sure what you can/can't do with a rooted device, then rooting is probably not what you need - the only reasons you'd need to root would be to replace the ROM , or to run the few apps that require root.You may not be able to use banking and some official streaming apps when rooted, as it is not secure

Rooting has nothing to do with running a custom ROM.
I've got my oneplus 3t rooted. Main root apps/features I use are:

- Greenify
- sixaxis controller (for connecting a PS3 controller)

I also have a custom kernel on my device.

I rooted my device in order to play about with optimisations such as CPU speeds etc.

Also worth noting that Android Pay and banking apps work if you don't trigger something called Safetynet which can be done by using Magisk root method.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants