Rotten tomatoes rating

Found 13th Oct 2017
I was about to see the new thriller The Snowman (21% on RT) but I changed my mind and went to see The Ritual (71%). I have to say that was one of the worst films I've seen. Have you ever had this experience when you changed your mind because of RT reviews and regretted it?
2812338-5NUwP.jpg
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
I generally don't trust movies reviews. Movies are completely subjective and people are dumb, biased and easily influenced. Find a movie critic/s you like and follow their recommendations.
Edited by: "catbeans" 13th Oct 2017
I find imdb more accurate to my taste, rt is way off. And you can separate it from user and critics reviews and also by age which would give you a more accurate rating.
Edited by: "MR1123" 13th Oct 2017
16 Comments
I generally don't trust movies reviews. Movies are completely subjective and people are dumb, biased and easily influenced. Find a movie critic/s you like and follow their recommendations.
Edited by: "catbeans" 13th Oct 2017
The only time these critics got it correct over the past two years was Suicide Squad.
@hemp

"...Have you ever had this experience when you changed your mind because of RT reviews and regretted it?"

No & no.

Also, until you see "The Snowman", & form your own opinion of it, you will not know if you did really regret your decision.

"The Ritual" may have been a poor movie (for you), but "The Snowman" may be worse (the same, or better).
I find imdb more accurate to my taste, rt is way off. And you can separate it from user and critics reviews and also by age which would give you a more accurate rating.
Edited by: "MR1123" 13th Oct 2017
Original Poster
MR11231 h, 2 m ago

I find imdb more accurate to my taste, rt is way off. And you can separate …I find imdb more accurate to my taste, rt is way off. And you can separate it from user and critics reviews and also by age which would give you a more accurate rating.

Thanks, downloaded the Imdb app
Nope never been influenced to change my mind because of RT, because I know my taste in films might not be the same as other people's . Films I have loved in.the past my family have rolled their eyes at , if I think I would enjoy the film I give it a go . Also have fairly regular free tickets from see film first , so get to see some films that I wouldn't have picked myself , including Battle of the Sexes this week which I'm glad I didn't pay for
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 14th Oct 2017
I agree. Do not believe the critics. You've watched movies your entire life. You be the judge.
i read an article recently which claimed that some movie makers were fiddling the reviews on rotten tomatoes - can't remember how they were supposed to be doing it.

i've read the snowman - it's a good book IMHO.

in fact i've read all of nesbo's novels - except for the latest one.

en.wikipedia.org/wik…el)
MR112314 h, 32 m ago

I find imdb more accurate to my taste, rt is way off. And you can separate …I find imdb more accurate to my taste, rt is way off. And you can separate it from user and critics reviews and also by age which would give you a more accurate rating.

this. rotten tomatoes ratings are just completely stupid for me. never any where near what i would vote. imdb is much more accurate in my mind.
32251702-1cCpj.jpg

^ PS. When I see "The Snowman" I hope I am wrong about the identity of the killer, as the trailers seem to offer a lead suspect (in plain view).
Ive been saying now for a while that RT are getting paid off to give better ratings to movies.
Banned
RT is idiotic. Mark Kermode is the only one worth listening to.
But then, it's so personal.
Blade Runner, here I come.
FloraNordin1 m ago

RT is idiotic. Mark Kermode is the only one worth listening to.But then, …RT is idiotic. Mark Kermode is the only one worth listening to.But then, it's so personal.Blade Runner, here I come.

Trying to understand some of Mark Kermode's reviews is like watching "Blade Runner".
Reviews of all kinds should be taken with a large pinch of salt. They can help inform decisions but not to be taken as gospel.
FloraNordin4 h, 40 m ago

RT is idiotic. Mark Kermode is the only one worth listening to.But then, …RT is idiotic. Mark Kermode is the only one worth listening to.But then, it's so personal.Blade Runner, here I come.

I remember watching Scream 4 in cinema with friends and thought it was a great take-your-mind-off-worlds-problems-and-enjoy comedic horror film, then later that day I was casually flicking channels and came across his review on BBC News taking the film wayyyyyyyy too seriously and slamming many aspects of it. I checked his other reviews out at the time online hating on other great films, and from then on I decided to not take his opinion of films seriously and instead go on other reviewers of films without a clear 'hater' agenda like Chris Stuckmann, the Angry Video Game Nerd and Red Letter Media.
Edited by: "hass123" 14th Oct 2017
Banned
hass1232 h, 23 m ago

I remember watching Scream 4 in cinema with friends and thought it was a …I remember watching Scream 4 in cinema with friends and thought it was a great take-your-mind-off-worlds-problems-and-enjoy comedic horror film, then later that day I was casually flicking channels and came across his review on BBC News taking the film wayyyyyyyy too seriously and slamming many aspects of it. I checked his other reviews out at the time online hating on other great films, and from then on I decided to not take his opinion of films seriously and instead go on other reviewers of films without a clear 'hater' agenda like Chris Stuckmann, the Angry Video Game Nerd and Red Letter Media.

Problem with your comment is.... Scream 4 was poo, just like the others really.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants