Expired

Round 5 of 5 to 09:00 on Friday 14th October - WIN A WEEKEND BREAK IN FLORENCE OR VENICE @ Classic FM

19 replies
Found 5th Oct 2016Made hot 5th Oct 2016
We have a stylish weekend break to be won! And you can choose your destination…

If it’s Florence, the winner will get return flights and transfers for two people, three nights accommodation in a 4-star hotel with breakfast, a half-day Dan Brown’s Inferno walking tour led by an expert and independent access to Opera del Duomo Museum, the Crypt of Santa Reparata, Brunelleschi’s Dome and Giotto’s Bell Tower.

If it’s Venice, the winner will get return flights and transfers for two people, three nights accommodation in a 4-star hotel with breakfast, and an atmospheric Hidden Venice Night Walking Tour with a professional guide, taking in gems such as the Church of Santa Maria del Miracoli and the spiral Bovolo staircase.

All you need to do is Crack The Code below!

NOTES:

There are 5 rounds, come back to check for new questions/answers in comments.

-------------------

Completion message:

You entered the competition successfully. Good luck!

=================================

19 Comments

Original Poster

There are 5 rounds, come back to check for new questions/answers in comments. Becomes daily by round 2.

-------------------

Round 1 to 09:00 on Monday 10th October
Q: This cyclist is quite an Enigma. Try some ‘large’ variations.
ANSWER: Elgar

Anagram of 'large'
----------------------

For Round 1 - online entry will open at 00:01 on Wednesday 5th October and close at 09:00 on Monday 10th October

For Round 2 - online entry will open at 10:00 on Monday 10th October and close at 09:00 on Tuesday 11th October.

For Round 3 - online entry will open at 10:00 on Tuesday 11th October and close at 09:00 on Wednesday 12th October.

For Round 4 - online entry will open at 10:00 on Wednesday 12th October and close at 09:00 on Thursday 13th October.

For Round 5 - online entry will open at 10:00 on Thursday 13th October and close at 09:00 on Friday 14th October.

WELL DONE

thanks

Thanks

Thank you

thanks

thanks

Marba - you're a genious! Thanks so much

Thank You

Thank you

Thanks

Original Poster

For Round 2 - online entry will open at 10:00 on Monday 10th October and close at 09:00 on Tuesday 11th October.

NOTE: At the moment it does not appear to be submitting my entry but here is the Q&A.

Q: All he ever wanted for Christmas was a nutcracker.
ANSWER: Tchaikovsky

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ker
The Nutcracker is a two-act ballet, originally choreographed by Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov with a score by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (op. 71).
---------------------------------

Original Poster

marba01

For Round 2 - online entry will open at 10:00 on Monday 10th October and … For Round 2 - online entry will open at 10:00 on Monday 10th October and close at 09:00 on Tuesday 11th October. NOTE: At the moment it does not appear to be submitting my entry but here is the Q&A. Q: All he ever wanted for Christmas was a nutcracker.ANSWER: Tchaikovskyhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_NutcrackerThe Nutcracker is a two-act ballet, originally choreographed by Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov with a score by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (op. 71). ---------------------------------:)

I have sent an inquiry to Classic FM to report this as a problem.

Original Poster

marba01

I have sent an inquiry to Classic FM to report this as a problem.

It is working now.

Great, thanks v much.

Original Poster

For Round 3 - online entry will open at 10:00 on Tuesday 11th October and close at 09:00 on Wednesday 12th October.

Q: Dah-dah-dah-daaaaah. You’ll definitely recognise this composer’s beat.
ANSWER: Beethoven

youtube.com/wat…1hI
Beethoven's 5th Symphony

---------------------------------------

Today's answer is Vivaldi

Original Poster

For Round 4 - online entry will open at 10:00 on Wednesday 12th October and close at 09:00 on Thursday 13th October.
Q: Before Frankie Valli, the Red Priest of Venice gave us the original four seasons.
Today's answer is Vivaldi
(with thanks to OohWhatDoesThisButtonDo)

Original Poster

For Round 5 - online entry will open at 10:00 on Thursday 13th October and close at 09:00 on Friday 14th October.
Q: This composer Was Glad to discover his music was used at a royal celebration
ANSWER: Parry

classicfm.com/com…ad/
Hubert Parry: I Was Glad
From the moment it begins, it is throbbing with energy, and the first choral cloudburst of the words ‘I was glad’ still sends a tingle down the spine, even on the hundredth hearing.
Parry took a couple of coronations to get it exactly right, though. He originally wrote it to accompany the crowning of Edward VII, and then, nine years later, offered it up again, for the coronation of George V.
-------------------------------------------------------

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Wow apple you really are bad1624
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA918
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604817
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247640

See more discussions