Route Plotter

Posted 7th MayEdited by:"tiki3471"
Question: Does anyone know an app or program online where I can put in street names and it plots the best route from the first name to the last one. Something like delivery drivers would use to drop parcels off?

We're doing a meal /food run tomorrow at 30 addresses in my area and want to know what the most effecient and economical way to do it.

Thanks
Waqas
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Mapfactor navigator. You add all the addresses in as 'my places'. Then select one as your final destination, and tick all the ones you want to go to. Then click 'optimise' and off you go.Beast of all is you can keep all the addresses on there - Just tick the ones you want to go to. Adding and removing them from the list, trip by trip, by ticking/ unticking.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 7th May
Ringfinger07/05/2020 18:54

Mapfactor navigator. You add all the addresses in as 'my places'. Then …Mapfactor navigator. You add all the addresses in as 'my places'. Then select one as your final destination, and tick all the ones you want to go to. Then click 'optimise' and off you go.Beast of all is you can keep all the addresses on there - Just tick the ones you want to go to. Adding and removing them from the list, trip by trip, by ticking/ unticking.

Thanks for this. Will have a look at it now. Much appreciated.
tiki347107/05/2020 19:03

Thanks for this. Will have a look at it now. Much appreciated.

One tip. Put the postcode in the city section of search, then zoom in on the map and touch the place in the road you want to go to (long roads can be a problem if you come into the middle of it. All Sat navs can send you left instead of right etc) and select 'add to my places' then give it a name such as Mr Bloggs house etc, to make it easier to select or deselect it from the itinerary.
I'm a coach driver and have dozens of locations and waypoints preloaded. Easy to use once it's up and running
Ringfinger07/05/2020 19:17

One tip. Put the postcode in the city section of search, then zoom in …One tip. Put the postcode in the city section of search, then zoom in on the map and touch the place in the road you want to go to (long roads can be a problem if you come into the middle of it. All Sat navs can send you left instead of right etc) and select 'add to my places' then give it a name such as Mr Bloggs house etc, to make it easier to select or deselect it from the itinerary.I'm a coach driver and have dozens of locations and waypoints preloaded. Easy to use once it's up and running

I've added all the addresses but how do I choose them all and then in order along the start and end route?
OP, this is a interesting problem.

This isn't anything they can do this perfectly.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…lem
tiki347107/05/2020 19:27

I've added all the addresses but how do I choose them all and then in …I've added all the addresses but how do I choose them all and then in order along the start and end route?

Select optimise fir shortest route.
Drag and drop to change order.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions